• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2013 GIRO?

• Others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jason_Mercier said:
YEAHHHHHH. Here are the TT'ers. And what would happen if Wilco do the Van Garderen style in the TDF? i mean **** his own leader in the climbs and of course in the Itts. ?¿? Also i can see Kruivswijk more than one time stronger than Robert in the mountains. His 2011 Giro tell me that. The news is great.
Kelderman needs to have made a big step over the winter to be better than Gesink in the mountains. Kruijswijk is a different story. At any rate they'll be sending a team that is a gazillion times better than last year ;)

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
YEAHHHHHH. Here are the TT'ers. And what would happen if Wilco do the Van Garderen style in the TDF? i mean **** his own leader in the climbs and of course in the Itts. ?¿? Also i can see Kruivswijk more than one time stronger than Robert in the mountains. His 2011 Giro tell me that. The news is great.

If Gesink turns out to be his former 2010-11 self he's the best GT rider on RabobankBlanco. Kruijswijk can try a De Gendt while the other favourites hesitate, but in most cases he'll be the super domestique. Concerning Kelderman I don't really expect much from his first GT. Maybe the TT's suit him, but he's just there to finish, maybe get in a break.

Still I wonder how Gesink will handle the Giro-Tour double(if this is the plan), history has taught us it isn't exactly the best preparation. :p

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Very good news, finally ;)

Hey Nibbles...

images

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Very good news, finally ;)

Hey Nibbles...

You will get the Nibali Gesink battle you always wanted

I cant wait, will be a bloodbath (im talking about the Nibali vs Gesink fan threads on here :D )

And Ryo explaining why they are both the most overated pathetic stupid, weak etc cyclists in history who only lucked out immensely to get such a weak field.

Pentacycle said:
Brajkovic :confused: thought I heard he was Nibali's super domestique.
I've never seen Brajkovic ride like Kruijswijk in the final week of the Giro 2011.

Or maybe that 1 Dauphine...and yeah he finished 10th in the Tour last year which was awesome (it really was good!). But he didn't climb like Kruijswijk in that final week of giro 11

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Froome at the Giro:confused:

the guy has made clear he would rather be a bottle carrier at the Tour. The rain and cold of the corsa rosa would make it an incredibly stupid way to waste his season.
Maybe he'll be forced to ride the Giro.
Besides bad weather, the route looks good for him.

The Hitch said:
You will get the Nibali Gesink battle you always wanted

I cant wait, will be a bloodbath (im talking about the Nibali vs Gesink fan threads on here :D )

And Ryo explaining why they are both the most overated pathetic stupid, weak etc cyclists in history who only lucked out immensely to get such a weak field.
There will probably be some Colombians at the start line, so Ryo will bite his own a$$ if he says that ;)

There have been some Nibali-Gesink battles before, always resulting in an epic Gesink crash, so I'm not holding my breath.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
I've never seen Brajkovic ride like Kruijswijk in the final week of the Giro 2011.

Or maybe that 1 Dauphine...and yeah he finished 10th in the Tour last year which was awesome (it really was good!). But he didn't climb like Kruijswijk in that final week of giro 11

Still better in the Tour than Kruijswijk, both crashed and Jani did much better. Some experts(read it in some magazine) were saying Kruijswijk was still recovering from Giro-Vuelta in 2011 this year. Rabobank has really pushed this guy to his limits. He's imho nothing more than a super domestique with reasonable climbing and good recovery.

theyoungest said:
There will probably be some Colombians at the start line, so Ryo will bite his own a$$ if he says that ;)

They will all be dismissed as having to work for someone else (the ds's of said teams will be denounced as idiots who ruin cycling)

If perchance a Colombiano gets to lead a team, they will be excused for being "very sick the last 2 weeks" and their results will be highlighted as above everyones expectations considering the illness , which will prove that they would have won easily without it.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Vincenzo Nibali, Joaquin Rodriguez, Robert Gesink, Sammy Sanchez, Ryder Hesjedal, Ivan Basso, Michele Scarponi, Domenico Pozzovivo, Franco Pellizotti, plus whichever Colombians show up. Gotta admit, the Giro fields is looking strong, should be a great race! :D

Also really glad the management of Blanco-Bank finally wised up and decided to send their best GC guy to a race where he could actually do well in.

TRENDING THREADS