• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds Copenhagen 2011

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Sophistic said:
No mistake, an anaerobic affair needs to last longer. For example 100-200m sprinters focus purely on speed, while 400m runners already do a lot of intense anaerobic work. The whole climb was done by DeAumere in 30s, thats just the point when you start to feel it, Cav should be able to do it in less.

Right, I see what you're saying. I didn't know that. I should ask the google to clear the anaerobic thing up for me.

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sophistic said:
DeAumere avg close to 60km/h for the last 300m

How did you come up with this number? I've watched and timed the finish over and over, and it doesn't seem to be the case. It's not all that clear when the riders pass the 300m sign, but for the average speed to be 60 km/h it should be 18 seconds before they cross the finish line. In reality, it's closer to 25, which translates to roughly 50 km/h for the final 300m.

The last 200 meters are done in pretty much exactly 13 seconds = 55.4 km/h.

The only problem with Greipel is he has not competed in so many one day races. He lost to Wagner at the German RR!!!
The problem for Cav is even if he is in top form so is everyone else. And even though GB have good track experience they shall have to ride for a long time on the front then somehow lead Cav through all the road traffic and have a sizeable lead out so he is not boxed in by bigger riders.

TRENDING THREADS