• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 37 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
no fireworks ban here. bottle rockets, skyrockets, m-80's firecrackers.it will be mayhem on the beach

Friday 07/03
Abundant sunshine. High around 80F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.

10393972_10203576532480915_3382566647021620438_n.jpg

Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
Boise and Ada County have had firework restrictions for a long time, but I bet that enforcement will be strict this year. All of the forest areas (state, fed, BLM...) have firework bans. I hope that people use their heads!
I hope so, too!

Well, hope you have a happy and safe 4th tomorrow, and the rest of you Yankees out there as well!

Back on the local weather topic - another broken record here in my town today (100F/37C), am still off the bike. This is killing me... guess I'll have to go and clean the grill for tomorrow's bbq (will have fire extinguisher and water hose ready for this event), or something stupid like that.

Still hot and stuffy, still off the bike... we did have a mild earthquake in my area earlier this morning, though.

It was only a 4.2, I had no idea what it was when it happened. (Thought it was a couple of semi trucks who got dropped down from the sky, am not familiar with the feel of earthquakes very much.)

Anyhoo, will disassemble the bike now... can't really paint it yet because of the heat. But at least I hope to get the prep work done. (Now that the 4th of July bbq is all over and done with.)

Right now it's about 77F, it's supposed to be 97F later today. Won't somebody take this heat away, pretty please? :(

At least I managed to take apart, clean, paint, and mostly put my bike back together early this morning (also managed to break my chain breaker - ugh!)...

If you squint (or take off your glasses), and see it in just the right light it almost looks like the Bianchi Celeste color. Almost. (I'm still not perfectly happy with the color, but am not about to spend a ton of money on having the color custom mixed. Local store's spray paint will just have to do for now.)

no%20bianchi.jpg

Re:

jmdirt said:
Holy crapola! It was 88 (coolest day in weeks), then all of a sudden BLACK clouds rolled in bringing torrential rain, 40 mph winds, and within 15 minutes it has dropped to 68! The trails will have new ruts tomorrow, but they won't be dusty. :0
Ruts, struts, whatever... you've gotta go riding while the temp is down (summer is still young, after all), right? :cool:

Still 91F in my area today (still off the bike), but by tomorrow it's supposed to be 85, and by the weekend it's supposed to go down into the upper 70s. I can't wait!

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
Holy crapola! It was 88 (coolest day in weeks), then all of a sudden BLACK clouds rolled in bringing torrential rain, 40 mph winds, and within 15 minutes it has dropped to 68! The trails will have new ruts tomorrow, but they won't be dusty. :0
Ruts, struts, whatever... you've gotta go riding while the temp is down (summer is still young, after all), right? :cool:

Still 91F in my area today (still off the bike), but by tomorrow it's supposed to be 85, and by the weekend it's supposed to go down into the upper 70s. I can't wait!

During the heat wave I've been getting out early before it gets too hot. Having some moisture in the trails for a few days will be nice!

jmdirt said:
Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:

During the heat wave I've been getting out early before it gets too hot. Having some moisture in the trails for a few days will be nice!
Have a cool (and safe) ride, man! :cool:

Update: It rained one inch in one hour. For coastal areas that might not seem like much, but for Boise that's a LOT! Downtown had flooding because the storm system can't handle that much rain in that short amount of time. There were also trees and or power lines down around town. I didn't have any flooding, and my 100+ year old elms are still standing so I'm happy about that.

Re:

jmdirt said:
Update: It rained one inch in one hour. For coastal areas that might not seem like much, but for Boise that's a LOT! Downtown had flooding because the storm system can't handle that much rain in that short amount of time. There were also trees and or power lines down around town. I didn't have any flooding, and my 100+ year old elms are still standing so I'm happy about that.
Is everything still ok in your parts? (If so, I'd love to see a piccy of your elms. :))

Windy here right now, about 77F, it tried to rain. (Goddamit, I'd love to see some real and actual rain, it's been too long! :mad: )

Tricycle Rider said:
jmdirt said:
Is everything still ok in your parts? (If so, I'd love to see a piccy of your elms. :))

Windy here right now, about 77F, it tried to rain. (Goddamit, I'd love to see some real and actual rain, it's been too long! :mad: )

I'll take a pic of the elms and send it your way!

It's currently about 70F-ish, wind is still, and it got uncomfortably dark about halfway through my 10k ride along the river - I just came back from it.

Didn't encounter anything besides a whole bunch of nighttime insects, some dog walkers, and a whole bunch of skateboard punks. The latter two were cool (we respected each other's space), but the insects were another story.

Anyhoo, I'm just glad I didn't have a mechanical, and I must say this ride was a thrill of a whole different variety.

Overcast, about 75F, a bit of a breeze, it's trying to rain. (Am seriously jonesing for rain now... it's been weeks since it has rained in this area, the air feels dirty and dusty.)

Had to ever so slowly maneuver my way through a bunch of Canadian geese on the trail, they were hissing at me as I was riding through. I nearly crapped my pants.

Re: wish

ebandit said:
I wish!......here in the UK it's either raining....just stopped raining.....or

looking like it's about to rain...........

Mark L
We're used to a lot of rain here in western Oregon, and when the rain doesn't come for long periods of time some of us (well alrighty, me) get depressed.

And on that note...

Still in the middle of a heatwave here (not quite the record-breaking 106F we had a couple of days ago, but it's still unusually hot and dry)... don't even know how people in places like Texas put up with this crap on a regular basis.

Naturally my biggest concern is - will this heat mess up my wheels? :(

PS - You can have our sun and heat, by all means, please take it!

Right, now that the road has cooled off a bit I can finally take the doggie out for a walk. (He doesn't know any better, it's up to us doggie owners to make sure their paws aren't getting fried when the road gets too hot.)

It may be dark out there, but what the hell... let's go and do it, doggie!

TRENDING THREADS