• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Would you go on a training ride with Lance A. ?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The Hitch said:
Id cycle with him and be nice. Get a picture taken of course. Then at the end give him a paper with a number on it, and tell him to deposit $2000 to the bank account written on the paper within 24 hours, or i tell the press that he confessed to me all about his drug use during the ride.

I figure its worth a try, no?

Surely there's easier ways to get blocked by @lancearmstrong?

A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
Surely there's easier ways to get blocked by @lancearmstrong?

yup.. talk to me.. gets you blocked in no time at all :D

Im so proud that Scott Lemond has a twibbon :D

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I would ride with him. I mean, if he shows up for one of my training rides I wouldnt care. Same way I do not care if any other Pro is part of my group ride. After all his teammate Chris Horner is regular at one of my weekly rides.

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a hard time answering this question. I have a love-hate relationship with sports and sports stars in general. I'm not into hero worship, especially of sporting people, but I do recognize hard work and talent. I have the cancer thing in common with the guy so on that level I would like to have a conversation with him, plus we both like to ride bikes. But, other than that, probably could care less. Seriously doubt we would be friends and pretty sure our personalities do not match. I can spot an a$$hole and a bu!!$h1tter a mile away.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
JediTimbob said:
As long as he can ride a steady line and take his turn at the front like everyone else... then yes, I would go on such a ride. :D

I am with u, why not ride with him as long as he follows the normal rules.But if I go down a pothole while he is on the front.Oi Lance u c**t shout them out for f**ks sake..

Apr 12, 2009
Visit site
I guess everybody would?
Fan boys to declare their endless love to him.
Haters to finally talk dirty directly in his face.
At least they should.

Few people here really wouldn't care. He's one of the biggest cyclist in recent history...

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
stainlessguy1 said:
I am curious to know , given the extreem opposition i have received in recent posts , considering what Lance is going thru with his career , would you as a cyclist go on a training ride with Lance ?
I am not talking paying to ride with him , just cyclist to cyclist , just as we all sometimes meet other cyclists on the road and ride together for a while .
Would you ride with Lance ? :cool:

Yes I would ride with him and take a camera into the loo to check how many nuts he still has some say none some say one but who has a photo.

but realy I think he is to far up himself.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
brianf7 said:
Yes I would ride with him and take a camera into the loo to check how many nuts he still has some say none some say one but who has a photo.

but realy I think he is to far up himself.

He has a false one so they say.You would probably have to give them a squeeze to check.

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather go on a ride with WonderLance to to hear his latest screed, but then I'd probably fall off my bike laughing. At least he'd be entertaining.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
of course that won't happen.
they are warriors of the internet,face to face they shiit themselves.like that pricc in tour of luxembourg last year.
"-booooooooooooooooooooo
-come and say it right in my face
-ok time to run the fucc away"
That guy was great. He even gave an encore at the Tour. Lancie-poo was fuming!

What a hero. Screw Armstrong, I'd ride with that guy.

jens_attacks said:
they are warriors of the internet,face to face they shiit themselves.like that pricc in tour of luxembourg last year.
"-booooooooooooooooooooo

Nope Lance was the real coward. It took more ba!!s to denounce LA publicly, than for LA to respond in public with plaudits in situ in his usual bullying way.

I'd have responded with something along these lines: "Perhaps you Lance have more fear in making the challange, than I have in hearing it." And then walked away. ;)

PS: But then again I wouldn't have been there in the first place. I have no interest in riding with LA.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
goggalor said:
That guy was great. He even gave an encore at the Tour. Lancie-poo was fuming!

What a hero. Screw Armstrong, I'd ride with that guy.

Same here, The guy that booed Lance is cool, and I'd rather go for a training ride with somebody like that anyday day of the week.

If I had the choice of a training spin with somebody from the world of pro cycle racing it would be Greame obree or Robert Millar and definatley not Lance.

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
"-booooooooooooooooooooo

The hatewarriors would polish his baba....bike after getting an autograph and a sniff.
Everything they do they would do it with a lowered head, totally ashamed, and crawling away from Lord Lance, to return to the clinic fully cured then.

fanboys would stay on distance with respect and just soak up Lance like the sun.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
The hatewarriors would polish his baba....bike after getting an autograph and a sniff.
Everything they do they would do it with a lowered head, totally ashamed, and crawling away from Lord Lance, to return to the clinic fully cured then.

fanboys would stay on distance with respect and just soak up Lance like the sun.

This is probably true , its different when a person is face to face with the man , and not hiding behind a computer . Then there would be the most polite bunch of Lance haters you have ever seen . :cool::cool:

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Autobus said:
I'd rather go on a ride with WonderLance to to hear his latest screed, but then I'd probably fall off my bike laughing. At least he'd be entertaining.

WL and Polish are good because they are funny but training with the other fanboys would bore you to death.

Lance, i dunno - maybe train with him out of curiosity.

TRENDING THREADS