• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2015 Milan - San Remo?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win 2015 Milano - San Remo?

• Greg Van Avermaet

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • John Degenkolb

Votes: 15 7.2%
  • Mark Cavendish

Votes: 18 8.6%
  • Fabian Cancellara

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Zdenek Stybar

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Arnaud Demare

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Juan Jose Lobato

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Alexander Kristoff

Votes: 48 23.0%
  • Other ...

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

postmanhat said:

Kristoff had only Paolini, and he dropped him in the last km, there was no leadout, and Swift had Puccio, from what I remember. Swift hold Cancellara's wheel, and he was around 7-8 position coming to a sprint, and also Lobato was little blocked by Cancellara, allowing Swift to get third

Mr.White said:
Kristoff had only Paolini, and he dropped him in the last km, there was no leadout, and Swift had Puccio, from what I remember. Swift hold Cancellara's wheel, and he was around 7-8 position coming to a sprint, and also Lobato was little blocked by Cancellara, allowing Swift to get third

Kristoff did not drop Paolini. Paolini led under the 1km banner, Gilbert took up the front after the jink in the road and pretty much led out Kristoff (with GVA making an attack down the right) until Cav and Modolo jumped too early, Kristoff took Modolo's wheel and beat their fading legs with a well timed kick.

But don't take my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQ20CtbtFg

Yeah you're probably right - the team is only as good as the leader. If Sky and others can force a selection on the final climb so that Swift finds himself in a select group with, for example, Sagan, Canc and Matthews, he might have half a chance. Tough ask though to leave most of the really fast guys behind.[/quote]

From what I remember of last year, Kristoff had a textbook leadout from two team-mates. Swift started about 10 places back and had to dodge round to get third, beating Sagan, Lobato, Cavendish etc. Maybe it was a one-off, or maybe he handles the climbs and distance better than most other sprinters?

With the finish so close to The Poggio, it could come down to descending skills, so he might lose out there.[/quote]

Kristoff had only Paolini, and he dropped him in the last km, there was no leadout, and Swift had Puccio, from what I remember. Swift hold Cancellara's wheel, and he was around 7-8 position coming to a sprint, and also Lobato was little blocked by Cancellara, allowing Swift to get third[/quote]

I meant to put a caveat that I could be wrong! Will have to watch it again to jog my memory. Cheers

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

King Boonen said:
[Mr.White[/url]"]

Kristoff did not drop Paolini. Paolini led under the 1km banner, Gilbert took up the front after the jink in the road and pretty much led out Kristoff (with GVA making an attack down the right) until Cav and Modolo jumped too early, Kristoff took Modolo's wheel and beat their fading legs with a well timed kick.

But don't take my word for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUQ20CtbtFg[/quote]

That's what I meant, Paolini dropped Kristoff after a 1km banner

If I were a betting man looking for a long-shot, I'd throw a few bucks down on Navardauskas (sp?).
He's a fantastic rider who always seems to fly under the radar. Also, his team has had a poor start to the season, so they should be extra motivated. All they need to do is protect him for 300 km while letting everyone else do all the work, then unleash him with 200 metres to go in a bunch sprint. Done and done.

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Can honestly say that i really have no clue who will win today.

Usually i have a feeling about certain riders, but today there is a case to be made for about a dozen riders.
Just hope its a decent break with strong attacks coming from the Cipressa onwards. Hopefully it will be a small group coming to the line rather than a reduced bunch sprint.

Hopefully a Bardiani suicide attack will bear fruition on the Poggio :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
I can't see the poll results and even though I can vote repeatedly, it doesn't seem to actually register my vote. Anyone else have this problem?

anyway, I'm thinking degenkolb

I marvel at my incredible powers of prediction. Should bet the house next time