• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Your local weather

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Brullnux said:
It's very hot. It's too hot. It's been around 30 degrees celsius, no wind and 50-70% humidity for four days now. In Britain, that is dangerously long. The swans have melted, and 99 flakes are being used as ransom. The ginger population has been severely affected. Sales of Pimms has gone though the roof. I've had to put water in the fridge between meals - I've never had to do that before in the UK. Trains are windowless death traps. O 20 degrees and quick showers, how sorry I am to have complained about you, and how much i miss you now!

Joking aside, it's hotter than I've ever experienced in this country for such a long period.

Im glad its changed now, that was a seriously hot 5 days we had, hottest June temperatures since the 70's I believe? I made the stupid decision to go and play golf on Sunday. Regretted it after 4 holes when the sweat was pouring, got home and slept for 2 hours in my chair with the fan on full blast at my face! :lol:

Not cool, not cool at all. :mad:

IMG_0514.jpg

Its been too hot this summer here! Its been over 90 F since mid June with many days 98-103 F. While we've had a few cool evenings here and there, it been in the high 60s and low 70s F quite a bit which isn't enough to cool things down. I was trying to do a few things in the yard this afternoon, but quit because I was roasting (101 F).

Edit: 91 F at 10:00 PM.

Re:

sir fly said:
Not exactly local, more like region.
A satellite image of the smoking hot Adriatic coast
1936656813596dd24bc6b66085073530_v4_big.jpg
That actually looks a bit perturbing, it makes me think of a boat or ship you're trying to pump some unwanted water out of.

Over here the weather has been hot and dry (high 80s F, no rain), can barely sleep at night in this damn heat. Lots of forest fires in the region as well, any time now I expect to smell some soot.

Re: Re:

Tricycle Rider said:
That actually looks a bit perturbing, it makes me think of a boat or ship you're trying to pump some unwanted water out of.

Over here the weather has been hot and dry (high 80s F, no rain), can barely sleep at night in this damn heat. Lots of forest fires in the region as well, any time now I expect to smell some soot.
Yeah... We're pumping out unwanted elements...

Three days of long sleeves here, believe it or not.
But already from the weekend we'll be back in high thirties of Celsius.

About 102F here right now, very hazy and foggy air due to all the wildfires going around. The South Willamette Valley is like a bowl that traps everything, no way am I riding in this crap. (Good luck out there to all the firefighters who are currently fighting the wildfires!)

Haven't seen rain in weeks now, I'll be jumping up and down like a little girl once it actually does rain.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
....perfect day / awesome timing, got a push out and a push back home today....yippee....big chain ring all the way....just drained now but grinning like a fool...

Cheers

Wheeeee, it's eclipse day!

I'm in the path of 98-99% totality, so should get a decent glimpse. It's funny because on the WeatherNation channel they usually have an emoji to show what kind of sun we'll be having (full, overcast, that kind of thing), today they're showing no sun at all. I guess it's a reminder... with all the hype I can't imagine anyone would forget it's eclipse day.

Otherwise it'll be around 88F, so that's pretty normal summer weather here.

Yeah, does not look good for the Texas gulf coast.

Weather in New England has turned nice, after many days in a row of rather humid, sometimes hot weather that belongs in Virginia. Have a metric century ride I'm going on this Saturday, and it's supposed to be like 60 at the start. Nice.

It's supposed to be about 96F here today, the air is very, very bad from all the wildfires in the surrounding Oregon areas.

Took this piccy from where I'm currently house-sitting... normally you'd see an industrial complex between the trees in the background, but due to all the smog you can't see anything. (I actually reached out for my albuterol inhaler for the first time in a very long time, it's a bit difficult to breathe at the moment.)

2vs0lep.jpg

Please let it rain soon, pretty please?

For the first time in many weeks it has finally rained here a bit - yay!

The air has been so bad here for almost a week due to all the wildfires people were advised to wear masks if they absolutely had to be outside. (It looked like Beijing around here.) For Labor Day most people's holiday plans were scrapped - no way you could have a barbecue in the backyard, or go camping because you may have been asked/ordered to evacuate. So every little bit of rain helps, it may rain some more later today. Double yay!

It was about 42F here this morning, brrrrrrrr! Fall is definitely here.

The place I'm house-sitting at has a lake in front of it, there was all this fog or steam coming up from the water. It looked kinda spooky, The Hound of Baskervilles in the marshes type of spooky, I mean.

At least the lawn sprinklers can be turned off now, so that's a good thing.