• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will ___ ever win a Grand Tour?

Will ____ ever win a grand tour?

• Kreuziger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
With a promising crew of younger riders coming through, have these guys missed their shot? Most of these guys have multiple podiums - okay VDB2 doesn't but he's just missed out a couple of times at the Tour. Same with Gesink but we had to have at least one Belgian and Dutchie in the mix. Just kind of threw Kreuziger in for the hell of it.

Select as many riders as you like.

*on the road, not in the courts.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Froome, J-rod, Gesink (I think he could do it, now that he has realized always going to the Tour is a mistake).
And of course Andy (got to stay true to my roots :D).
Would like to vote Samu, but he's getting old and I'm not sure if he still has what it takes to contend for the top step. Hopefully the Giro will give us some clues to that.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Froome Andy and Gesink.

To clarify

Chances

A Schleck 8/10
F Schleck 1/10
Froome 9/10
Scarponi* 2/10
Rodriguez 3/10
Samu Sanchez 3/10
VDB2 4/10
Gesink 7/10
Rujano 0/10
Kreuziger 3/10

4/10 for VDB2? :eek::eek:

Lol at rujano, just gotta wait for ryo.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Froome and Rodriguez certainly.
Froome, maybe, already this year. Rodriguez, probably, a Vuelta when he realizes the Tour is too difficult and refocuses back on the home tour.
And Andy, off course. But, at the moment, I can't say for sure.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Froome has an excellent shot, especially this year in the Tour.

Rodriguez still has a chance, but I think he really needs to focus on the Vuelta, or maybe the Giro, as those routes and the bonus seconds fit his style. If he doesn't win one by next year, I think his GT window is closed.

Afrank said:
Froome, J-rod, Gesink (I think he could do it, now that he has realized always going to the Tour is a mistake).
And of course Andy (got to stay true to my roots :D).
Would like to vote Samu, but he's getting old and I'm not sure if he still has what it takes to contend for the top step. Hopefully the Giro will give us some clues to that.

Gesink.
Not convinced he is not a Tour man after this year. He needed to enter the Giro this year because of sponsors or rather lack of. Once on a more stable footing I can see him going back to focus on the tour. We sill see.

cineteq said:
How about Tejay?

He would be one of the up and coming riders mentioned in the question. Tejay, Pinot, Rolland and a number of others are coming and will hit the top level soon. The question is when they reach that level who will get pushed out and have missed their chance of winning

I went Andy (he will eventually focus on other than the tour), Froome and j-rod. Although I also forgot how old j-rod is but there is still hope.
I wanted to say Samu but think he has missed his shot.

The Hitch said:
Young gun Roland.will.kick out froome ? Froome is only a year older. Quintana and pinot are the big young hopes.

I was just throwing out some riders who have been listed on this forum as potential GT challengers of the future to explain why Tejay wasn't listed on the poll.
It will not be Roland who dislodges Froome, the person to do that will clearly be Cam Meyer

TRENDING THREADS