• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

With races being cancelled, what are you watching,?

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I haven't taken much notice of it for about fifteen years, but I found that races were usually more interesting when a) the cars were less reliable, and b) when it rained (in particular on and off). Some races that spring to mind: Hungary 97, Spa 98, Hockenheim 00 (that moment with the McLaren 'protestor' was both infuriating and hilarious at the same time), Brazil 01, Barcelona 01 (rather boring race, but incredible last lap). From this era, strangely the year that I watched the least was '99 (not sure why), and it was probably the most interesting season. How in the hell did Frentzen almost win the championship in a Jordan?!
Watched Monaco 1996 last week on F1's channel. Rainy race, and lots of crashes.
Frentzen contended for the championship because Schumacher was injured, Hakkinen did his best to throw the championship away and Irvine and Coulthard are not top class drivers. ( I think apart from Schumacher it was a pretty weak era, but that's another topic. I don't think Schumacher had a driver close to his level between Senna's death and Alonso coming. )

Frentzen contended for the championship because Schumacher was injured, Hakkinen did his best to throw the championship away and Irvine and Coulthard are not top class drivers. ( I think apart from Schumacher it was a pretty weak era, but that's another topic. I don't think Schumacher had a driver close to his level between Senna's death and Alonso coming. )

The craziest race I ever saw. In my mind I remember 7 or 8 finishers but wikipedia tells me it was 4 which is just nuts

The 1996 Monaco GP was crazy, I’ve enjoyed watching back lots of classic races from that era when I first watched F1.

Hakkinen was a great driver too, just a shame he lost his motivation after losing the title in 2000, his overtake on Schumacher at Spa was incredible.

What have I been watching? Riot troops massed in front of my office—glad that I can work at home Instead and not try to work with that going on outside my window, but also sorry I can’t join one the marches to show support (don’t want to get sick at my age).

https://the-race.com/gt/watch-super-gt-exclusively-live-on-the-race-all-season/

2020 Super GT will be live on The Race youtube channel all season, thought some of you might be interested.
God-tier news.

Huge fan of their commentary for Super GT, especially Sam Collins, he's both passionate about the format, and simultaneously loves to poke sarcastic fun at its idiosyncrasies. When they were commentating on it as part of Nismo-TV, it made it feel like some kind of club of enthusiasts, but not in an elitist way at all, more like they were super excited that you'd discovered this little corner of motorsport that they were so passionate about and wanted you to be as excited by it as they were, even at the presentation bits they didn't really understand. Literally the only drawback was that there were a good few weebs who would only care for where the Hatsune Miku-decorated GT300 Mercedes was, and even then Collins would generally refer to the car as if it was the vocaloid herself and use it specifically for innuendo purposes. The car got its design because team owner Ukyo Katayama, the former F1 driver, has a connection through his family to the company that manufactures the autotune software. The cycling team even at one point had itacha jersey designs but now they've settled on having normal cycling jerseys but using the vocaloid to market the team.
Music 2 part documentary on Epix network (US): Laurel Canyon about 60's LA music scene. Cool.
Well, I hear that Laurel Canyon is full of famous stars, but I hate them worse than lepers, and I'll kill them in their cars.

TRENDING THREADS