• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wil Lance start the 2010 Tour de France?

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
It is Crunch Time people!

Now is the time for LeMond/Bordry/AFLD/NeedleGate/Novitsky to "blow Lance out of the water". Final two weeks pre-tour.....it is time....

Some clinic members predicted months and months ago that Lance would not start. Ravens was the first, I believe, way back when....

Many others have joined in the "Lance Will Not Start" club since then.

There is still PLENTY of time for Lance to get Banned.
This week or next....it is time for the fireworks to begin!

Will the "E-Mails" that were predicted to surface last week surface this week instead?

Or will the Gendarmes show up in the final seconds and yank Lance off the Proloque Start Ramp? Like the legendary prophet Zarquon?

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
He will not start.

Just my prediction that the upcoming fireworks and revelations will preclude his being able to don a race number.

Call me crazy but this is what I think.

A

Anonymous

If he starts, then i just hope he doesnt finish.

The boos in paris are going to be ten times worse than luxembourg. The wifes planning to throw her livestrong band at him, not because of the doping but because in her words "hes an arrogant knob". Personally I might throw a bikepure one at him

May 7, 2009
Visit site
My prediction, for what it is worth (which is probably nothing, admittedly) is that this whole thing will blow over and somehow just go away and that he will start, finish, and place top 10. I hope I’m wrong…

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
It is Crunch Time people!

Now is the time for LeMond/Bordry/AFLD/NeedleGate/Novitsky to "blow Lance out of the water". Final two weeks pre-tour.....it is time....

Some clinic members predicted months and months ago that Lance would not start. Ravens was the first, I believe, way back when....

Many others have joined in the "Lance Will Not Start" club since then.

There is still PLENTY of time for Lance to get Banned.
This week or next....it is time for the fireworks to begin!

Will the "E-Mails" that were predicted to surface last week surface this week instead?

Or will the Gendarmes show up in the final seconds and yank Lance off the Proloque Start Ramp? Like the legendary prophet Zarquon?

I'm sure I said it before ravens.... :rolleyes:

I want it to be so public and galling that even the diehards will see that it is not a 'french' conspiracy and he has been deceiving all of them. There will be no zealots like converts.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

The boos in paris are going to be ten times worse than luxembourg. The wifes planning to throw her livestrong band at him, not because of the doping but because in her words "hes an arrogant knob". Personally I might throw a bikepure one at him

Wow that is mature. Let's throw things at someone because they are arrogant.

A

Anonymous

Wait, so your whole "gotcha" moment is for people to predict something and be wrong about it. That is all you have?:rolleyes:

My deluded little troll Polish, surely you can bait a hook better than that? Weak sauce my friend, weak sauce.

A

Anonymous

goober said:
Wow that is mature. Let's throw things at someone because they are arrogant.

Well she doesnt want it anymore, and we are keen recyclers :D

Some clinic members LOL - Almost all clinic members. The brain trust here decided long ago he wouldn't start. Fantasy land is about to collide with reality once again. It looks as though the fat lady and her multitude of clowns will have to sit down and shut their mouths - AGAIN. Maybe some of the far out wackos can resurrect "Oh when the Feds come marching in" ditty for an 11th hour save.

Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times. . .

I'll settle for another 99,999 entertaining posts like we had last month from the inhabitants of wacko land to yet another discussion that was already solved by the rocket scientists weeks ago.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
From LA's twitter:

Pull up to the hotel and drug testers waiting. Two agencies as well! AFLD and the UCI. Nice communication guys.

Maybe he won't start the Tour. He doesn't appear to like this business of UCI testers working with other agencies WADA/AFLD. I hear there will be more of that to come at the race.

Maybe he's complaining about the communication because they didn't forewarn him they were coming???

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
From LA's twitter:

Maybe he won't start the Tour. He doesn't appear to like this business of UCI testers working with other agencies WADA/AFLD. I hear there will be more of that to come at the race.

Maybe he's complaining about the communication because they didn't forewarn him they were coming???

I think hes saying why didnt they communicate with each other and not turn up together.. needs to stop moaning.. and why should they communicate with each other. The afld probably dont trust the UCI not to warn lance they are coming.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
He will not start.

Just my prediction that the upcoming fireworks and revelations will preclude his being able to don a race number.

Call me crazy but this is what I think.

You could very well be right.
And like I said, there is still plenty of time for him to be banned.
History has shown these "things" happen at the last moment.

But those who said Lance will not start because "his heart is not in it" or that he will back out because of fitness issues have probably missed the mark.

But still time for him to be banned.
Or get sick with the squirts.

He will not officially start until the clock starts ticking on the prologue ramp.
2 weeks to go. Well, 12 days I guess....

A

Anonymous

SpeedWay said:
Some clinic members LOL - Almost all clinic members. The brain trust here decided long ago he wouldn't start. Fantasy land is about to collide with reality once again. It looks as though the fat lady and her multitude of clowns will have to sit down and shut their mouths - AGAIN. Maybe some of the far out wackos can resurrect "Oh when the Feds come marching in" ditty for an 11th hour save.

Close your eyes and tap your heels together three times. . .

I'll settle for another 99,999 entertaining posts like we had last month from the inhabitants of wacko land to yet another discussion that was already solved by the rocket scientists weeks ago.

Way to make a prediction yourself there Speed. Care to go out on a limb and venture a guess where he will finish (should he start)? That way you can come gloat like all of the people who said he would win last year? Oh wait, those guys didn't get a chance to gloat, did they?

I would suggest that, as with the prediction of anything, very few ever get it exactly right, some get close to right, some shoot the middle, some get it almost completely wrong, and few completely bomb it. Now, if we are to be judged by predictions, I would think none of us would do terribly well...unless you are in the mob and are betting on boxing...

A

Anonymous

Elagabalus said:
You guys are setting yourselves up for a big fall.

Not only will he start. He'll make podium as well. Just throwing out the worst case scenario!

Not really a worst case scenario.

That would be Contador falling on the cobbles and having to pull out, and Lance winning. Then again, I think I would survive that too. I might avoid the forum till around the end of August (because the place will be cleared of Armstrong groupies by then) because I don't want to hear the blather, but I would live. I would count it as a disappointment and move on.

I might care quite a bit about Mr Armstrong having to account for the wrongs he has done others, but the TdF is just a race. Really, its just a race.

May 8, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:

That will show him. Good work!

A

Anonymous

Beech Mtn said:
From LA's twitter:

For someone who donated $25,000...err, um....$100,000....well, somebody said $500,000 because of his principled stance against doping, Mr Whiney McDouchebag sure does love to tweet ever time he has to give blood.

Call me crazy, but maybe AFLD want to test for something extra? Then again, maybe they just like to think about him getting stuck by needles. I for one hope one of the people taking blood was as ham fisted as they come.

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
From LA's twitter:

That's the way I took it. It's all good, your Majesty, there may be a couple new names to make your dope protection payments to....

TRENDING THREADS