• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 263 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Hes probably on the cafe section of tmz, nfl, nhl, horse racing, mtv and a bunch of other forums telling everyone they watch too much fox and how much intellectually superior he is.

Oh and telling them that they are all alcocholics of course.

A "how to troll for dummies" copy on his desk and a bottle of bourbon by his side, he is no doubt playing over and over tapes from Limbaughs latest show, for quotes he can later in the day atribute to a bunch of people with weird names and strange avatars that he has never met and knows nothing about.

Because that is how you win the internets:cool:
That about sums it up Hitch.

Hugh Januss said:
I think Red must have spent the weekend tearing up the desert with Scott Socal on their dirt bikes, the have both been strangely (but refreshingly) silent of late.:cool:

Did Sierra Nevada come out with a new seasonal…….....that would explain where Scott has been.

Red?,,,, I have no idea unless he is doing what the Hitch is referring to about listening to the ditto head tapes over and over....:D

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
As usual, I'm late to the little party you folks are having. I'd like to offer a link that I'd like to share, and you'll see some of my comments after the link as well.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/03/draft-on-broker-movement-unions/#comments

I'll restate some of those comments more generally.

I grew up in a union household (International paper workers), but my dad was not a true union man. He saw that there were times when, what the union wanted, was going to put too heavy of a burden on the company, forcing them to non-competitiveness. This was in the late 1980's and early 1990's, so our little squabbles here aren't new issues. Strikes and union vs. company arguments aren't something that was just invented with the teachers and workers in Wisconsin. The public employee unionization tiff is, however, a nice new wrinkle on things.

So, with that background, understand that I work in a white collar profession where NO ONE unionizes, and in fact, unions are looked down upon. What my co-workers who are so enlightened as to the harm that unions do, don't realize, is that they are being marginalized as well. They might be making an adequate amount of money. But that's only because of the efforts that unions made in the past, in industries not related to mine.

So, in a VERY RED STATE, I am decidedly blue, and strongly in favor of unionization. I don't agree with all parts of collective agreements. YES, there are blatant abuses, and a skeptical eye must be kept on those little clauses slipped in at the last minute, a la our fine state politicians methods. Funny.....the people of Alabama benefitted the most by Democratic ideals and unionization in the Northern states. Those gains helped this state out of the stone ages. however, because of political propoganda, most Alabamians believe they are Republican.

I'd laugh, but it hurts so much, it's just easier to cry.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
ashpelham said:
As usual, I'm late to the little party you folks are having. I'd like to offer a link that I'd like to share, and you'll see some of my comments after the link as well.
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/03/draft-on-broker-movement-unions/#comments

I'll restate some of those comments more generally.

I grew up in a union household (International paper workers), but my dad was not a true union man. He saw that there were times when, what the union wanted, was going to put too heavy of a burden on the company, forcing them to non-competitiveness. This was in the late 1980's and early 1990's, so our little squabbles here aren't new issues. Strikes and union vs. company arguments aren't something that was just invented with the teachers and workers in Wisconsin. The public employee unionization tiff is, however, a nice new wrinkle on things.

So, with that background, understand that I work in a white collar profession where NO ONE unionizes, and in fact, unions are looked down upon. What my co-workers who are so enlightened as to the harm that unions do, don't realize, is that they are being marginalized as well. They might be making an adequate amount of money. But that's only because of the efforts that unions made in the past, in industries not related to mine.

So, in a VERY RED STATE, I am decidedly blue, and strongly in favor of unionization. I don't agree with all parts of collective agreements. YES, there are blatant abuses, and a skeptical eye must be kept on those little clauses slipped in at the last minute, a la our fine state politicians methods. Funny.....the people of Alabama benefitted the most by Democratic ideals and unionization in the Northern states. Those gains helped this state out of the stone ages. however, because of political propoganda, most Alabamians believe they are Republican. I'd laugh, but it hurts so much, it's just easier to cry.

Most of the south are in the same shape. The Democratic South changed because of President Reagan. Southerners do not realize that they are being taken advantage of by the republican party. The people to benefit the most from public health care would be the south. They reject it the most because of the republican party.

****es me off but hell I reside in a state that would elect Bin-laden if he was on the republican ticket.

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Most of the south are in the same shape. The Democratic South changed because of President Reagan. Southerners do not realize that they are being taken advantage of by the republican party. The people to benefit the most from public health care would be the south. They reject it the most because of the republican party.

****es me off but hell I reside in a state that would elect Bin-laden if he was on the republican ticket.

i don't think bin-laden could pull more than 47% here

unless of course his opponent favored gay marriage :D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
patricknd said:
i don't think bin-laden could pull more than 47% here

unless of course his opponent favored gay marriage :D

:D That is true.

Of course I never thought the current Mayor of Houston would be elected but then again look at the 18th congressional district!

There is a balance somewhere just not in the 18th district! :D

Señor_Contador said:
The UAW bankrupted Detroit????????? :eek::eek:

W-H-A-T?

Look I think you've got your priorities a little "skewed" here...

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to completely re-word what I wrote, and completely change the context.

As that's what you heard and believed I said, I'm not even going to bother replying further.

Scott SoCal said:
Pfff.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/08/guantanamo-trials-911-suspects_n_832761.html

And at 0:45:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQZ2Lsi4NXE

Soooo, now it's not an Al Qaeda recruiting tool and no longer damages our National Security interests?

Okey Dokey, BO.

If America had for just once not thought only about its interests in the region, we probably wouldn't have an Al Qaeda.

The issue is that the world can't be simply made to ones own image and liking, especially when this becomes an insupportable intrusion, before a major opposition is mounted. It has always been this way throughout history and it always will.

And China and Russia are playing the role of great stoppers. What a sensational performance! What irony after Iraq.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
and whose family is in business with the bin laden's ...oh yea,, that drunk guy you voted for. Thanks scott..Your contribution is noted.

If you are going to try and insult me please make your attempt in a coherent fashion. That's not too much to ask.

So, to summarize, the policy of the drunk guy I voted for is being followed by the man-child you voted for. Sounds like your guy has no courage of his convictions. Your contribution is noted (whatever that means).

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
If you are going to try and insult me please make your attempt in a coherent fashion. That's not too much to ask.

So, to summarize, the policy of the drunk guy I voted for is being followed by the man-child you voted for. Sounds like your guy has no courage of his convictions. Your contribution is noted (whatever that means).

Cleaning up your guy's messes may take a long time.. No courage huh? That's funny..I agree but coming from you it is ridiculous..Dems don't uncorrupt your corruptness fast enough. or at all..booo hoo.. You are the murder witness that never comes forward but blames the police.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Cleaning up your guy's messes may take a long time.. No courage huh? That's funny..I agree but coming from you it is ridiculous..Dems don't uncorrupt your corruptness fast enough. or at all..booo hoo.. You are the murder witness that never comes forward but blames the police.

Mess to clean up? You mean like 5 Trillion in new national debt? 220 Billion in February alone. You mean like that?

BTW, your analogies blow. I realize you are trying to be edgy, but they are neither clever or funny. Surely you can do better.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Mess to clean up? You mean like 5 Trillion in new national debt? 220 Billion in February alone. You mean like that?

BTW, your analogies blow. I realize you are trying to be edgy, but they are neither clever or funny. Surely you can do better.

You didn't make a peep for 8 yrs..This country might never recover from W...Thanks

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to completely re-word what I wrote, and completely change the context.

As that's what you heard and believed I said, I'm not even going to bother replying further.

That's because that is what you insinuated. Shared blame is blame nonetheless. And what I am certain of is that those who blame unions for the demise of Detroit haven't 1) been to Detroit and 2) haven't spoken to the people in Detroit.

You see, the reason the US auto industry went down the drain was mainly because their cars sucked. Bottom line. The unions do not dry up the company funds. That's a myth. Unions negotiate contracts and, if need be, agree to layoffs and even pay cuts.

The main problem with the unions and the auto indutry executives was that 1) it was mighty difficult to have to deal with people whose first option was always pushing the lay off/pay cut/cut pensions program, while the union always looked at it as a measure of last resort and 2) the executive despite democratic processes. They hate, underline hate, sharing power with the very people that make them the money and despise having to negotiate with anyone about anything. On the other hand, the unions and the people represented by the unions welcomed the negotiations with open arms. You tell me who's to blame in this picture.

Having such a disparate approach to negotiations one can only conclude that the auto insutry's executives gave up on the people of Detroit. That's why some can't even show face in Detroit unless they're being driven around unannounced in an armoured car.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
You didn't make a peep for 8 yrs..This country might never recover from W...Thanks

We may never recover from federally funded cowboy poetry reading out in Searchlight.

BTW, GWB is no longer the Prez.

A

Anonymous

stopped by to see if everyone here had come to a consensus. Guess not.

Some things never change. John McCain is still insane. From urging war against Russia over Georgia to politicking for war with Libya, this guy never learns. As much as a sell-out as Obama has turned out to be, Boy, did we dodge a bullet by not electing that warmonger. Still, Obama will probably cave and get us involved anyway.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Somethings never change. John McCain is still insane. From urging war against Russia over Georgia to politicking for war with Libya, this guy never learns. As much as a sell-out as Obama has turned out to be, Boy, did we dodge a bullet by not electing that warmonger. Still, Obama will probably cave and get us involved anyway.

If McCain had been elected he would have died in his sleep a year ago and queen ester would have been trying everything to get that domey of the rock thingy blown away so Jesus could return. you becha..

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
and whose family is in business with the bin laden's ...oh yea,, that drunk guy you voted for. Thanks scott..Your contribution is noted.

Drunk guy,,,,you are talking about President Obama? I knew he likes the smokes and beer.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Some things never change. John McCain is still insane. From urging war against Russia over Georgia to politicking for war with Libya, this guy never learns. As much as a sell-out as Obama has turned out to be, Boy, did we dodge a bullet by not electing that warmonger. Still, Obama will probably cave and get us involved anyway.

I sure hope your wrong on that Bro.

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
If McCain had been elected he would have died in his sleep a year ago and queen ester would have been trying everything to get that domey of the rock thingy blown away so Jesus could return. you becha..

But he and her were not elected and we really do not need to talk about someone that stupid. Unless you have some more FoxNews breaks then by all means inform us.

Status
Not open for further replies.