• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

104TH LIÈGE-BASTOGNE-LIÈGE 1.UWT April 22nd, 2018

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I have never seen a national championships' jersey be represented as poorly as the British has been by Cummings the last year.

I think his presence on the team is absolutely inexclicable in a race such as this.

How he never does anything but sit at the absolute last position in the bunch, living off his spring two years ago is disgraceful.

Gigs_98 said:
Bot. Sky_Bot said:
Gigs_98 said:
Can't wait for Dan Martin to get dropped on la redoute
? What's is wrong with Martin, in your opinion?
I don't dislike Martin but four days ago he got dropped on the penultimate ascent of the Mur. He just doesn't have the shape to win here right now but still UAE rides like they have the fahorite in their team again
Martin had just chased for a couple of km to get back after being stuck in a fall, so he had an excuse

Re:

tobydawq said:
I have never seen a national championships' jersey be represented as poorly as the British has been by Cummings the last year.

I think his presence on the team is absolutely inexclicable in a race such as this.

How he never does anything but sit at the absolute last position in the bunch, living off his spring two years ago is disgraceful.
Yeah, Cummings is just... ugh, horrible teamplayer.

Re:

Red Rick said:
The terrain between the Ferme Libert and the bottom of La Redoute is the big problem of this race.
As I said, its simply too easy of a course and with the horrible finish in Ans, its not really rocketscience to see why this race is so conservatively ridden. Even after La Redoute until Faucons sucks, this course just need to be a lot better thought out and make the difficulties come in quick succession if you want to see good racing in this race apart from the the last 15 km.

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Matthews to win this.

Ala and Bala are dumb enough to wait for the final. They will regret it when their teams have towed Gerro 2.0 to the line.

The amount of sheer dumb luck in coincidental circumstances that allowed Gerrans to win will never happen again, much less this soon. If Matthews wins he might actually deserve it.

Re:

EroicaStradeBianche said:
Until they'll keep Ans and Saint-Nicholas in the final it'll always be so boring, make the finish easier and make the central part harder
Saint Nicholas is a problem as well

Lets see how the race will look when it heads back to Liege - hopefully it will be rejuvenated like Amstel which suddenly has become one of the best races of the season.

Re: Re:

hrotha said:
Brullnux said:
WheelofGear said:
Matthews to win this.

Ala and Bala are dumb enough to wait for the final. They will regret it when their teams have towed Gerro 2.0 to the line.
Did Matthews sleep with your girlfriend or something? Your hate for him is excessive
It's justified. NEVER FORGET: https://www.ridemedia.com.au/interviews/michael-matthews-the-amstel-gold-race/
Yeah, that interview was incredibly stupid, but constantly comparing Matthews with Gerrans is just unfair

TRENDING THREADS