• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

"You want a rider?"

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Franck Bouyer who was struck down with an illness 3 years ago is on the comeback trail. His rehabilitation drug was on the banned list so he couldn't compete therefore he retired temporarily. He's now back and ready to race. On Page 28 of December 2009 ProCycling magazine Franck commented on Lance's comeback.

He stated: "At the age of 35, I was afraid I that I might be right off the pace but that hasn't been the case. I've been able to follow but I've haven't enjoyed the experience. I've never been in a position to win. But I wasn't expecting a miracle."

he goes on to say in reference to Armstrong:

"He's out for three and half years, comes back, breaks his collarbone, but he then takes on the Giro and finish on the podium at the Tour. I don't know what to make of that! But what did reassure me at the Vuelta was seeing Vinokourov blowing up. After two years suspension, he's not the same rider."

Well said Franck looks like you're one of the only ones in the peleton to tell it like it is. Or at least say what everyone is thinking.

Ever heard of a link?

Sprocket01

BANNED
Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
Like I said, thehog is not one of these people who thinks everyone is using a doping secret code everytime they compare themselves with Armstrong or other riders. In fact the pros don't often talk like that because they know it's not that simple. All this doping code stuff is very much the preserve of the newbs on the web who are obsessed with it.

Franck Bouyer didn't win seven tours. Armstrong did, and he dropped down to third. Different riders work at different levels. Obvious really.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Sprocket01, is it so difficult not to talk about doping here?

There is the clinic for that and for a very good reason as your clueless posts have pointed out.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
peloton said:
Sprocket01, is it so difficult not to talk about doping here?

There is the clinic for that and for a very good reason as your clueless posts have pointed out.

Sprocket01 is obsessed with doping, perhaps that is why his favorite rider is Armstrong?

A

Anonymous

considers mentioning doping just to get the thread closed..

then again this thread is great, its keeping all the crap nicely enclosed a handful of pages..

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
so if i slap you round the head with a fish in 2005, 2009, and 2010, how many years in that time have a not slapped you round the head with a fish..?
Mmmm.....fish....
So what is the recommended species "conversing" with sprocket? Personally I find that a moderate sized albacore can give a particularly satisfying thunk when impacting the cranium.

A

Anonymous

rata de sentina said:
Mmmm.....fish....
So what is the recommended species "conversing" with sprocket? Personally I find that a moderate sized albacore can give a particularly satisfying thunk when impacting the cranium.

is albacore renewable..? youve got to be careful nowadays.. we dont want over fishing going on..

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
Ever heard of a magazine? like ones made out of paper and not electronic format? I stated this within the footnotes of the body text. Loser.

My mistake you did, I didn't read it well. sorry. Called you out about it on the wrong post.

Besides that, this is the second time you've blatantly abused me on this forum. Rules don't apply to you? Still can't face up to sept 5th? Desperate for more belief in yourself as an 'insider'? I'll look forward to your apology and explanation.

rata de sentina said:
Mmmm.....fish....

Albacore?
I was thinking that salmon would be more effective, especially as I was going to recommend we use the tinned variety. That should give a more than satisfactory impact.:eek:
After all, Sprocket has done nothing but go on fishing expeditions around here, using his favourite bait of the old red herring.;)

rata de sentina said:
Mmmm.....fish....

When I was a kid, dad would take me fishing for perch, actually I think they were bluegill, they had these sharp spines along their top fins, had to be careful when grasping the slippery baz-duds to remove hooks.

Bet those spines would get one's attention....

progressor said:
Still can't face up to sept 5th? Desperate for more belief in yourself as an 'insider'? I'll look forward to your apology and explanation.

craig1985 said:
Funny how about some ask you about September 5 and you go all quiet.

I have this tingly feeling that i missed something on September 5th? Would someone kindly fill in the blanks as to what September 5th and The Hog have in common?

Did we miss his birthday or something?:rolleyes:

he's all class is he not?

http://www.albertocontador.com/blog.php

Less than a week ago, I got back from vacation and now I’m eager to clarify my future once and for all, because I’m returning with a strong desire to start planning next season, thinking about preparation, training, the calendar and the goals for 2010 aside from the Tour, of course.

I want to start working immediately because this year’s going to be different, since I’m going to have new equipment, new kit and new bikes, which won’t be easy after being used to Trek for several years, because I’m very happy with all the technical sponsors that I’ve had and I’m very grateful to them. They’ve been with me during the greatest victories of my career, and that’s been very important.

Soon I’ll have to change many things and adapt to new ones, starting with the bike, but I’ll never forget the work that they’ve done for me. I hope that their memories of me are as good as mine are of them.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
off the bike: That just might put him up there as the all time leader in w@naker, Tosser, punter yank ever. not a fan

on the bike: still a fan