• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 Giro? Final poll

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

?

• other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 28, 2012
Visit site
staubsauger said:
I got the feeling that Vini Fantini has to much potentially captains within the squad. Garzelli will go for the KOM, but so will Rabotini. Or will Rabotini try to go for the gc together with Mauro? Still what's the role of Di Luca in the team?

That won't require that much domestique work, it's better to have more guys targeting KoM points than just one.

Santa could probably be the only GC man, but stage wins should be the priority.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
the best jerseys around! _O_

02-garzelli.jpg

Fixed if for you. ;)
One of my favorite teams, they'll take more than a few stages I predict. Hoping we get another epic ride from Rabottini as well.

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking we will see a very different Wiggins - Nibali matchup this time around. Nibali seems to be in great shape, on mountains that suit him better, so I think he will do much much better than in the TDF.

Hesjedal I think may be the surprise. I think he's got some fire in his belly.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
As long as it's close and there's some excitement involved, I don't really have any strong preference as to the winner.

Other than maybe Hesjedal doing a repeat.

Vino attacks everyone said:
I would actually think Rujano could be a top 5 contender this year (as long as there wont be any rain or bad weather :p)
He looks to get in sjape quite nicely.
Also think Kash will top 15, how he had a mecanichal, then had to wait for Seeldrayers, and STILL lost less to the winner of the stage than what Wiggo did a week earlier after his mechanical shows an extrodinary form!! :D
I predict Henao will be podium if he does a good TT, does not get sick, or have a bad day, or does not slip the pedal off in the sprint and if Wiggins fails in the Mountains.

I did not know making predictions was so easy!

Don't mock my predictions :eek:
I like RUjano, and I want kash to climb and tt with the best again, is that to much to ask? :p
Yes. It is.

Putting hopes on Rujano is just going to give you dissapointments.

Same with Duarte. I like Duarte a lot, but puting hopes on him is kind of worthless. You never know when he is going to perform well.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't mock my predictions :eek:
I like RUjano, and I want kash to climb and tt with the best again, is that to much to ask? :p

rujano can climb. but podium? naaa... majka has a better chance to podium than rujano.:p

gustienordic said:
I'm thinking we will see a very different Wiggins - Nibali matchup this time around. Nibali seems to be in great shape, on mountains that suit him better, so I think he will do much much better than in the TDF.

Hesjedal I think may be the surprise. I think he's got some fire in his belly.

Why surprise ? He won the race last year.

Escarabajo said:
Yes. It is.

Putting hopes on Rujano is just going to give you dissapointments.

Same with Duarte. I like Duarte a lot, but puting hopes on him is kind of worthless. You never know when he is going to perform well.

I don't see any of the South Americans making it on the podium this year but from what we have seen lately, it would not surprise in the future. As for Rujano, I think his recent record speaks for itself.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately, wiggin seems to have the better chances because he is superior with his fitness. Nibali if he isn't fading in the 3 week. Hesjedal, still need to be proven that his win last yeas wasn't a fluke (sorry). Evan, Basso.. too old and haven't seen any glimpse of form from them. I was hoping some one outside this contender will mix thing up. But I hope I was wrong about what I just said. And I can't wait for Giro to start.

Jelantik said:
unfortunately, wiggin seems to have the better chances because he is superior with his fitness. Nibali if he isn't fading in the 3 week. Hesjedal, still need to be proven that his win last yeas wasn't a fluke (sorry). Evan, Basso.. too old and haven't seen any glimpse of form from them. I was hoping some one outside this contender will mix thing up. But I hope I was wrong about what I just said. And I can't wait for Giro to start.

There are not many flukes in grand tours. Hesjedal has looked very good in the Ardennes races. Nibali and Wiggins were not in the Giro last year so he will have to do at least as well as last year plus some.

Vincenzo Nibali was riding in my group at the front of a Granfondo as a training ride with his teammate Valerio Agnoli who is from Fiuggi, where the race began. Nibali and Agnoli are staying at altitude above Fiuggi in preparation for the Giro, since Nibali's wife is from there (they met because Nibali and Agnoli are good friends). I actually spoke with him, Nibali, briefly while we were cruising along on one of the only flat spots on the 130K (80 mile) course. What did I say? Naturally best of luck at the Giro. He's known as "the Shark of Messina." Now I know why. He doesn't have a muscle or any fat that's not in function of peddling a bike and, I dare say, he doesn't seem to be peddling, but swimming. Weird. The Giro starts next week, so it was interesting to see one of the best bike racers in the world at near maximum form. He will fly in the race. You heard it first here.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
rhubroma said:
Vincenzo Nibali was riding in my group at the front of a Granfondo as a training ride with his teammate Valerio Agnoli who is from Fiuggi, where the race began. Nibali and Agnoli are staying at altitude above Fiuggi in preparation for the Giro, since Nibali's wife is from there (they met because Nibali and Agnoli are good friends). I actually spoke with him, Nibali, briefly while we were cruising along on one of the only flat spots on the 130K (80 mile) course. What did I say? Naturally best of luck at the Giro. He's known as "the Shark of Messina." Now I know why. He doesn't have a muscle or any fat that's not in function of peddling a bike and, I dare say, he doesn't seem to be peddling, but swimming. Weird. The Giro starts next week, so it was interesting to see one of the best bike racers in the world at near maximum form. He will fly in the race. You heard it first here.

I hope you are right. It would be great battle in store for the giro. Can't wait

May 19, 2011
Visit site
rhubroma said:

Thanks for sharing, u must be a good bike rider yourself:D

rhubroma said:

I am a very jealous man right now :p Did he push it a bit at some point and showed every1 what a bunch of fat freds they were? :cool:

May 11, 2009
Visit site
hayzer114 said:
On current form and the fact that Wiggins has done very little not to mention not winning a race so far this year in comparison to his tour form last year I have voted for Nibali.

Wiggins won Criterium du Dauphine this year

May 11, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
Unless Wiggins time travelled his way into next june to win the dauphine this year, i highly doubt he has achieved it already ;)

I stand corrected.
I googled Wiggins 2013 results and it took me to a Sky team website for 2012.

TRENDING THREADS