• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who wins Giro 2014?

Who wins Giro 2014?

• Other/Rujano/Cisse De Greef

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
1st. Quintana
2nd. Purito.

3rd. Pozzovivio

Just because AG2R is ridicolously good this season, may as well suprise us here too :D

After the top two its clean open though, with Uran the slight favoruite.

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody tell me, why so many believes more in a Quintana victory, rather than Purito? Purito showed much better form in Catalunya.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
seabridge said:
Can somebody tell me, why so many believes more in a Quintana victory, rather than Purito? Purito showed much better form in Catalunya.

Because he finished 2nd in the Tour, in front of Purito. And everybody loves a pure climber like Quintana.

If you look at the third week in the Tour however, Purito and Quintana were almost as good in the Alps. And they both will arrive fresh at the Giro.

I think Quintana got a 55% chance, against 45% of Purito. It will be a good fight.

Arredondo said:
Because he finished 2nd in the Tour, in front of Purito. And everybody loves a pure climber like Quintana.

If you look at the third week in the Tour however, Purito and Quintana were almost as good in the Alps. And they both will arrive fresh at the Giro.

I think Quintana got a 55% chance, against 45% of Purito. It will be a good fight.

And what about Arredondo?

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
SafeBet said:
The one about Arredondo? Or the poll question?
About Arredondo I'm actually half serious. He's been very good so far this season and will likely be Trek best card for GC.

He said he will try to fight for stage wins, but i guess his result in Tirreno showed him he is capable of fighting for a good GC in stage races. He isn't less than his teammates Kiserlovski or Zoidl as ''GC man''

May 28, 2012
Visit site
This is partly wishful thinking, but I'm backing these guys.

Lombardia_2013_Daniel_Martin_og_Rafal_Majka.jpg

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Quintana
J-Rod

big gap

a bunch of riders like Uran, Scarponi, Pozzovivo, Basso, Evans, Cunego, Aru fighting for 3rd.

the likes of Hesjedal and Dan Martin will struggle to get top 10.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Nairito will dominate like Nibali 2013. No Porte just makes his domination more a sure thing. ;) looking forward to the mountain battles between him and purito.

Would also like to see Aru and Martin do well. And one last good performance by Evans in his swan song.