• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the 2013 GIRO? (Second round)

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 GIRO?

• Other/Vino

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
staubsauger said:
I thought that Aquarone asked the Africans to take part at the giro, but they didn't wan to do so?

Anyway, I go for
Vini Fantini
Bardiani
Colombia

as I see Katjoesja getting a wildcard at the Tour instead of Colombia then and Purito will stay.

correct

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
how heavy do you think wiggins is now? :rolleyes:

The weight I mentioned was probably wrong because that Rabo trainer always messes up, so deriving other data from the tests isn't very useful. And I always thought Gesink was anorectic and all skin and bone, guess I was wrong about that. :eek:

Wiggins is probably 75+ kgs now, but he's listed as 69 kgs racing weight. But swimming will shed the unnecessary pounds as usual, we don't have to worry about it. :rolleyes:

Pentacycle said:
The weight I mentioned was probably wrong because that Rabo trainer always messes up, so deriving other data from the tests isn't very useful. And I always thought Gesink was anorectic and all skin and bone, guess I was wrong about that. :eek:

Wiggins is probably 75+ kgs now, but he's listed as 69 kgs racing weight. But swimming will shed the unnecessary pounds as usual, we don't have to worry about it. :rolleyes:
Don't blame your own stupid comment on the trainer. Gesink is somewhere around 73 kgs at this time, perfectly normal.

He is indeed skin and bones, his normal racing weight is probably somewhere around 69 kgs, which is very skinny for someone approaching 1,90 m. In fact, he's pretty comparable to Wiggins and Hesjedal in that regard: none of them a real natural climber.

But of course they don't go around all year at their ideal racing weight, that isn't healthy.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

Wiggins doesn't do any swimming. Merely have a swimming coach suffices.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Pentacycle said:

you think 190 and 73 kg isn't anorect and all skin and bones? :eek:

and no he is 73 kg right now, which is perfectly normal, riders easily gain up to 5 or more kg during off season, or in pieri's case 15 kg

May 28, 2012
Visit site
will10 said:
Wiggins doesn't do any swimming. Merely have a swimming coach suffices.

Still swimming burns fat and it's good training for the entire body, a very good work-out for the off-season. The swimming coach might have recommended it.

Gesink. For what it's worth. I am sadly no longer convinced that Nibali's got what it takes (although I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong) and I'm not sure that Wiggins will reproduce last year's form or have the same appetite.

Sanchez will liven things up and I'm looking forward to watching him, but I don't see him on the podium somehow this year.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
you think 190 and 73 kg isn't anorect and all skin and bones? :eek:

and no he is 73 kg right now, which is perfectly normal, riders easily gain up to 5 or more kg during off season, or in pieri's case 15 kg

No actually I am 190cm and used to be only 70kg for a few years, now I'm skinny for sure, but nothing unhealthy. (I'm almost 75kg now :p) BMI is just fine for 190cm and 70kg.

Swabian Lass said:
Gesink. For what it's worth. I am sadly no longer convinced that Nibali's got what it takes (although I'd be delighted for him to prove me wrong) and I'm not sure that Wiggins will reproduce last year's form or have the same appetite.

Sanchez will liven things up and I'm looking forward to watching him, but I don't see him on the podium somehow this year.
Is he becoming now a trash talker? :D Do you mind posting the source of his comments?

theyoungest said:
Maybe you should reread her post you reacted to... you're not making sense.

Parrulo said:
indeed the only person making no sense here is cineteq. . . lass didn't quote any1 nor mention any trash talk. . .
Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

PS: Parrulo I'm still waiting for your belated apology. I'm sitting. :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
Maybe she should stop speculating, and learn how to convey information properly to avoid misunderstandings. Obviously, I wasn't the only one who thought the same thing. (see Dazed and Confused's comment).

What are you talking about? :confused: She wasn't trying to convey any new information, she was just giving her opinion. Plus most of this thread is speculation.

cineteq said:

Well, from my side the only thing disappointing is the lack of Gesink actually trash taking a couple of other riders. Would have started the season on the right note.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
Swabian Lass said:

I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.

Alphabet said:
I think Nibali is better overall than Gesink, he has more experience at GT's as well. Considering Gesink has never podiumed at a GT and is only 2 years younger than Nibali, there really isn't too much at this stage that suggest Gesink will have a better Giro than Nibali.

Of course, we'll get a clearer indication once the season starts, but for now I think it's a big call to say that Gesink is more likely to win than Nibali.
When they went head to head in Tirreno, Pais Vasco, Dauphiné, Gesink beat Nibali every time... and not because Nibali had bad form or something. But yeah, it's hard to argue against Nibali being the better GT rider, although luck certainly hasn't been on Gesink's side.

cineteq said:

She used a full stop, where you read a colon. That's it. Maybe you need to learn how to read propery to avoid misunderstandings ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS