• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Yes!5 more itt kms in the Tour 2012!

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Well that's it. She show's over. Tony Martin's gonna win it for sure now.

On a more serious note - I wonder if Andy is crying into Bruynel's shoulder right now

I don't think Andy Schleck is physically incapable of being at least a decent TTer, I think it's a matter of focus and work ethics. If Bruynel strapped him to a training bike in a wind channel all winter long I don't think it's unthinkable that he could do a top10-ish TT during the Tour.
If he was left to do his own thing, he might as well skip the Tour and try his luck in the Giro or Vuelta...

spalco said:
I don't think Andy Schleck is physically incapable of being at least a decent TTer, I think it's a matter of focus and work ethics. If Bruynel strapped him to a training bike in a wind channel all winter long I don't think it's unthinkable that he could do a top10-ish TT during the Tour.
If he was left to do his own thing, he might as well skip the Tour and try his luck in the Giro or Vuelta...

Have you ever seen him on a TT bike? It hurts your eyes. I don't know if it's a lack of training that gives him that awful position, or if his body's just not made for it, I just know it's not nice at all to look at.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
the3verB said:
The little boss will top 10 in the two long itts.

it s not a bad news for him.

Even if somehow he did top10 in those two TT's he would still probably lose time to wiggins, mechov and evans, so it is bad news.

LaFlorecita said:
Have you ever seen him on a TT bike? It hurts your eyes. I don't know if it's a lack of training that gives him that awful position, or if his body's just not made for it, I just know it's not nice at all to look at.
I guess he doesn't find stretching a desirable form of training (who does?), but it's essential to achieve a good TT position. His position looks awful indeed.

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Froome19 said:
Even if somehow he did top10 in those two TT's he would still probably lose time to wiggins, mechov and evans, so it is bad news.

Exactly, and its not like Andy is a bad TT anyways, he is a pure climber and everybody thinks he has to be amazing at TT because he is a GC contender. How come guys like J-Rod, Basso, and Scarponi don't get thrown under the bus by you guys because they can't TT like other top GC contenders. Andy rode a good final TT in the TDF last year, as well as in 2010, Evans just rode amazing in that TT.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Unkown said:
Exactly, and its not like Andy is a bad TT anyways, he is a pure climber and everybody thinks he has to be amazing at TT because he is a GC contender. How come guys like J-Rod, Basso, and Scarponi don't get thrown under the bus by you guys because they can't TT like other top GC contenders. Andy rode a good final TT in the TDF last year, as well as in 2010, Evans just rode amazing in that TT.

Maybe because Andy insists on only riding the TDF, where it's practically impossible to win without a good TT.