• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Here in lovely southeastern Michigan (Detroit specifically), yesterday we had unseasonably warm temps and occasional sunshine (50+ degrees) for February! We awoke this morning to a light dusting of snow on our cars and streets and temps in the 30's. February is usually our fiercest month of winter. So far for us it's been a quite mild winter. Unfortunately for me I've been sick the past 2 weeks with only recently a dim light visible at the end the tunnel health wise. I'm hoping to get out on my bike Saturday weather and health permitting considering I recently bought a nice pair of winter cycling boots during one of the local shop's sales.

Angliru said:
Here in lovely southeastern Michigan (Detroit specifically), yesterday we had unseasonably warm temps and occasional sunshine (50+ degrees) for February! We awoke this morning to a light dusting of snow on our cars and streets and temps in the 30's. February is usually our fiercest month of winter. So far for us it's been a quite mild winter. Unfortunately for me I've been sick the past 2 weeks with only recently a dim light visible at the end the tunnel health wise. I'm hoping to get out on my bike Saturday weather and health permitting considering I recently bought a nice pair of winter cycling boots during one of the local shop's sales.
Now, cycling boots are essential in the Winter. Unless you lived in a pretty dodgy housing estate in south Edinburgh when I did my miles. Oh the *** abuse I got. Still wore them though!!

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Abundant sunshine. High 68F.

10393972_10203576532480915_3382566647021620438_n.jpg

Grumble- grumble... much fog in my area this morning. But by afternoon the fog had cleared and I had seen some actual sunshine for a couple of days now.

While form is still terribly awful I just had to go out for a ride. And lo and behold - the legs didn't feel nearly as terrible anymore thanks to the sunshine! :D

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Haha when I answer this question it is already spring. The weather became warmer nice. Spring is a season for cycling, neither cold nor hot. But there will be annoying catkins. I have an appointment with friends on weekends to ride it!

Why do I even look at the daily forecast?! :confused: :mad: Zero percent chance of rain, nothing on the radar...soaking Fn wet ride!! :mad: The two questions are: 1) why do I continue to look at the daily forecast, 2) why do they bother because they are really poor at predicting when there are actually weather events in the area.

Wasn't it Lesslie Nielson who said that there is a 50% chance, but only a 10% chance of that?

Glenn_Wilson said:
So far around 14 inch's of Rain. Where I'm currently at. Houston Tx.

Forecast says around 8 more inch's today. Need a boat.
I'll gladly take your rain here in Oregon, if we don't get more rain here soon I can kiss another (inflatable) kayaking season good-bye. (The water level will be too low for riding.)

For the last couple of days it's been sunny and in the mid-80s here... where the frickety frick is the rain?! :mad: :(

TRENDING THREADS