• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
leftover pie said:
easy answer this one:

562636-collingwood-premiership1.jpg

Collingwood Magpies
in today's paper: about 14 cronula sharks' players will probably be banned for doping. they will get six months if they confess, two years if not.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
gregod said:
her husband al joyner has denied it. but when asked directly about doping her sister-in-law's alleged doping, jackie joyner-kersee gave a non-denial denial.

Sorry a bit confused by the non-denial denial. Do you have a link?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Who would you most like to see get exposed or confess to being a doper?

I have a few answers.

i)All.
ii)The individual sports.
iii)None

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Chris Horner, because he's a rolling reminder of how big a joke drug testing in cycling is today. If we can't catch the obvious ones, what's the point in testing at all?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Australian Swimming.

All who have partaken, women and men alike. Which is almost all Olympic reps. And their handlers and coaches and preparatores and enablers and docs. the whole damn infrastructure.

Australian Swimming is just so damn holier than thou, too smug. Too self righteous and entitled. time the truth was told.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Red Dragon said:
Who needs confessions, when we have a fair idea who the dopers are (were) in any given sport.
most salient point.

I just mentioned self righteous swimmers. Now I raise that, with an answer to your rhetorical question.

The self righteous fan needs a confession.

I have managed to begin weening myself off this need for confession (of the athlete).

Because, at once we were (the collective fan) enablers and propagators of the myth and the illusion of soccer mom ideals.

very good point and pithy post RD

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
martinvickers said:
Sceptic. Take a step back and think, actually think, about what you just wrote.

That somehow it is BAD or STRANGE to WANT athletes to be clean.

Think about what that says about you.

Who in their right mind DOESN'T want everyone to be clean? Who in their right mind WANTS doping?

WE all know 100% clean is a pipe dream, of course, but surely anyone who actually, you know, gives a sh!t about sport would WANT it to be clean?

But as i said, that's the odd thing; there are some clinicians who it seems are emotionally invested in the destruction of sportspeople. They WANT there to be dopers. The buzz of the sneer seems to be more important to them than, you know, actual sport.

And then they question people who don't feel like that?

AS I said, very, very strange...
how about neither, wanting doping or clean status.

how about just the truth from the mouths of public people.

if ones belief is NOT NORMAL, can you concede that they would hope they are told the truth?

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Basecase said:
What a bu11sh1t thread .........................

akin to who do you hate most - actually an incitement to hatred. Surprised mods letting this falacy run .....

It most certainly was NOT supposed to be who do you hate the most thread.

I have only mentioned two people in this thread and I do not hate either of them.

However it also was supposed to be a thread about CYCLISTS, not every sport anyone can think of.

I am more than a little annoyed as to where this thread has been taken.

gregod said:
great answer! you win the internets! :D

mark spitz? as far as i know the only doping he did was marijuana.

her husband al joyner has denied it. but when asked directly about doping her sister-in-law's alleged doping, jackie joyner-kersee gave a non-denial denial.

Thanks for the reminder: Phelps.

Dave.

there have been many interesting posts on various sportspeople, facilitators and administrators members want to see outed as dopers, plus the sub discussions about the clinic over egging the pudding. However the OP did ask that the discussion not only focus on cycling but in fact look at retired cyclists rather than current:
Mad Elephant Man said:
...I am thinking more of past riders than those in the current peloton, I don't think we need another anti Sky thread...

Can we please try to refocus on this topic, and not veer off thread too far again.

cheers
bison

I'd like to see the riders who were well known cheats in the 90s who are currently riding the anti-Armstrong bandwagon despite being as dirty as he ever was.

Especially the guy who has made a career as having ridden with him, was dirty as anything yet was the first to turn against him when he was banned.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Basecase said:

akin to who do you hate most - actually an incitement to hatred. Surprised mods letting this falacy run .....

you are totally wrong and probably should read the thread you are criticizing before throwing your temper tantrum.

many people have said they like the people that they are naming. i have named several riders who i like, the exception being wiggins, who i do not hate. wanting honesty is not the same as inciting hatred.

also, look up the definition of falacy.

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Basecase said:

My dislike of dopers is only eclipsed by my love of clean athletes.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
It would be great to see a clearout of all the top dollar teflon dopers who've somehow flew under the radar for years. Menchov & Kloden are the first that spring to mind.

A big tennis positive would give their sport more credibility. And surely we're due a Jamaican sprinter getting busted?

Which CURRENT cyclist or sports figure would you like to confess or be busted?

Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Messi, Ronaldu, Rooney, Phelps, Thorpe, LeMond, Indurain, Wiggins, Contador, Crosby, Ovechkin, Bryant, Lebron, NFL and MLB stars, Bolt, Bjorndalen to name few...

TRENDING THREADS