• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Giro?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who wins the Maglia Rosa?

• Chaves

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Dumoulin

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nibali

Votes: 41 36.0%
  • Pozzovivo

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Landa

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Zakarin

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Valverde

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • Uran

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Majka

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Red Rick said:
Remember the Angliru 2013? Nibali will win or go down swinging.

The scenario we have now is perfect for action. The guy in 2nd has the best team, and he doesn't give a crap about 2nd place.

I hope Kruijswijk is not Horner, the same story again would be too much. Grinta and all are great but winning is what it's all about.

Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
Red Rick said:
Remember the Angliru 2013? Nibali will win or go down swinging.

The scenario we have now is perfect for action. The guy in 2nd has the best team, and he doesn't give a crap about 2nd place.

I hope Kruijswijk is not Horner, the same story again would be too much. Grinta and all are great but winning is what it's all about.

Most important, is that it's not the Angliru where it has to happen. There's tactical options, there's a medium mountain stage or two, and Horner was dropping him like all week then. This looks like a better racing prospect.

Then you have Valverde who may be looking to try something, you have Zakarin who may be looking to attack.

Escarabajo said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Nibali still has to show more.
Not really. At this pace he just have to follow wheels and wait for Valverde to crack in one of the mountains like he usually has.

Having said that it is not Nibali's nature. If he feels good he will attack. That is a given. He is the main favorite now.
I miss-used the word "crack". Valverde didn't crack today, he just lost time to better climbers!

Escarabajo said:
Escarabajo said:
CheckMyPecs said:
Nibali still has to show more.
Not really. At this pace he just have to follow wheels and wait for Valverde to crack in one of the mountains like he usually has.

Having said that it is not Nibali's nature. If he feels good he will attack. That is a given. He is the main favorite now.
I miss-used the word "crack". Valverde didn't crack today, he just lost time to better climbers!

Are you seriously using something that happened later to try to claim your statements about the past were right? :confused:

He hadn't cracked in years. He did today. That doesn't change anything about our discussion above: that this hadn't happened in years.

And that's assuming today was an isolated incident. If he continues to get dropped like this for the rest of the season, then he's simply past it and this is his new level, as already seemed the case in Liége and Tirreno

Again he did not crack today. I am being serious. I miss used the word and I explained later that I didn't use it in the same context as you did. He managed his losses. But what happened today (whatever you want to call it) happens to him quite often. And I don't have time to go find the little details. I just go off my memory of watching a lot of cycling videos. This is typical of him. It happened again. :)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Imputed Chaves odds of about 15 prior to today. No idea what they actually were.

kp0SgaM.png

May 19, 2016
Visit site
It will be interesting to see how the time trial goes today. I think Nibali should be able to gain some seconds back on Kruijswijk If he can do this he will put himself back in the pole position again as I think he has Chavito covered but really needs to keep an eye on Kruijswijk

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
well I put 7 euro's on him on unibet when his odds were still 51-1 just in case

How much is it now?

Damn i would have done more than that. I don't know when you did it but he already looked amazing in the first week. Wasn't a bad gamble

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

hrotha said:
Hgriffiths2606 said:
I think this just amplifies how unlucky Landa was to go out because he'd be tearing this apart if he was half-sober never mind on top form
Maybe, maybe not. He had shown weakness.

It's the maybe that sucks. Could nibali have followed froome and contador in that tour? Maybe and so on...It sucks :(

If Landa was on that giro shape i think the winner would be clear by now.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Singer01 said:
Laplaz said:
Hmm... it' getting difficult. But when i have to say one i would say Kruuiswijk.

i was looking at his odds last week (80-1) thinking that it was ridiculous, but work was really busy and i never got around to sticking anything on him. i'll be so p155ed if he wins the whole thing.

You can be pissed even if he doesn't win the whole thing. There is limited liquidity, but had you backed Chaves at those odds you could now lock in a profit by betting against him at odds of about 1 to 7-8

Provided there is sufficient liquidity, the ability to predict future odds movements for an event is as useful as the ability to predict the outcome of the event itself.