• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Étoile de Bessèges 2023 (February 1-5)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Think so.
They're short of ambulances. Can't risk having another crash without medical assistance.

I understand that but how does this not happen more often then? It's pretty common 2 riders need to go to the hospital after a crash right?

I'm assuming the Equipo Pharma guy was hurt pretty badly (but my guess is that he was moving as no other rider seemed to help him immediately).
Also a Lotto guy, but he was definitely moving (Grignard I think).

Reactions: Sandisfan
Think so.
They're short of ambulances. Can't risk having another crash without medical assistance.

Hope that's the only reason... coz I can think of one other race when the race got completely neutralised to the finish - not just until everything got sorted - because of a crash...

That was my 3rd vaccine, and thats the last COVID related vaccine Ill ever take.

My 3rd vaccine was also the last COVID related vaccine I'll ever take. But that's just because I'm way too young to get it for free, and I'm way too cheap to pay for it.

I understand that but how does this not happen more often then? It's pretty common 2 riders need to go to the hospital after a crash right?
I really have no idea, but I trust the race directors.
Perhaps the nature of the roads played a part? I remember during a Giro stage a couple of years ago they had to stop the race for some time due to ambulances and other race vehicles being stuck behind the crash.

I reacted horribly on my vaccines. First off I was just flat out feeling incredibly ill the first two days, and afterwards I was feeling tired for an entire month. Like, no joke, whole of May I was pretty useless. I remember I got home and just laid in bed watching the Giro, and the Giro was so incredibly tame, so that didn't really make anything better. I felt like a zombie and was constantly drained

That was my 3rd vaccine, and thats the last COVID related vaccine Ill ever take.

So yeah, to make a point: Fuglsang is a rider who most often has an excuse for everything (and its not him being good enough), but that one might be legit.

How well were you feeling the day after your vaccines?

Nothing after my first one, went on a +3 hour ride less than 24 hours later. A bit of back pain when I got my 2nd one and the 3rd one had me feel ill for a day, lower back pain, always cold and stuff like that. Still went skiing on that day with my dad and going outside actually made things better. Yeah, but atm I'm not getting another one because I got Covid anyway (only had a bit of a cold) and right now there's no real incentive for me to get it.

That said, some people that I know really felt like crap even after the first shot while others didn't feel anything.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Why wasn’t anyone (other riders) helping him? Maybe at that moment everyone was still focused on their own injuries? But you would think he would be shouting, “Ugh, guys — a little help here.” I know the drop isn’t to far but would still cause injury if he didn’t land on his feet?

I reacted horribly on my vaccines. First off I was just flat out feeling incredibly ill the first two days, and afterwards I was feeling tired for an entire month. Like, no joke, whole of May I was pretty useless. I remember I got home and just laid in bed watching the Giro, and the Giro was so incredibly tame, so that didn't really make anything better. I felt like a zombie and was constantly drained

So yeah, to make a point: Fuglsang is a rider who most often has an excuse for everything (and its not him being good enough), but that one might be legit.
hmm, two went well, but one went bad so you're done?

in case anyone needs a new avatar:

arnaud-de-lie-of-belgium-and-team-lotto-dstny-celebrates-at-podium-as-yellow-points-jersey.webp

TRENDING THREADS