• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Milano-Sanremo 2024?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Milano-Sanremo 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pretty amusing reading all the predictions here.
It's MSR. Anything can (and will) happen. If there's one race I would never put any money on it's this one.
I'm just gonna enjoy the scenery, the Mediterranean sea shimmering in the distance. The dilapidated green houses along the coast. Ah.. spring has finally started come saturday!

MVDP will win. I don't think this is hard enough for Pogi to drop him, we saw last year Pogi was so far away from dropping him the VDP dropped Pogi and no way he can outsprint him. But Pogi being there will actually help MVDP as he will drop most of the others. The danger for VDP is he is isolated in the finale and a Jasper Stuyven attack gets away like in 2021. But with Pogi there the group will be too small for that to be a concern as he could chase down all the moves. Pedersen may be up to outsprinting him but I reckon Pogi will get rid of him too

If Pogacar ever wants to win MS he'll have to pretend to be out of shape, like MvdP did last year. Just get dropped on a climb in the Tirreno or something.

Now he has the disadvantage that the media are always hyping him as a favorite, so everybody will hang on his wheel. The Poggio just isn't steep enough to drop everybody.

MvdP is the obvious favorite, but Mads Pedersen has a realistic chance as well. He can handle the Poggio, has an experienced team around him, and has the sprint to finish it off.

Reactions: Krzysztof_O
If Pogacar ever wants to win MS he'll have to pretend to be out of shape, like MvdP did last year. Just get dropped on a climb in the Tirreno or something.

Now he has the disadvantage that the media are always hyping him as a favorite, so everybody will hang on his wheel. The Poggio just isn't steep enough to drop everybody.

MvdP is the obvious favorite, but Mads Pedersen has a realistic chance as well. He can handle the Poggio, has an experienced team around him, and has the sprint to finish it off.
That should never work for Pogacar

Reactions: proffate