• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

World Politics

Page 260 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Hmmm. Tea Party? Nope. Union Thugs.

Crazies on both political extremes to be sure.

Widely reported? Sadly, no.

Bias Press? Noooooooo. Can't be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu839yIS83w

scary school teachers.
OMG!!! scotty...teachers and custodians and bears oh my!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbG8sMOUYU

but this on the other hand.. hired thugs

art-brprooks-broprs-riot-revealed.jpg

May 23, 2010
Visit site
This guy is going to run for president..and scotty will vote for him. He has conservative values like bringing home he and his wife's stillborn cadaver for the children to play with.

cd4d779f4dd9719a185fb40b8b92f73f.jpg

Scott SoCal said:
Hmmm. Tea Party? Nope. Union Thugs.

Crazies on both political extremes to be sure.

Widely reported? Sadly, no.

Bias Press? Noooooooo. Can't be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu839yIS83w

This goes to show you that you conservatives are terrified of democracy, of civilian unrest and discontent. You would like to dictate the rules and stipulate the agenda, without any concession for dissent. After having squandered all the cash on the most base private affairs, you then begin with the greatest determination to rape and pillage the public sector to recoup on the State's losses.

Have you not read the history of the American Revolution? I seriously doubt the French Revolution, no?

Have you not followed the student protests in London, Paris, Rome?

Do you not believe in the democratic initiatives of the young Arabs of the Maghreb to overthrow their despots and live free of tyranny?

I didn't think so, because, inside, you are all a bunch of closet monarchists who would gladly prefer a dictator who rules with a beating stick instead of offering treats, rather than a people's government that demands that its ruling class be considered in the policy making. In the end, you despise democracy because it is too much of a hassle.

Whereas the Tea Party is merely a ridiculous and grotesque parody of true civil unrest and democratic protest.

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
This goes to show you that you conservatives are terrified of democracy, of civilian unrest and discontent. You would like to dictate the rules and stipulate the agenda, without any concession for dissent. After having squandered all the cash on the most base private affairs, you then begin with the greatest determination to rape and pillage the public sector to recoup on the State's losses.

Have you not read the history of the American Revolution? I seriously doubt the French Revolution, no?

Have you not followed the student protests in London, Paris, Rome?

Do you not believe in the democratic initiatives of the young Arabs of the Maghreb to overthrow their despots and live free of tyranny?

I didn't think so, because, inside, you are all a bunch of closet monarchists who would gladly prefer a dictator who rules with a beating stick instead of offering treats, rather than a people's government that demands that its ruling class be considered in the policy making. In the end, you despise democracy because it is too much of a hassle.

Whereas the Tea Party is merely a ridiculous and grotesque parody of true civil unrest and democratic protest.

Tyranny? You must be out of your mind.

The public employee DEMANDS ridiculous compensation packages and the 'right' to collectively bargain for such things and the private sector MUST capitulate othewise the poor, oppressed, mis-treated worker will rise up to crush the tyranny. Right.

Hypocrit much? Tell me what your comments would have been had this demonstration cornered any liberal law maker casting a vote for nationalized healthcare.

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
scary school teachers.
OMG!!! scotty...teachers and custodians and bears oh my!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbG8sMOUYU

but this on the other hand.. hired thugs

art-brprooks-broprs-riot-revealed.jpg

How very interesting.

I'm curious though how abuzz the internets would have been if the tea party had basically blocked and cajoled a liberal lawmaker attempting to go to work. I can't even imagine.

Wasn't it you who was pointing out how dangerous this type of thing was/can be?

I am.... shocked that you don't point out contemptable behaviour where you find it.

Scott SoCal said:
Tyranny? You must be out of your mind.

The public employee DEMANDS ridiculous compensation packages and the 'right' to collectively bargain for such things and the private sector MUST capitulate othewise the poor, oppressed, mis-treated worker will rise up to crush the tyranny. Right.

Hypocrit much? Tell me what your comments would have been had this demonstration cornered any liberal law maker casting a vote for nationalized healthcare.

Nationalized healthcare is taking from the kitty and putting it toward the benefit of the public domain. You have thus lapsed once again into a straw man argument, Scott SoCal.

When the government, led by the neoliberal capitalist ideology, stops bailing out the Wall Street banks and catering to the private medical insurance industries, then we can start talking about the “unreasonable” requests of State workers. Of course the most privileged class of State worker is the politician. It's ironic how you conservatives have no sense of proportion and refuse to see reality, when it goes against your interests. I don't think, consequently, that the private sector has suffered much, the major protagonists in it especially, over the past decades since Reaganomics and under the neoliberal regime, whereas the public one has been reduced to a pathetic carcass.

What does the right want to collectively bargain for? The diktat has ever been, cut, baby, cut! Your fired! We have given all the money to our associates, go home to your family and start over again.

I'd like to see the statistics of Openpolis on the US, which has, among other objectives, "to favor government transparency and facilitate governmental controls in the collective interest." I'm sure it would produce a desolate portrait of disorganization of the management of public resources, of useless meetings, of private deals cut behind the scenes, of illegitimate promotions, of unjustified hikes in salary for the privileged a là Halliburton within the international area, of public works left incomplete with inflated payments or else altogether abandoned so that bridges collapse. In short a photograph of a political class in America largely driven by private interests without competence and without even a modicum of a public ethic, moved by private business, favoratism and clientelism. Other then respect for the law and democracy. :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Nationalized healthcare is taking from the kitty and putting it toward the benefit of the public domain. You have thus lapsed once again into a straw man argument, Scott SoCal.

When the government, led by the neoliberal capitalist ideology, stops bailing out the Wall Street banks and catering to the private medical insurance industries, then we can start talking about the “unreasonable” requests of State workers. Of course the most privileged class of State worker is the politician. It's ironic how you conservatives have no sense of proportion and refuse to see reality, when it goes against your interests. I don't think, consequently, that the private sector has suffered much, the major protagonists in it especially, over the past decades since Reaganomics and under the neoliberal regime, whereas the public one has been reduced to a pathetic carcass.

What does the right want to collectively bargain for? The diktat has ever been, cut, baby, cut! Your fired! We have given all the money to our associates, go home to your family and start over again.

I'd like to see the statistics of Openpolis on the US, which has, among other objectives, "to favor government transparency and facilitate governmental controls in the collective interest." I'm sure it would produce a desolate portrait of disorganization of the management of public resources, of useless meetings, of illegitimate promotions, of unjustified hikes in salary for the privileged, of public works left incomplete with inflated payments. In short a photograph of a political class in America largely driven by private interests without competence and without even a modicum of a public ethic, moved by private business and clientelism. Other then respect for the law and democracy. :rolleyes:

Wow. A very sheltered life in your classroom you clearly lead.

Have you noticed what sector has born the brunt of the economic downturn? Have you bothered to look at who is jobless (in the US)? Public or private?

"I don't think the private sector has suffered much"..... spoken like someone who is ignorant and wholly dependent on that which he villifies.

Surprising? Not in the slightest.

BTW, what does "taking from the kitty" mean to you? What sector provides the kitty?

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
Marx predicted this inevitable outcome of capitalism a century and a half ago. That's why the economists of today can only admit that Karl was right. :p

Marx was only off 150 years?

..."the economists of today....." uh, all of them? Who knew.

I guess I better brush up on my Krugman.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Scott... You know the governor of wisconsin is just trying to muse Ronald Reagan..In his punked phone call he sited Reagan firing PATCO..He's trying to have his PATCO moment..""Isn't he cute,, he's just like Reagan""

Don't blather on about unfair teacher's compensation packages..Teachers didn't cause his budget problems, he did..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Scott... You know the governor of wisconsin is just trying to muse Ronald Reagan..In his punked phone call he sited Reagan firing PATCO..He's trying to have his PATCO moment..""Isn't he cute,, he's just like Reagan""

Don't blather on about unfair teacher's compensation packages..Teachers didn't cause his budget problems, he did..[/QUOTE]

Actually he didn't...he was just elected...

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:

Don't blather on about unfair teacher's compensation packages..Teachers didn't cause his budget problems, he did..

He who? The Gov of Wisconsin has been in office for how long?

BTW, it's not just teachers now is it?

Scott SoCal said:
Wow. A very sheltered life in your classroom you clearly lead.

Have you noticed what sector has born the brunt of the economic downturn? Have you bothered to look at who is jobless (in the US)? Public or private?

"I don't think the private sector has suffered much"..... spoken like someone who is ignorant and wholly dependent on that which he villifies.

Surprising? Not in the slightest.

BTW, what does "taking from the kitty" mean to you? What sector provides the kitty
?

I can't explain the obvious to someone as blind as you, also because you refuse to see. But of course the public does, even if you have natural antibodies to the concept of "public".

The demands of unionized workers extend far beyond those whose jobs are subsidized by the state. You know this as well as I do, Scott SoCal. Neoliberalism has, however, waged a mortal war against anything with either the word "social" in it, or else under the aegis of "workers representation" and workers rights.

Thus the economic protagonists and those with the most capital to buy concessions for their interests in government are determined to destroy any resistance to their plans, which is nothing less than the total subjugation of the State. And they are succeeding.

This is not the idea of civility, nor democracy, that I have ever held. They are the danger to the collective wellbeing not a few state workers making a protest to fight for their jobs, however “unreasonable” their requests may seem to you. Besides their has always been ample opportunity in the private job market right? At least that's what the gurus of neoliberalism have always preached to us.

And even if their demands seem unreasonable, sometimes what appears unreasonable is in reality set against a whole mountain of unjust decisions that have led to the conflict in the first place. The discrepancy between the powers of the employer and the employed in America is practically at the level of the Chinese worker with respect to his boss, for which everything is lopsided and in favor of the minority. This does not speak at all highly of the relationship between wealth and power in the US democracy.

Though before we can expect workers to behave more reasonably, I think we should seriously consider the gargantuan sums that investment bankers make in their year end bonuses alone. Or the amount of money an excessively small minority of business tycoons holds in relation to the GNP, a gap which has been steadily growing since the 50's and this in considerable measure from Regan to today. Herein lies the real problem, not the wildly paranoid and egocentric concerns of the conservative establishment.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
TRDean said:
redtreviso said:

Don't blather on about unfair teacher's compensation packages..Teachers didn't cause his budget problems, he did..[/QUOTE]

Actually he didn't...he was just elected...

ummm actually....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpUWM1EtJCs

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
I can't explain the obvious to someone as blind as you, also because you refuse to see. But of course the public does, even if you have natural antibodies to the concept of "public".

The demands of unionized workers extend far beyond those whose jobs are subsidized by the state. You know this as well as I do, Scott SoCal. Neoliberalism has, however, waged a mortal war against anything with either the word "social" in it, or else under the aegis of "workers representation" and workers rights.

Thus the economic protagonists and those with the most capital to buy concessions for their interests in government are determined to destroy any resistance to their plans, which is nothing less than the total subjugation of the State. And they are succeeding.

This is not the idea of civility, nor democracy, that I have ever held. They are the danger to the collective wellbeing not a few state workers making a protest to fight for their jobs, however “unreasonable” their requests may seem to you. Besides their has always been ample opportunity in the private job market right? At least that's what the gurus of neoliberalism have always preached to us.

And even if their demands seem unreasonable, sometimes what appears unreasonable is in reality set against a whole mountain of unjust decisions that have led to the conflict in the first place. The discrepancy between the powers of the employer and the employed in America is practically at the level of the Chinese worker with respect to his boss, for which everything is lopsided and in favor of the minority. This does not speak at all highly of the relationship between wealth and power in the US democracy.

Though before we can expect workers to behave more reasonably, I think we should seriously consider the gargantuan sums that investment bankers make in their year end bonuses alone. Or the amount of money an excessively small minority of business tycoons holds in relation to the GNP, a gap which has been steadily growing since the 50's and this in considerable measure from Regan to today. Herein lies the real problem, not the wildly paranoid and egocentric concerns of the conservative establishment.

Oh, I see. The public sector priovides the public kitty.

I now understand why you argue what you argue.

How come you guys aren't railing against Cuomo proposals in New York? Mayor Taveras (threatening to) fire all teachers in Providence...... Brown's proposed education cuts in Cali?

Michael Moore has declared this country to be flush with cash... I'm confused.

Scott SoCal said:
Oh, I see. The public sector priovides the public kitty.

I now understand why you argue what you argue.

How come you guys aren't railing against Cuomo proposals in New York? Mayor Taveras (threatening to) fire all teachers in Providence...... Brown's proposed education cuts in Cali?

Michael Moore has declared this country to be flush with cash... I'm confused.

It's what we call taxation with representation. That should clarify things a bit for you old boy.

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
It's what we call taxation with representation. That should clarify things a bit for you old boy.

Oh, so that what it's called.

So then when our representatives vote in a way to limit a workers 'right' to collectively bargain we should be able to accept this, right? Unless of course when our reps leave the state effectively shutting down the state govt.

Are those the representatives you speak of?

BTW, where does the taxed monies come from? Since I know you won't answer a direct question I'll fill in the blanks for you. Money to tax comes from the creation of wealth. That would be the private sector, old boy.

So, if you are keeping score at home we have the private sector bearing the brunt of the economic downturn while the public sector does not. To make matters even more interesting, the public sector unions act like 12 year old girls who's parent has taken their cell phone away when asked for help.

So the score remains; Public Workers 2, Private Worker 0.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Gov Scott Walker talks to his boss.or his daddy.. ""DADDY!! I'M A UNION BUSTER JUST LIKE RONNIE REAGAN""

At the end the Faux David Koch says "after you crush these ba**rds I'll bring you out to Cali and show you a good time"..

Is child prostitution legal in Cali? A republican resort near your house Scott?

http://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=5045

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
Gov Scott Walker talks to his boss.or his daddy.. ""DADDY!! I'M A UNION BUSTER JUST LIKE RONNIE REAGAN""

At the end the Faux David Koch says "after you crush these ba**rds I'll bring you out to Cali and show you a good time"..

Is child prostitution legal in Cali? A republican resort near your house Scott?

http://www.buffalobeast.com/?p=5045

You do realize I live in The Peoples Republic of California, right?

A

Anonymous

redtreviso said:
And worship at the altar of Dana Rohrabacher and Darryl Issa.. That California?

Naw. I can't think of a politician I even trust, much less worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.