• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Carboncrank said:
The economic collapse came under your watch.

Giving away the treasury hadn't been enough, they wanted to throw us so deep into deficit that social spending would not be possible.

It was slash and burn fiscal policy. it devastated the landscape and left the earth salted behind.

mindless boilerplate

A

Anonymous

Carboncrank said:
The economic collapse came under your watch.

Giving away the treasury hadn't been enough, they wanted to throw us so deep into deficit that social spending would not be possible.

It was slash and burn fiscal policy. it devastated the landscape and left the earth salted behind.

I trying to be patient with you. It's 2010. Your saviour is at the helm, in control, the big kahuna, el numero uno, el supremo, the man, the prez, el capitan. Your side has been in control of congress for how long now?

This is your side's economy and try as you might you can not change that (until 2012, I mean).

Here's yet more outstanding economic data for you to ponder.

"As bad as the government's jobs readings numbers have been during the Great Recession, we'll soon find out the real situation likely was worse.

Much worse.

Job losses during the recession may have been underestimated by close to a million jobs. So instead of employers cutting just over 7 million jobs from their payrolls since the economic downturn began in December 2007, it's expected that the Labor Department's new estimate will be a loss of 8 million jobs.

"It's an enormous understatement of the severity of the crisis," said Heidi Shierholz, labor economist with the Economic Policy Institute, a union-supported think tank. "It confirms that things were actually worse on the ground than what the reports suggested."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Recessions-job-losses-likely-cnnm-1998556151.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=8&asset=&ccode=

I waiting with baited breath to see how you ignore and/or spin this data.

And, OMG, theres more.

"The number of newly laid-off workers filing initial claims for jobless benefits rose unexpectedly last week, evidence that layoffs are continuing and jobs remain scarce.

The rise is the fourth in the past five weeks. Most economists hoped that claims would resume a downward trend that was evident in the fall and early witer."

"The figure is the highest in the past two months. Initial claims dropped sharply in late December, raising hopes among economists that layoffs were nearing an end and the economy would soon start generating net gains in jobs."

The real problem is you guys don't know how to grow an economy and that means you sure don't know how kick-start one that sucks.

The real tradgedy here is I live in a state where your economic beliefs have been on-parade for over 20 years. As just one example we have the California Air Resources Board, un-elected appointed leftist organization bent on the destruction of, what used to be, a great way of life.

"The facts remain as relevant today as they did two years ago, AB 32 will
result in a lot of economic pain for Californians," Dr. Thorning said. "The
cap and trade system will cause 'leakage' of industry to states and countries
with no mandatory emission caps resulting in job losses and higher energy
prices. This is a high price tag to pay for no net reduction in greenhouse
gases."

Further compounding the problems of AB 32 is the economic downturn
gripping the nation. California faces very tough challenges given the fact
that real Gross State Product has grown significantly more slowly than that of
its neighboring states in recent years. California's real GSP grew at an
average annual rate of only 2.7 percent from 2001 to 2007, compared to 4.4
percent in Arizona, 5.0 percent in Nevada, and 3.6 percent in both Oregon and
Idaho. California's AB 32 will make it that much more difficult to retain
industry and jobs and to increase real income in the state."

http://pressrelated.com/press-release-carb-scoping-plan-ignores-high-price-tag-of-climate-change-law.html

Now, how you gonna blame that economic data on Bush? As TFF is fond of saying... Dang.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
I trying to be patient with you. It's 2010. Your saviour is at the helm, in control, the big kahuna, el numero uno, el supremo, the man, the prez, el capitan. Your side has been in control of congress for how long now?

You have demonstrated an allergy to the truth for as long as you've been on these forums just like the rest of the Republican kooks. Here's an example of another one of your lies re Limbo.

http://www.newser.com/story/80034/rush-is-with-rahm-on-lefty-retards.html

Here's what the jerk said which makes your lies clear

“Our political correct society is acting like some giant insult’s taken place by calling a bunch of people who are retards, retards. I mean these people, these liberal activists are kooks. They are looney tunes. And I’m not going to apologize for it. I’m just quoting Emanuel,” Limbaugh said of his anti-PC soulmate, who has apologized and will host some from the offended community by way of apology. “So now there’s going to be a meeting. There’s going to be a genius summit at the White House.”

It's 2010. So what? You realize that total destruction can take place in a very short time. It takes a lot longer to rebuild everything.

FDR correctly blamed you screwballs for the economy years after you retards lost majorities and it might be until 2020 until we start turning the corner on what your destructive policies have wrought.

As for Sarah Palin, one of her questionably redeeming features is that she's not terrible to look at with nothing spewing from her mouth. So "Crazy B!tch" is entirely appropriate.

Even McCain's closest staff was terrified about the possibility of her becoming POTUS.

If you haven't gotten the message. You're nuts.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Here is the transcript of his comments. He's ripping political correctness by quoting Rahm Emanuel. More irony lost on the left.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_020310/content/01125111.guest.html

Hey tea bagger. Apparently the irony as you call it, was lost on the Rush salad tossers too.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Love you, listened to you for lots of year but I was distressed by your comments on Rahm Emanuel's reference to *** persons.

RUSH: Hm-hm.

CALLER: And I was distressed because you took the view as though his comments were an insult to the liberal Democrats, which I'm sure Sarah Palin wouldn't have cared about anyway. The reason they were so offensive is because by using the term "***" or "retards" as a term of opprobrium or derision is insulting to all persons with mental disability.

RUSH: Right. But the point I was making was that Emanuel compares Democrats to *** people and then apologized to the *** people, which, in turn is not a complimentary thing to say about the Democrats, either. It's sort of like if I would compare Obama to a rat and somebody said, "Don't do that, you're insulting rats." This is the same thing. Rahm Emanuel is comparing Democrats to *** people. People say, "Don't insult *** people that way." That's my take on it.

CALLER: I think he and a lot of people in our society use those terms as a way to denigrate those people. It is not polite. It can be hurtful. And I think that in a lot of your comments, it sounded to me as though you were repeating that.

RUSH: Well, I was. I was trying to focus attention on, once again, a loose lipped Democrat. These guys get away with insulting people left and right, they're never called on it, and so if Rahm Emanuel can say it, I'll just jump in to highlight the fact that another Democrat, this time the president's chief of staff, is out there talking this way.

CALLER: Well, and I agree with you on that point. I just felt as though your comment, it seemed to me to underline the idea that the insult was to the Democrats, and it's not, the insult is to the people with disabilities.

RUSH: No, no, no. I know the insult is to *** people but those are not my words. Those are not my words. And, by the way, I gotta tell you something. When I grew up, this is to show you how society has changed, *** is what they were called even by the schools. When I grew up, that's what they were called. It's only recently that that's become a pejorative.

CALLER: Well, you know, and I don't have a problem if someone is discussing an actual person with mental retardation in appropriate -- I mean, I have a son with developmental disabilities. And if I were discussing it with, you know, someone at the school or we were discussing him in a clinical way and saying that he had mental retardation, it's not the current term, but to me that would not be an insult. Yet if somebody referred to him as a genius --

RUSH: Like Rahm Emanuel did.

CALLER: Well, and the way Rahm Emanuel referred to him was in fact insulting. But I thought that your comments that the insult was to the Democrats, not to the people who were denigrated --

RUSH: Well, maybe I didn't express it right, but the point is I just found it funny that Rahm Emanuel, the first thing he did was compared liberal activists to *** people and then apologized to the *** people for doing that as though it's an insult to be called a Democrat. And --

Maybe?

Scott, do you ever get tired of lying?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I could see conservatives showing up at the end of the current term of the presidency as a call for change in hopes their party can re-invent themselves to the American public. But it is amazing to me we could come out of a warring tenure under the bush administration on the heels of a near-death experience to the American financial system...... and have to deal with spirited cries from a handful of conservatives on the board about how America is heading in the wrong direction under Democratic rule. There has to be some sort of brain-washed conspiracy working toward a greater apocalypse of society. That is the only rational explanation.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
I could see conservatives showing up at the end of the current term of the presidency as a call for change in hopes their party can re-invent themselves to the American public. But it is amazing to me we could come out of a warring tenure under the bush administration on the heels of a near-death experience to the American financial system...... and have to deal with spirited cries from a handful of conservatives on the board about how America is heading in the wrong direction under Democratic rule. There has to be some sort of brain-washed conspiracy working toward a greater apocalypse of society. That is the only rational explanation.

My friend, I grew up in the NYC metro area and have also been to the backwaters of the U.S.A. In NY you're almost forced to have some semblance of logic and reality just to get by.

Not that I wish this on anybody, but head down to the sticks of a place like South Carolina and you'll understand how many right wing nuts are really out there.

Look at the constituents of someone like Blanche Lincoln, Bayh, or Ben Nelson. They're just morons (many of them) and you really appreciate how some *** like Inhofe can get elected.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:

Near death experience? and then what they got up from their death bed and ran for a gold medal(in the way of billions in bonuses and new hires). I wont say it's checkmate but going on record, thumping your chest about immoral prisons and greed gone crazy.Now @800 billion spent and the economy in free fall.Things had better take a really good turn, 1 or 2 converts plus the lost seats, Obama may be surrounded by a sea of Republican sharks very soon. We are taking the patients vital signs in the wrong place. If the banks are the pulse,ok,the rest of the body has gangrene.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
Near death experience? and then what they got up from their death bed and ran for a gold medal(in the way of billions in bonuses and new hires). I wont say it's checkmate but going on record, thumping your chest about immoral prisons and greed gone crazy.Now @800 billion spent and the economy in free fall.Things had better take a really good turn, 1 or 2 converts plus the lost seats, Obama may be surrounded by a sea of Republican sharks very soon. We are taking the patients vital signs in the wrong place. If the banks are the pulse,ok,the rest of the body has gangrene.

Hello, wake up. Go back to Sept and Oct 2008. Near Death. Where was the Dow then? Where is it now? The patient was stabilized, but the Tea Baggers are still trying to kill it, like the Republicans did in 1929. We were in a Recession. It could have been a Depression.

The crazy thing is that if you had Herbert Hoover to offer up in 2012, that would be much better than this genius Palin.

You should have paid attention in school.

ravens said:
Gosh, that was a barrow load of ivory tower blather. Your poli sci prof will probably give you a biscuit for your pavlovian regurgitation of his revisionist dogma.

We need to return to the reality of what leftist or at best, given Clinton's 2 terms, limp wristed defensive stance gave us. That reality gave us Carter, with 444 days of our embassy personnel held hostage while our impotent president can't land a 'heel'-icopter in the desert.

And then Clinton, who claimed he couldn't do anything about Bin Laden due to 'the wall' constructed by his wonks, Jamie Gorelick. This allowed him and his followers to orchestrate 9/11. And according to you, that is a reality that we are supposed to accommodate? okey dokey then.

The truth is, Ravens, the inertia of history can not be controled by brute force. Every empire that has tried to arrest its own demise by a conservative ideology has failed miserably.

You conservatives simply decive yourselves with the iron fisted stance.

As for the poli-sci prof nonsense of yours goes, the very notion that there is anything rational or objective, and therefore scientific, about what is fundamentally an irrational and subjective field of social management such as politics: makes me put more faith in the mystical rantings of oracles and soothsayers.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ravens said:
Gosh, that was a barrow load of ivory tower blather. Your poli sci prof will probably give you a biscuit for your pavlovian regurgitation of his revisionist dogma.

We need to return to the reality of what leftist or at best, given Clinton's 2 terms, limp wristed defensive stance gave us. That reality gave us Carter, with 444 days of our embassy personnel held hostage while our impotent president can't land a 'heel'-icopter in the desert.

And then Clinton, who claimed he couldn't do anything about Bin Laden due to 'the wall' constructed by his wonks, Jamie Gorelick. This allowed him and his followers to orchestrate 9/11. And according to you, that is a reality that we are supposed to accommodate? okey dokey then.

Nice alternate reality. Ever tried reading a book? You should start with Richard Clark's, Against all Enemies.

Way to badmouth the military too with the Iranian hostage crisis. You realize that they were the best forces we had, and that it was under Carter, that Delta Force was created.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Alvin_Beckwith

The first commander of Delta, Colonel Charles Beckwith, had this to say about President Carter.

"My men and I have decided that our boss, the President of the United States, is as tough as woodpecker lips."

Delta Force led Operation Eagle Claw, you genius.

Try reading his book Delta Force. Then you may start to get an idea about WTF u r talking about.

Being illiterate is no excuse for you to be spreading your vitriolic lies.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
My friend, I grew up in the NYC metro area and have also been to the backwaters of the U.S.A. In NY you're almost forced to have some semblance of logic and reality just to get by.

Not that I wish this on anybody, but head down to the sticks of a place like South Carolina and you'll understand how many right wing nuts are really out there.

Look at the constituents of someone like Blanche Lincoln, Bayh, or Ben Nelson. They're just morons (many of them) and you really appreciate how some *** like Inhofe can get elected.

That is quite the moronic statement!! Pretty simple minded as well...all this coming from someone who calls themselves buckwheat...douchbagery at its finest.

Please stay in the rathole of NYC...it deserves you!

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:

I guess this is going to be the explanation for what is going to happen in ...oh...just about exactly 9 months from today....

That explanation and a buck will get you a coffee at mcdonalds.

If only the morons could be smart enough to realize how great your messiah is. When he says we are going to spend (spelled b-o-r-r-o-w f-r-o-m C-h-i-n-a) our way out of therecession, that's not the change we can believe in.

As I never tire of saying, those are the same morons that put the Bigot's Messiah in the oval orifice and you were praising a year ago. So which is it?

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
ravens said:
I guess this is going to be the explanation for what is going to happen in ...oh...just about exactly 9 months from today....

That explanation and a buck will get you a coffee at mcdonalds.

If only the morons could be smart enough to realize how great your messiah is. When he says we are going to spend (spelled b-o-r-r-o-w f-r-o-m C-h-i-n-a) our way out of therecession, that's not the change we can believe in.

As I never tire of saying, those are the same morons that put the Bigot's Messiah in the oval orifice and you were praising a year ago. So which is it?

Whatever dude. The stimulus should have been twice the size, you Herbert Hoover ignorant clown.

I don't have the time for you. Read a book every once in a while.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
TRDean said:
That is quite the moronic statement!! Pretty simple minded as well...all this coming from someone who calls themselves buckwheat...douchbagery at its finest.

Please stay in the rathole of NYC...it deserves you!

How else do you explain jim demint?

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Whatever dude. The stimulus should have been twice the size, you Herbert Hoover ignorant clown.

I don't have the time for you. Read a book every once in a while.

Always the same story, Lenin, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Castro, Mugabe, Chavez, Obama.

Not enough time for their plan to work, not enough money (China is getting ready to cut up our credit card), not enough enemies for them to liquidate.

A

Anonymous

buckwheat said:
Hey tea bagger. Apparently the irony as you call it, was lost on the Rush salad tossers too.

CALLER: Hi, Rush. Love you, listened to you for lots of year but I was distressed by your comments on Rahm Emanuel's reference to *** persons.

RUSH: Hm-hm.

CALLER: And I was distressed because you took the view as though his comments were an insult to the liberal Democrats, which I'm sure Sarah Palin wouldn't have cared about anyway. The reason they were so offensive is because by using the term "***" or "retards" as a term of opprobrium or derision is insulting to all persons with mental disability.

RUSH: Right. But the point I was making was that Emanuel compares Democrats to *** people and then apologized to the *** people, which, in turn is not a complimentary thing to say about the Democrats, either. It's sort of like if I would compare Obama to a rat and somebody said, "Don't do that, you're insulting rats." This is the same thing. Rahm Emanuel is comparing Democrats to *** people. People say, "Don't insult *** people that way." That's my take on it.

CALLER: I think he and a lot of people in our society use those terms as a way to denigrate those people. It is not polite. It can be hurtful. And I think that in a lot of your comments, it sounded to me as though you were repeating that.

RUSH: Well, I was. I was trying to focus attention on, once again, a loose lipped Democrat. These guys get away with insulting people left and right, they're never called on it, and so if Rahm Emanuel can say it, I'll just jump in to highlight the fact that another Democrat, this time the president's chief of staff, is out there talking this way.

CALLER: Well, and I agree with you on that point. I just felt as though your comment, it seemed to me to underline the idea that the insult was to the Democrats, and it's not, the insult is to the people with disabilities.

RUSH: No, no, no. I know the insult is to *** people but those are not my words. Those are not my words. And, by the way, I gotta tell you something. When I grew up, this is to show you how society has changed, *** is what they were called even by the schools. When I grew up, that's what they were called. It's only recently that that's become a pejorative.

CALLER: Well, you know, and I don't have a problem if someone is discussing an actual person with mental retardation in appropriate -- I mean, I have a son with developmental disabilities. And if I were discussing it with, you know, someone at the school or we were discussing him in a clinical way and saying that he had mental retardation, it's not the current term, but to me that would not be an insult. Yet if somebody referred to him as a genius --

RUSH: Like Rahm Emanuel did.

CALLER: Well, and the way Rahm Emanuel referred to him was in fact insulting. But I thought that your comments that the insult was to the Democrats, not to the people who were denigrated --

RUSH: Well, maybe I didn't express it right, but the point is I just found it funny that Rahm Emanuel, the first thing he did was compared liberal activists to *** people and then apologized to the *** people for doing that as though it's an insult to be called a Democrat. And --

Maybe?

Scott, do you ever get tired of lying?

Irony. It's not just for breakfast anymore.

No terse words for Emanuel but all vitriol all the time for Rush. How typical.

Gee, you got me on the lying part.. and by the way, you let me down by being unable to work in more than two insults per sentence.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Hello, wake up. Go back to Sept and Oct 2008. Near Death. Where was the Dow then? Where is it now? The patient was stabilized, but the Tea Baggers are still trying to kill it, like the Republicans did in 1929. We were in a Recession. It could have been a Depression.

The crazy thing is that if you had Herbert Hoover to offer up in 2012, that would be much better than this genius Palin.

You should have paid attention in school.

I would hope you had just cleared a bowl or 2 after this. Wall St has paid themselves billions in bonuses. Not millions billions. Obama gave money that was not asked for by many. Companies were forced to take TARP cash. He has run up our credit debt making it almost impossible for growth. The DOW/stock market are what got us into this mess. Make nothing and come home and watch to see what your private gamblers made while trading currency or C class paper for inner city housing notes. People walking with 10 million in 2 days selling short against stocks that are part of the DOW. Ford took no money and now are bouncing back. The government bought 2 car companies and now the best thing that happened to them was something bad happening to Toyota. talk about dumb luck. To think that a guy working in a saw mill in the Carolinas is less sophisticated than you because he doesn't have access to sushi or a subway is pretty weak. wait till you watch how silly New Yorkers are portrayed when we are shown to have bought electric chain link fences(81 million worth) around the 2 major airports that don't work. Even a dumbest redneck knows not to buy a second helping of something you didn't like the first time. Go by that hole in the ground down on Broadway and see what a lack of common sense gets you. Soon you will see that a healthy Wall st doesn't equal a healthy Main st.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
Kinda like Nevada's village idiot declaring "the war is lost" in the middle of the war.

bush-mission-accomplished.jpg

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:

Gee, you got me on the lying part.. and by the way, you let me down by being unable to work in more than two insults per sentence.

Humorless and stupid must be a tough way for some of these donkeys to go through life.

I am still dying over the fact that he apologized to *** people for comparing liberals to *** people but NOT to liberals. Maybe he meant it as a compliment?

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
Here is the transcript of his comments. He's ripping political correctness by quoting Rahm Emanuel. More irony lost on the left.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_020310/content/01125111.guest.html

"But our politically correct society is acting like some giant insult's taken place by calling a bunch of people who are "retards," "retards."'

Please note that that was from Rush's website, and that you cannot quote both instances of the word in any honest way. Sorry, but you lose.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
The chatter from the right was very similar during Clinton's first term (he actually is caucasion although I don't think he realizes this). You may believe criticisim from the right towards Obama has racism at it's core but that doesn't mean it's true. I guarantee you if Obama was pro-business, pro-job growth, pro-smaller govt he would have so much conservative support it would make your head spin.

I actually like the guy but I don't like his ideas.

That is why I said that in the "south." And here, it is based on race.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:

He got re-elected, unlike Reid, who is debating whether to pull out of the race entirely because his re-election chances are DOA.

The most powerful man in the Senate. And he has no chance of re-election. And libs can't figure out why.

As I said, comparing liberals to *** people was Emanuel's way of complimenting them.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:

That is a load of horse sh!t. Emanuel is getting ripped by the moose knuckle from Alaska, but she wets her panties every time she sees Rush. Why is she not denouncing him? We know already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS