• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Windy Mountain

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race Radio said:
Please excuse me if I did not rant for days on it as I was busy riding my bike. Perhaps because I, unlike some, do not have an unhinged obsession?

As you know I expressed shock at the attacks when they occurred. Wrote "Oh My" on twitter as soon as he launched them. Pointing out that the last 15km was the "2nd fastest ever" I then went and took a shower, as I had climbed Madeleine and the Telegraph that day, and headed out to grab a beer and dinner with some friends. So sorry if I did not ditch my buddies for you.:rolleyes: In my absence I pointed my followers to several experts who would analysis the day better then I.

Since then I have pointed out several times the absurdity of his attacks.....but of course you know this.

Thank you for your post as it shows yet again the reason for this thread. Not to discuss the direction of the wind and its effect on the day but to provoke conflict by twisting what is written.

Thanks for proving my point.
You had time to talk about the 'encouraging' speeds but not time to address the mental attacks...ah ok - but you managed to type 'oh my' - maybe if you stopped talking so much about lance you'd have time to branch out.
:rolleyes:

Obsession!!! topless pictures of lance...anything lance for the last ten years...anything johan...and you talk of obsession..it's ok to be obsessed with lance. But evidently when we spread it around, as anyone with a bit of honesty would, then we are obsessed.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Race Radio said:
If you read what I wrote, and not what some guy banned for trolling wrote, it is clear that is not the case
Please, not this again Race, there are actually grown ups on this site who can think and speak for themselves. Why do you think you were hounded by me for instance for your words? Am I trolling you? No, I am disagreeing with you. Dont call me a troll or a twister because I dont agree with you.

I have put up videos who clearly point out there was no tailwind in the forest of Ventoux, yet you seem to ignore this. Why?

Perhaps this all is just a misunderstanding, thats why I said in my previous post it looked/looks like.

You say/said 80% tailwind, this while we see Ventoux not as a 22K climb but one of 16K. For instance. That false flat between Bedoin and St. Esteve is silly for use, and, there were huge crosswinds there, no tailwind.

And I want to ask other boardmembers not to try starting/engaging/re-engaging or whatever on this topic. It is silly.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Thanks for the encouraging words and for the map. So with head/cross after Chalet that means the wind came from the north-north west.

Of course earlier in the thread you wrote

so according to you, there is always a tailwind no matter where the wind comes from? or am I missing something?

Good post. Thanks for proving my point.

Digger said:
Thanks for proving my point.
You had time to talk about the 'encouraging' speeds but not time to address the mental attacks...ah ok - but you managed to type 'oh my' - maybe if you stopped talking so much about lance you'd have time to branch out.
:rolleyes:

Obsession!!! topless pictures of lance...anything lance for the last ten years...anything johan...and you talk of obsession..it's ok to be obsessed with lance. But evidently when we spread it around, as anyone with a bit of honesty would, then we are obsessed.

Try not to take this the wrong way... I don't think the internet is a good place for you, in terms of your happiness & mental health. You should consider a few weeks off, and see if it helps how you feel on a day to day basis.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Nick777 said:
Try not to take this the wrong way... I don't think the internet is a good place for you, in terms of your happiness & mental health. You should consider a few weeks off, and see if it helps how you feel on a day to day basis.
a wild guess: too goddamn bored of your own life, you have to start telling others what to do?

Nick777 said:

thanks for proving my point

it seems to me that certain folk are more determined to obfuscate and muddy the waters than discuss the topics at hand...

This is about Froome and windy mountain.

Nick777 said:

Out of interest, why do you write this in the public forum instead of writing a PM?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

the sceptic said:
so, how about that tailwind? :D

It is good to be proven right.

The file shows that Foome's output on the initial portion of the climb was low, hovering around 300 watts. It also makes clear that the most questionable portion of the day were the attacks, something I pointed out on the day as well as multiple times in this thread.

Re: Re:

Race Radio said:
the sceptic said:

It is good to be proven right.

The file shows that Foome's output on the initial portion of the climb was low, hovering around 300 watts. It also makes clear that the most questionable portion of the day were the attacks, something I pointed out on the day as well as multiple times in this thread.
How strong was the wind on your way back here ? :D

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dear Wiggo said:
the sceptic said:

Apparently it was all about the attacks now. Talk about revisionist history.

It is clear who is using revisionist history

Race Radio said:
Benotti69 said:
Whatever the wind. Froome destroyed everyone all riding in the same wind conditions as Froome.

Agreed. he crushed a quality field with insane attacks.

Note, my original offhand post on the wind was not as a defense of Froome but to point out the variables on Ventoux make it difficult to use for W/Kg, VAM, etc. I made it clear that I thought that Alp d'Huez and the Semnoz were better examples of questionable performance.

Race Radio said:
Froome's attack was questionable. It is possible to hold this view and still see that the vast majority of the climb was a tailwind.

Race Radio said:
1. I pointed out very clearly multiple times that Froome's accelerations were very questionable. How am I trying to "drawing attention away from the final stretch" when I pointed out several times that I thought that his performance on that stretch was not normal?

Race Radio said:
While I have been writing about wind direction others have been trying to read more into what I write. When that does not work the baiting and insults come out. I made it clear that because of the variables on ventoux that other stages would be better indicators from a purely VAM, W/KG basis. I made it clear some of Froome's performances, including his final attack on Ventoux, were questionable.

Race Radio said:
Some have tried to twist what I have written. I have said many times Froome's attacks that day were mutant.....but the variables make it hard to use the climb for normal calculations. I, and many others, prefer the Semnoz.

Race Radio said:
My point was clear. Froome's accelerations were insane, but due to the variables of the climb it was difficult to use the normal formulas to calculate output. This view is shared by multiple people who are considered experts. Pretty simple

Race Radio said:
I wrote several times that, while the variables made it hard to do calculations, Froomes attacks that day were insane. His attacks showed he could out climb Quintana. If he was not on an off day (Alp d'Huez) or had already sewed up the Tour (Semnoz) then his output on those climbs would be even more insane then they already were.

Race Radio said:
As you know I expressed shock at the attacks when they occurred. Wrote "Oh My" on twitter as soon as he launched them. Pointing out that the last 15km was the "2nd fastest ever" I then went and took a shower, as I had climbed Madeleine and the Telegraph that day, and headed out to grab a beer and dinner with some friends. So sorry if I did not ditch my buddies for you.:rolleyes: In my absence I pointed my followers to several experts who would analysis the day better then I.

Since then I have pointed out several times the absurdity of his attacks.....but of course you know this.

It is interesting to see that some still choose to twist what I wrote. What the file made clear is the most questionable part of the climb were Foome's attacks, something I pointed out over, and over, and over

TRENDING THREADS