• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Tour 2013 - Wiggins or Contador?

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Anyway best climbers are

1 The Great One
2 Andy Schleck
Gap
3 Chris froome.
Gap
4 Purito
5 Samuel Sanchez
6 Cadel Evans
7 Wiggins
8 Scarponi
9 Quintana
10 Jj Cobo
11 Frank Schleck.

FS should be higher, SS a bit lower and Nibali should be in top 10.

And worst thing of all you forgot to add "gap" between the Great One and AS, what a disgrace :(

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
It was just this year that Basso dropped from the list of top climbers. Who knows which Igor Anton shows up, but on a good day he is a top climber. Rujano is a top climber when his head is in the game.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Zoncolan was a climb nibali dealt with very well last year. Probably his best performance other than nvegal.

Anyway best climbers are

1 The Great One
2 Andy Schleck
Gap
3 Chris froome.
Gap
4 Purito
5 Samuel Sanchez
6 Cadel Evans
7 Wiggins
8 Scarponi
9 Quintana
10 Jj Cobo
11 Frank Schleck.

Do not agree with this list at all.
I might have missed he context of this list to, or at least I hope I did.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Parrulo said:
3ohcps.jpg

thank god, your arguments were so silly i couldn't even put a straight enough face to reply to them
Wiggins was brilliant this year,BUT next year Contador is going to show everyone who really is the best grand tour cyclist.

Wiggo is going to be in big big trouble.Enough said

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Jason_Mercier said:
Seems that i am saying Johnnie Walker will dominate the TDF next year. But not. Its Wiggins:D People says, the route of the TDF was designed for Wiggins, Nibali is not a real opponent, he hasnt demonstrated nothing versus climbers yet... How cineteq said me one time. "I love this excuses" :D As i said this reminds me the 99 year. What times

What's going on here?

A July poster in September?

The Hitch said:
Zoncolan was a climb nibali dealt with very well last year. Probably his best performance other than nvegal.

Anyway best climbers are

1 The Great One
2 Andy Schleck
Gap
3 Chris froome.
Gap
4 Purito
5 Samuel Sanchez
6 Cadel Evans
7 Wiggins
8 Scarponi
9 Quintana
10 Jj Cobo
11 Frank Schleck.

With Pinot coming into the Tour as a late replacement for another rider and considering the performance he put in, especially his stage win and his effort on the final mtf, with only Wiggins and Froome finishing ahead of him, he well deserving of an honorable mention.

Also Van Garderen showed he's capable of climbing with some of the best climbers in the world (at least the one's that were there at the Tour). Both he and Pinot have bright futures.

Quintana is my favorite though with Pinot a very close second among the young climbing prospects.

wiggo is clever enough to ride giro as primary goal. the organizers will put maybe a good route for him too
then ride for froomey as hard as he can in le tour.
the tour will be between alberto and chris.i doubt that andy can come back fast enough in the game

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
My climbers (not only pure climbers) are:
Contador
Gap
Froome
Gap
Wiggins
JRod
Nibali
Gap
Evans
Van Den Broeck
Samuel Sànchez
Gap
Hesjedal
Valverde

Andy Schleck?

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
I have been a fan of AC since 2007, my favourite rider since Indurain. For me this years tdf was one of the most boring to watch. There was none of the excitement you would get with Schleck/Contador. Wiggins is an amazing cyclist but he is no Contador.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Put him on the list is a rank of the past. I think he is the second climber more talented but he have wasted his talent and maybe wont be up at Alberto Contador level anymore. He dont improve while people like Wiggins or Purito are working for be better riders.

Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
Do not agree with this list at all.
I might have missed he context of this list to, or at least I hope I did.

Yeah i forgot gesink. Reason is i was skim thinking through recent grand tours and gesink wasn't contending in them.

On revision id have gesink in 8th or so nibali in 10th ahead of jj and hejsedal ahead of frank .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, they would have pushed 600 watts and got off the ground...

With such TT abilities and team, no realistic climbing tempo could have made Wiggins panic in this year's Tour. It's simple like an axiom. But there are still plenty people who like to underrate Sky. Strange thing is why almost all of them are fans of one rider. :)

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
airstream said:

With such TT abilities and team, no realistic climbing tempo could have made Wiggins panic in this year's Tour. It's simple like an axiom. But there are still plenty people who like to underrate Sky. Strange thing is why almost all of them are fans of one rider. :)

:D:D...I wonder which rider?:rolleyes:

airstream said:

Agreed! People here are crazy, Andy beating Wiggins?!:D Joke of the year right there. Wiggins would have 7 minutes on Andy in the time trials. And AC? Forget it, he would have been dropped by Froome time and time again if he raced in the Tour.

Get a grip people.

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Initially I thought Wiggo would have much stroger team than Contador, but seeing Saxo Bank Tinkoff at the Vuelta and add in CAS and Roche to that team and Contador will have strong support in the mountains at TdF next year.

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:

Wow. One person thinks like me:D Sky is underrated, will be a hard opponent for Contador the next year. A very hard opponent. And for that who thinks Wiggo will ride the Giro, Sky have signed Cataldo. Why? Because they want a leader for the Giro. So Dario probably will be the captain in Italy.

Fidolix

BANNED
Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Walkman said:
Agreed! People here are crazy, Andy beating Wiggins?!:D Joke of the year right there. Wiggins would have 7 minutes on Andy in the time trials. And AC? Forget it, he would have been dropped by Froome time and time again if he raced in the Tour.

Get a grip people.

Utterly BS all of it!!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Walkman said:

Get a grip people.

That was good for a lol. No use in trying to discuss with him, just enjoy it with a big :D

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Falken said:
Initially I thought Wiggo would have much stroger team than Contador, but seeing Saxo Bank Tinkoff at the Vuelta and add in CAS and Roche to that team and Contador will have strong support in the mountains at TdF next year.

You forget Kreuziger (prob) and other riders might come too.

Navarro is gone though.

TRENDING THREADS