Wiggins Discussion thread.

Page 215 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

elfed68 said:
ray j willings said:
I don't see how I am a troll. It's a thread about Wiggo and I am giving my point of view.
How can I sleep now. :D

I want him to win now,,,come on Brad you can do it.
I was agreeing with you.

Sorry , I should have been more clear . I was referring to the Sky -fan boy
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
elfed68 said:
ray j willings said:
I don't see how I am a troll. It's a thread about Wiggo and I am giving my point of view.
How can I sleep now. :D

I want him to win now,,,come on Brad you can do it.
I was agreeing with you.
feeding trolls positively or negatively leads to *** responses.
I promise I will stop feeding you ,,,,come on Brad :D
 
Mar 27, 2015
444
0
0
it doesn't make sense, you don't 1st time race test prototypes in biggest races of the season

stupid move imo
 
Re: Re:

Jspear said:
King Boonen said:
Rear suspension for Wiggins and Team Sky at Paris-Roubaix (and RvV?), will it help?
Ya I saw that. Very interesting....I know they said it doesn't, but I wonder if they'll lose a little power because of the suspension.
You'll lose power in a sprint, I don't see how you can't, but over the cobbles I'm sure it'll help. It's not a new thing to be fair, lots of bike have had suspension before, even front suspension which would cause even more power loss. Didn't seem to hurt this guys results:

 
Jul 17, 2012
5,303
0
0
Yeah, nowt wrong with suspension but I echo the worry that it's not race proven. Sure they have tested it to the nth degree but still risky using for the first time in a monument. If anything does go wrong they will be a lot of laughing and a lot of red faces. Also how do you measure comfort exactly? How much feeling is left in the old fella at the end of the race? Gooch inflammation?

Wiggins is looking strong and has clearly bulked up. Still think G will be Sky's principle weapon but in P-R you need lots of options. Wish Stannard was in better form.
 
Aug 4, 2011
3,647
0
0
Yep suspension, another expensive novelty bike for the fashion victims to waste money on.
If suspension really made a difference it would be the norm by now. It came and went because it had no real benefit.
 
I hate stuff like this SO SO SO much because you know they are going to do a bike change for a real bike at some point and pretend its not to get the best of both worlds. Its seems so unfair to me.

Still, Wigans is going to need all the help he can get in order to get another taste of that sweet sweet PR top 10.
 
Re:

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
I hate stuff like this SO SO SO much because you know they are going to do a bike change for a real bike at some point and pretend its not to get the best of both worlds. Its seems so unfair to me.

Still, Wigans is going to need all the help he can get in order to get another taste of that sweet sweet PR top 10.
you kidding, no?

not the first time riders race the brand new stuff for a few km and then change it for their trusted race bike, no?
remember when Cadel rode a yellow BMC Impec for the last stage in Paris but just until they entered the final circuit, then he changed to his normal race bike, and then he rode the Impec again DURING the tour d'honner after the stage ended? same thing.
follow the great race Roubaix is, and let the marketing stuff be forgotten.
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
I hate stuff like this SO SO SO much because you know they are going to do a bike change for a real bike at some point and pretend its not to get the best of both worlds. Its seems so unfair to me.

Still, Wigans is going to need all the help he can get in order to get another taste of that sweet sweet PR top 10.
you kidding, no?

not the first time riders race the brand new stuff for a few km and then change it for their trusted race bike, no?
remember when Cadel rode a yellow BMC Impec for the last stage in Paris but just until they entered the final circuit, then he changed to his normal race bike, and then he rode the Impec again DURING the tour d'honner after the stage ended? same thing.
follow the great race Roubaix is, and let the marketing stuff be forgotten.
Im referring more to riders who are relevant in the outcome of the race. The last stage of the tour for Cadel isn't really serious business its a champagne sipping and photo taking session. I mean more like switching bikes during a TT because one bike is better uphill. Its lame.
 
Re: Re:

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
pastronef said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
I hate stuff like this SO SO SO much because you know they are going to do a bike change for a real bike at some point and pretend its not to get the best of both worlds. Its seems so unfair to me.

Still, Wigans is going to need all the help he can get in order to get another taste of that sweet sweet PR top 10.
you kidding, no?

not the first time riders race the brand new stuff for a few km and then change it for their trusted race bike, no?
remember when Cadel rode a yellow BMC Impec for the last stage in Paris but just until they entered the final circuit, then he changed to his normal race bike, and then he rode the Impec again DURING the tour d'honner after the stage ended? same thing.
follow the great race Roubaix is, and let the marketing stuff be forgotten.
Im referring more to riders who are relevant in the outcome of the race. The last stage of the tour for Cadel isn't really serious business its a champagne sipping and photo taking session. I mean more like switching bikes during a TT because one bike is better uphill. Its lame.
why? if you have 10 km flat and last 5 uphill, it's obvious you change bike. it' s race, and your contenders do the same. until UCI forbids to change bike
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
pastronef said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
I hate stuff like this SO SO SO much because you know they are going to do a bike change for a real bike at some point and pretend its not to get the best of both worlds. Its seems so unfair to me.

Still, Wigans is going to need all the help he can get in order to get another taste of that sweet sweet PR top 10.
you kidding, no?

not the first time riders race the brand new stuff for a few km and then change it for their trusted race bike, no?
remember when Cadel rode a yellow BMC Impec for the last stage in Paris but just until they entered the final circuit, then he changed to his normal race bike, and then he rode the Impec again DURING the tour d'honner after the stage ended? same thing.
follow the great race Roubaix is, and let the marketing stuff be forgotten.
Im referring more to riders who are relevant in the outcome of the race. The last stage of the tour for Cadel isn't really serious business its a champagne sipping and photo taking session. I mean more like switching bikes during a TT because one bike is better uphill. Its lame.
why? if you have 10 km flat and last 5 uphill, it's obvious you change bike. it' s race, and your contenders do the same. until UCI forbids to change bike
Its just my preference I suppose. I would rather see part of the contest be choosing the best overall compromise, like F1 cars do when choosing downforce vs top speed, or softer tires with more stops to change.

Radically changing bikes in a race like PR just reeks of a desperate need to gain some outside advantage over stronger more skilled rivals.
 
Well you could argue in the case of Thomas that he could be the strongest and most skilled in the race, he finished 7th and 8th in PR and RVV last year and has taken his form to another level this year. Plus wont have to deal with Cancellara and Boonen.

Whilst I think Wiggins may struggle on Sunday (just my opinion) he should be right up there for PR and make the final selection with G like he did last year. From there who knows?
 
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Well you could argue in the case of Thomas that he could be the strongest and most skilled in the race, he finished 7th and 8th in PR and RVV last year and has taken his form to another level this year. Plus wont have to deal with Cancellara and Boonen.

Whilst I think Wiggins may struggle on Sunday (just my opinion) he should be right up there for PR and make the final selection with G like he did last year. From there who knows?
If he is in the final selection he'll have to solo. With his big engine it's something he could definitely pull off as long as he times it correctly.
 
Re: Re:

Does Wiggins' suspension bike have a picture of his own face on it too? :rolleyes:

King Boonen said:
Dedelou said:
didn't Duclos Lasalle win a 'century ago" with some sort of suspension and nearly 39 years old at the time ?
Rockshox Judys I think. Seemed to work for him.

Edit: Not Judys, Paris-Roubaix forks, the Judy predecessors it seems.
After D-L won quite a few teams started using them and Tchmil won in 1994 using them. That was the year of Museeuw's failure which put teams off.


Museeuw in front and two behind using Rockshox
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY