• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Raining High 63F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 100%
DSCF3079.JPG

The Polar Vortex continues to keep us in a deep freeze. Bitter cold temperatures, biting winds, and snow piled on top of snow on top of snow. With more to come. The extended forecast was the same.

I saw a map recently showing global warming. Or at least temperature changes across the globe. I'd say 70% of it was slightly warmer than historical average. 20% was average. 9% was much warmer than normal. And there was this little sliver showing were it was colder, and much colder than average. An area between about Detroit, and Boston. And my area was in one of those deep blue dots.

Still raining here, very heavy wind gusts... since I refuse to ride in this I'll just have to clean my bikes' drivertrains and chains. Even on days off a girl's gotta keep busy somehow.

(Also have to check my car tire pressure, have a feeling I'm riding a bit low. My gas mileage has been ****e as of late, at any rate.)

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Storm-photo_zpse14eb120.jpg

Reminds me of the days where I would just sit and watch the weather with a serious fit of depression.

You should come up with a edit like the one I found on the interwebs from when I was living in SovietCanada! :D

Tricycle Rider said:
Still raining here, very heavy wind gusts... since I refuse to ride in this I'll just have to clean my bikes' drivertrains and chains. Even on days off a girl's gotta keep busy somehow.

(Also have to check my car tire pressure, have a feeling I'm riding a bit low. My gas mileage has been ****e as of late, at any rate.)

This is when it's nice to have a indoor trainer....can still spin out the miles. :)
Luckily we've had a pretty mild winter as far as snow and high winds goes. Cold doesn't really matter - just bundle up real good.

Jspear said:
This is when it's nice to have a indoor trainer....can still spin out the miles. :)
Those are a bit pricey, though, aren't they?

It was chillier than I thought it would be riding down by the river earlier today, but at least the wind gusts and rain (the latter I don't mind so much) are gone for now. I was pushing so hard on the pedals, man, I saw STARS! (My legs felt like lead afterward, but what the hay, it felt good at the time.)

Tricycle Rider said:
Those are a bit pricey, though, aren't they?

It was chillier than I thought it would be riding down by the river earlier today, but at least the wind gusts and rain (the latter I don't mind so much) are gone for now. I was pushing so hard on the pedals, man, I saw STARS! (My legs felt like lead afterward, but what the hay, it felt good at the time.)

Ya they can be...anywhere from $200-1000. They're worth it in my opinion, but they never replace riding outside...for me, just during those raining/icy days.

Anyone else here ever wrap their feet in aluminum foil when it's really cold? It does actually work. It's like a cheap alternative to booties. :)

Mar 16, 2009
Jspear said:
Krebs the weather where you live is just about perfect temperature wise. I'm almost jealous, but then I look at the wind speeds...seems to be a little to windy there most of the time. :) What body of water is that?

That's the Pacific Ocean. the wind does blow here on the coast. but the wind blowing off the ocean keeps the temps mild in the summer. today however we have the devil winds blowing off the desert these are the winds that cause the massive USA wildfires in San Diego and Los Angeles Counties. I would like to farm some the wind along with some solar for electric power.

Mar 16, 2009
Friday
Sunny. High near 80F. Winds NNE at 5 to 10 mph. Stronger winds in and below canyons and passes.

whales%2520route.jpg

It's a pity I can't see whales from my house. Well with a telescope I guess.
I have seen them from the road whilst driving.

Mar 16, 2009
mewmewmew13 said:
Krebbie you need to construct a tall tower for viewing and drinks on your property :D

029.JPG

Right off the deck mew. Grilling and dancing under the moonlight. Got the big stereo. ready to go

Just below the deck the the Grotto. We put the grill on wheels so it's very portable.

260wmk8.png

TRENDING THREADS