• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins Discussion thread.

Page 216 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I really enjoyed Wiggo's performance today. Showed his top bike handling skills by crashing. Then throwing half a tantrum by nearly getting angry with his new bike. Then gets back on a normal bike and looks unstable and struggles to get to his team mates . Then gets dropped. I Enjoyed it :D

ray j willings said:
I really enjoyed Wiggo's performance today. Showed his top bike handling skills by crashing. Then throwing half a tantrum by nearly getting angry with his new bike. Then gets back on a normal bike and looks unstable and struggles to get to his team mates . Then gets dropped. I Enjoyed it :D

Yes, it was all a bit of an anti climax really.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
elfed68 said:
ray j willings said:

Yes, it was all a bit of an anti climax really.

I do have a tinge of sympathy for Thomas.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
What I found weird is that Wiggins pointed out after his De Panne TT win that he wanted to be in the finale to help Thomas today, as it's in the last 20 km that a strong domestique can really make a difference. Then Sky proceeds to put their men on the front from a million km out and dump Thomas at the bottom of Oude Kwaremont, isolated and 30" behind the eventual winner. I suppose it didn't matter all that much since Thomas clearly didn't have the legs to win, but it wasn't a promising performance before Wiggins' attempt at PR. But who knows, maybe they finally learnt their lesson.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

goggalor said:
What I found weird is that Wiggins pointed out after his De Panne TT win that he wanted to be in the finale to help Thomas today, as it's in the last 20 km that a strong domestique can really make a difference. Then Sky proceeds to put their men on the front from a million km out and dump Thomas at the bottom of Oude Kwaremont, isolated and 30" behind the eventual winner. I suppose it didn't matter all that much since Thomas clearly didn't have the legs to win, but it wasn't a promising performance before Wiggins' attempt at PR. But who knows, maybe they finally learnt their lesson.

I agree , That's what I said on the "Sky dominate thread" Their priority should have been to make sure Thomas had a team mate with him in the latter stages. Instead they waste all their riders trying to dominate a race giving their opponents a easier ride. That's why I have some sympathy for Thomas.
Wiggins was really poor. He never rode first wheel when he got back to his team mates and just looked unstable climbing on the cobbles, it all looked a bit half ar$ed. I get the feeling that he just won't ride for his team-mates "Its all about Brad" I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the mix at PR. He will see himself as a real contender, Sky's main man and we will see a different attitude.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
ray j willings said:

Golden ..............

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
goggalor said:

I agree , That's what I said on the "Sky dominate thread" Their priority should have been to make sure Thomas had a team mate with him in the latter stages. Instead they waste all their riders trying to dominate a race giving their opponents a easier ride. That's why I have some sympathy for Thomas.
Wiggins was really poor. He never rode first wheel when he got back to his team mates and just looked unstable climbing on the cobbles, it all looked a bit half ar$ed. I get the feeling that he just won't ride for his team-mates "Its all about Brad" I wouldn't be surprised if he gets in the mix at PR. He will see himself as a real contender, Sky's main man and we will see a different attitude.

I think his team mates should let the *** ride PR on his own !. His attitude stinks, always has.

Re:

JRanton said:
Pathetic performance today. If any of Thomas, Rowe or Stannard ride for him next Sunday they need shooting.
Too much impredictibles when it comes to PR.. Sky has to ride to make sure some of it's strong guys are there when the real selection is made. I doubts any of them will worry about the others.. certainly Thomas does not need Wiggins help but more to be in better shape than he was today.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re:

TMP402 said:
If Wiggins wins at Roubaix then whoever has directed his training is a genius demi-god, because he sure as hell hasn't got any form or necessary experience in the last 350 days.

I agree with you. His star might be somewhat line up. So many guys with experience and power can't win PR with relatively more experience than him, so if he does.. yes his training planner should be call the 'classic god'.

Re: Re:

Carols said:
TourOfSardinia said:
Sour grapes? :confused: :(

Bradley Wiggins: I hated being the winner of the Tour de France.
... claims losing title to Chris Froome was a ‘monkey off my back’.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/apr/05/bradley-wiggins-hated-being-tour-de-france-winner

What a bloody egocentric A**rse. Bye, Bye Wiggo I sure as heck won't miss you!

I think if you read the whole thing it sounds different, that phrase has been slightly taken out of context.

Does anybody know if his performance yesterday was due to a leg injury or that he just couldn't be bothered?

Sir Bradley plotting new tactics for Roubaix :)

5fkjyv.jpg

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Does looks like he is limping a bit. When he gets on the bus at the end of the vid it looks like that but it could be just the way he walks in cleats. He looks alright on the bike. If he does have a injury it's minor women's whiplash as most :D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
(non-social) enjoyment derived from following sports can be broken down into interest in the competition itself, seeing your guy win and seeing the guy you don't like lose, for everyone. For me, the most important sources of entertainment are the first factor and the last. That's not particularly unusual though it does perhaps mark me as a somewhat negative individual.
-

Remarkably, the bookies actually have him as the second most likely rider to win PR behind only Kristoff. Hilarious. Must be the result of oh so many Brits backing Brad.

TRENDING THREADS