• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wiggins Restricted

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Big GMaC said:
What exactly transpired there? Is that when they were having dinner and ended up getting arrested? I though DB forgave him and they remained friends?

They did, but i think the whole thing just reflects badly on the clean image (be it true or not) that sky are portraying. That was a fairly embarrasing moment for DB, head of british cycling present when rider gets busted for doping, not something he would put on his cv.

I think the later, be clean, or be seen to be clean interview has a bearing on that whole situation.

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
his final timetrial was mediocre, because he was not getting the blood transfusions and recovery dope, like insulin and IGF-1.

He will have that this year. He will be top 3.
I really doubt that he was referring to this when he said he felt restricted. He has a strong anti doping image and I don't think he would throw in obvious hints in an interview like that. ;)

Their treatment didn't match his ego is more likely.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
£4 million for Wiggins, sounds much like a pig in a poke...

Isn't that twice the entire budget of a team like Skil-Shimano, who have been trying to build a team from the bottom up?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
So garmin dope, but only before the race in training and then they hold off during? and sky are going to jump in with both feet so he will be better? Is that what people are saying? Am I to assume columbia do the same thing as they fade after the first week?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
So garmin dope, but only before the race in training and then they hold off during? and sky are going to jump in with both feet so he will be better? Is that what people are saying? Am I to assume columbia do the same thing as they fade after the first week?

yep. JV does not give his riders free reign to charge. They are more closely looked at with their paramaters. But their results say otherwise, and he has adopted a see no evil hear no evil policy for his A team. I would say the team is wholly clean besides the A team, who have a responsibility to get results.

Columbia are doing more I reckon, across the board.

But neither of these teams get their docs to hit their riders up with insulin and manage their transfusions. In fact, besides Bruyneel, there are few teams that still do this. I think even Riis has stopped doing it, tho the personal doctors of the Schlecks et al, might get access to the team's hotel.

You win a selective Protour race, you ain't clean.

zapata said:
I honestly can't see what he would hope to achieve by writing something like that. That Vaughters has incurred his wrath, and should watch his back? What can he do possibly about it?

Vaughters is soon to be the victim of a mad Twitter attack. Armstrong might even get his lapdog, Leipheimer, to join in. That is about all Armstrong can do these days.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Vaughters is soon to be the victim of a mad Twitter attack. Armstrong might even get his lapdog, Leipheimer, to join in. That is about all Armstrong can do these days.
Yeah, but there is something hypocritical about JV's actions. Seems like he has become, all that he criticized in cycling.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
blackcat said:
yep. JV does not give his riders free reign to charge. They are more closely looked at with their paramaters. But their results say otherwise, and he has adopted a see no evil hear no evil policy for his A team. I would say the team is wholly clean besides the A team, who have a responsibility to get results.

Columbia are doing more I reckon, across the board.

But neither of these teams get their docs to hit their riders up with insulin and manage their transfusions. In fact, besides Bruyneel, there are few teams that still do this. I think even Riis has stopped doing it, tho the personal doctors of the Schlecks et al, might get access to the team's hotel.

You win a selective Protour race, you ain't clean.

thanks. It seems a logical conclusion looking at armstrong vs wiggins blood values also.

You know what The Incredibles said about capes. It goes double for giant cravats.

15761_213776584872_194104484872_2954268_582378_n.jpg

A

Anonymous

You guys just dont understand style... ;) I think he looks dapper, DB on the other hand really needs to ditch the tank top

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
You guys just dont understand style... ;) I think he looks dapper, DB on the other hand really needs to ditch the tank top
dapper?

It is utterly artificial as an identity. Wiggins has co-opted a look, and this construct of Britannia, because he never had his own strong individual identity.

So he assumes such affectations.

Mod dress.

Archetupe British music, mostly older bands, not even the Britpop of Blur/Oasis.

Dropping names: Sir Paul.

Wiggins is risible in the extreme. Style is not dapper when it is artificial, or pulled straight from the pages of a GQ magazine. Style is about a manifestation of one's individual identity. I have yet to see Wigans have more than some facade and co-opted artifice, this artificial construct dwelling from his conception of Britishness.

I call that, "a ****er".

But he will do well in the 2010 Tour with a medical program like Armstrong and Cav. It pays to hav Max Sciandri in Tuscany with the ear of Cecchini!

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Does Wiggins really think being with another team would have propelled to the podium in last year's TdF? He's been trash-talking Garmin ever since they helped him to fourth in the tour. I don't blame Wiggins for wanting to join Sky, and I'd like to see Sky do well this year on the whole, but I hope someone from Wiggins' old team can top him in the tour.

TRENDING THREADS