• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will R.Gesink ever win a GT?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Will Gesink ever win a GT?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted no. I think the Tour suits him best and that's why he keeps on riding it, but can't see him winning when Bertie is around and now he has Froome to contend too.
Don't think he can win the Vuelta unless It's a very poor field.
The Giro might be a possibility, but any attempt on the Giro means he'll have to give up on his Tour dreams that year, so will he do it?

I would love to see him win! He is always game to attack in the mountains. I think the third week will be very important. Whoever has fatigued the least will be the best bet for the win. I just hope that person is Gesink.

ron-paul.gif

.. no but seriously, this thread is one big jinx. Lock it up!

Back in 2009 I nearly ****ed when he distanced Valverde for a single moment and looked like the possible winner of that Vuelta. Bu in the end Valverde came back and a few days later Rob felt and it was all over.

I'm realistic right now. The most likely scenario is that his climbing isn't improved enough to match up with Nibali. Otherwise he will just do an Anton.

But if he really should win, I will go loco for sure!

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I feel for Gesink yday was a joke a real joke weelsucker's, I also hate when people say he shoulnt be leader well who else should be leader, and why do people laugh when he fails get a grip. I know bad weather is apart of cycling but this GT has been extreme their is no shame in getting top5 for the rest of your carear. I hink he should concentrate on Vuelta each year use the TDF as training like Valverde did and he can get a podium. He had no prep last year. This is just a bad GT for him he looked great first week, something is ovi up with him.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I still think he's more talented than Ryder Hesjedal. So logic suggests it should be possible. And he's shown that he can stay upright for at least two weeks.

whittashau said:
I still think he's more talented than Ryder Hesjedal. So logic suggests it should be possible. And he's shown that he can stay upright for at least two weeks.

If Hesjedal is the benchmark then about half of the peloton could win the Giro.
As I said in another thread, it was just a fluke, nothing more nothing less.

Seriously tho, Gesink should leave RaboBlancoFail ASAP and maybe find different motivations and goals, or he'll end up stagnating (hoping he stays upright) just like many others in the past.

TRENDING THREADS