• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España Who Will Win La Vuelta 2022-First Rest Day Poll

Who will win La Vuelta?

• Remco Evenepoel

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • Primoz Roglic

Votes: 65 45.1%
  • Richard Carapaz

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Jai Hindley

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • Simon Yates

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Joao Almieda

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Sergio Higuita

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Ben O’Connor

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other/Vino

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
We still have to be very, very cautious about Primoz. Obviously, I‘m a huge fan of him, y‘all know that. I‘d wish he wins Vueltas 2022 and 2023, to get this record.

But, for 2022: I cannot imagine Primoz has the same shape, or an even better shape, than he had in 2021‘s Vuelta. If his injuries from the Tour and his prep for the Vuelta were what they told us to be, he cannot be in great shape. And: you do not win a GT with 95-97% of your best shape. That is not possible, not even for Primoz.

Primoz, however, has few opponents in this 2022 Vuelta which have 100% top shape. And I would be very surprised if Primoz could beat these guys.

If Hindley, for example, should have the shape from Giro 2022 also in Vuelta‘s mountains, it‘s game over for Primoz’ Vuelta hopes this year.

I believe Vuelta 2022 GC victory will be decided between Hindley, Carapaz and Simon Yates.