• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round)

Who will win the 2013 GIRO?

• Other/Vino

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Lo Squalo to win it, Samu and Purito to round out the podium (no particular order for 2nd and 3rd).

theyoungest said:
Wiggo. If he stays off the booze.

The people who think that Nibali will be any competition to him need to rewatch the Tour.

Different team, different parcours, different climbs, different competition, different level of motivation. Just because Wiggo beat Nibali on a course custom made for him doesn't necessarily mean he can do it again in a completely different race.

cineteq said:
Finally!
Surprisingly voted for...Vincenzo.

Not happy with a couple of choices, a colombian and FFS Scarponi?
And Quintana not there? :eek:
I thought Ryo told us Quintana is not going.
And Scarponi, well, he's just as embarassing as Basso but I wanted to put more than just one italian in the poll :eek:

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Finally!
Surprisingly voted for...Vincenzo.

Not happy with a couple of choices, a colombian and FFS Scarponi?
And Quintana not there? :eek:

Eshnar said:
I thought Ryo told us Quintana is not going.
And Scarponi, well, he's just as embarassing as Basso but I wanted to put more than just one italian in the poll :eek:

Quintana is doing the Tour.

The Hitch said:
Yes he is, option 9.

Though his programme has already been announced and its Tour Vuelta.
Thanks. I guess Henao/Uran combo is option 9 :eek:

Poor guys, for some posters and Sky, they're always the mules, the donkeys, the columbians...but never mentioned by their names. No much respect for them.

PS: Not talking about you or the OP.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Wiggo. If he stays off the booze.

The people who think that Nibali will be any competition to him need to rewatch the Tour.

Nibali was ill during the last week of the Tour, not at his best. Giro is also a different race to the Tour and will suit Nibali better.

My tip is Rodriguez.

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Nibali was ill during the last week of the Tour, not at his best. Giro is also a different race to the Tour and will suit Nibali better.

My tip is Rodriguez.

I've got a feeling that Purito is nearly ready to win a GT and the Giro might be it.

But I can't see your logic on Nibali.

Like Wiggo himself, Nibali is one of those riders who just has to hang in there when the true mountain goats pile on the pressure, but unlike Wiggo, Nibali is rubbish at pacing himself and riding to a schedule.

Nibali will have team support, but certainly no more team support than Wiggo ... probably less in quality and quantity.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Tei6chai said:
Nibali will have team support, but certainly no more team support than Wiggo ... probably less in quality and quantity.

Quantity? Is Astana not allowed to have 9 riders on their team?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Wiggins with provocative ease. I fear he will scatter opponents as Indurain on La Plagne. Soft pedaling, 53 gear, winsome smile and... the rivals will be overthrown on the way to Trecime Di Lavaredo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS