• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins in clean tour win shocker?

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Bradly wiggins has been exposed as a clean tour winner much to thge disapointment of cynical cycling fans

So i,ve read these forums for a few years now and i,ve finally been stung into action
The so called cycling experts on here twist and turn any information to try to prove there own view

However i think its blatently obvious that wiggins is clean , The way he rides is that of a clean rider
Why cant people just accept that the guy has worked hard and won the biggest crown in cycling

Oh and i,m not some blind fan i know all about the doping exploits of the past 1st hand

Give the guy his due
He won and he won clean

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
I think there's a chance Wiggins might be clean, but that's as far as I would go. Certainty is nonsense in this sport (until somone gets busted).

Nothing is ever certain in life my freind never mind cycling but as certain as certain can be he is a clean rider

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
LongSprint said:
How can you be so sure?

Through looking at the overall picture , speaking to people in the know :D
the type of person he is , his reaction to doping in the past
Lots of stuff , but generally his riding style is not the style of a doper

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
How would we ever know?

He doesn't ride like David Moncoutié, that's for sure.

In the world of cycling its difficult to give riders the benefit of doubt
But in this case after chatting to certain people face to face on this subject i,m 99% certain hes clean

At some point we have to get behind clean riders for the benefit of the future of the sport

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Geordieracer said:

What about the rest of the Sky team? Anyone's riding style suggest doping?

What riding style would suggest doping?

Geordieracer said:
Through looking at the overall picture , speaking to people in the know :D
the type of person he is , his reaction to doping in the past

yr. It's only similar to Miguel Indurain , Jan Ulrich, Levi Leipheimer, Andreas Kloden, Evgeni Berzin.:p

Geordieracer said:
But in this case after chatting to certain people face to face on this subject i,m 99% certain hes clean

At some point we have to get behind clean riders for the benefit of the future of the sport

The Lance Armstrong fans also said the same.

hrotha said:
I suppose the basis of these claims is the silly notion that you can only attack if you dope, and that following wheels = clean.

Yr. and he hasn't even bothered to look at doping cases of the 90s and 00s where Time trialling wheel suckers and Track Pursuiters who turned GC riders were caught for doping or were named by other sources.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Geordieracer said:
This thread is about Wiggins

this thread is about facepalms.

why would a clean rider like Wiggins seek the advice of a dirty doctor like Leinders?

why would a clean rider like Wiggins refuse Kimmage his previously agreed internship?

why would a clean rider like Wiggins explicitly support the biggest cheat in the history of the sport?

:eek:

May 26, 2010
Visit site
So Wiggins wins the cleanest Tour de France in history?

How doping positives this year so far! 2.

How many last year? 0*

So this year is the cleanest? Dont know how you figure that out!

If this years is the cleanest, why and why not Evans 2011 win?

*After the fifth stage, Alexandre Kolobnev tested positive for hydrochlorothiazide. When the news came out, he withdrew, and his results were annulled. In March 2012, the CAS decided that Kolobnev would only receive a warning for this, and no suspension, because his use of the drug was justified by 'medical reasons unrelated to performance'. All other doping tests were negative.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Most of the Friggins fanboyism is verbally indistinguishable form the Armstrong fanboyism, with the minor difference that English jingoism is substituted for US jingoism.

The Schleck fanboys were in the same dreamland until last week.

Geordieracer said:

I declare Alejandro Valverde to be clean. Like you I am certain of it. So to prove you are for clean cycling, why don't you join me and others in supporting Valverde and hence clean cycling. Like you say, it must be true because i declare him to be clean, same way wiggins we must all accept now is 100% clean because you said it.

TRENDING THREADS