• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Milano-Sanremo 2024?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Milano-Sanremo 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mads Pedersen usually finds a way to get dropped by one or more riders on the hardest climbs in one-day races, so I'm not overly confident on his behalf. Maybe he'll have a better shot if it's wet and cold, but then Pogi will obviously be a bigger favourite, unless the heat training has made him more vulnerable in those conditions.

Pogacar got 4th after just barely not managing to gap VdP in Flanders 2022 then won outright the next year.

Pogacar got 4th after being dropped by VdP in MSR 2023 then ______ in 2024.

My guess is Pogacar still won’t be strong enough given he actually got dropped and also had several riders with him in 2023, so even if he has improved a win is unlikely.

His best chance is dynamics playing out in a way where he doesn’t have to do the attacking on Poggio and saves 2% energy to make a final attack at the top, just like VdP did last year. But that is unlikely, so I go with VdP winning again.

Reactions: Barkintheeye
Mads Pedersen usually finds a way to get dropped by one or more riders on the hardest climbs in one-day races, so I'm not overly confident on his behalf. Maybe he'll have a better shot if it's wet and cold, but then Pogi will obviously be a bigger favourite, unless the heat training has made him more vulnerable in those conditions.
Yeah, I think if uae drill it on the previous climb and then pog goes all out on the poggio I'm not sure pedersen hangs on, very will IMHO.

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
Kooij also survived that first stage of P-N and beat Pedersen in the sprint. If Pog and MvdP start looking to each other and don't ride Poggio as fast as possible, I wouldn't rule him out.
Unfortunately for Kooij, neither Pog nor Mathieu is gonna sit up. Maybe if a bigger group can hold on to their wheels, but I don’t see it happening.