• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Giro del Trentino

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
auscyclefan94 said:
He's going to be handy for the giro. Well done to him. Behind some quality opposition. Just because bertie couldn't doesn't mean you have to shut down everything I say!;)

Couldn't what? Finish 11th or 6th? He wasn't racing Trentino, so it would be a bit of a stretch to expect him to finish in the top 10 of a race he's not competing in. I mean I know he's good, but he's not THAT GOOD. ;)

Don't let that Cuddles afterglow go to your head.

EDIT: I told you.... karma is a motherphucker.

Dr. Maserati said:

17-I-lol.jpg

:eek:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
He's going to be handy for the giro. Well done to him. Behind some quality opposition. Just because bertie couldn't doesn't mean you have to shut down everything I say!;)

Yeah mate, calm down.
enjoy the good,yes but don't get carried away.
When Cuddles wins 3 GT's then you got the floor.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
the real teabaggers...

Ricco, Vino, and Basso atop the stage results, and atop the leader board. Now I'm all for allowing busted riders who have done their time back into the peleton, but this does not help cycling's image... especially given Ricco's and Vino's denials and lack of contrition.

Ricco admitted it and even gave up his dealer. I think his quotes were along the lines of

" It only cost a few hundred dollars for the EPO. The guy said there was no way I could test positive. Obviously, I'm not going to pay the guy."

Hilarious. If he's not racing he at least needs to be commentating.

benpounder said:
Ricco, Vino, and Basso atop the stage results, and atop the leader board. Now I'm all for allowing busted riders who have done their time back into the peleton, but this does not help cycling's image... especially given Ricco's and Vino's denials and lack of contrition.

What do you mean? They have learned from their sins and are back competing clean, amongst clean rivals. As long as these four don't get busted, they are a big success story for the image of the sport.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
What do you mean? They have learned from their sins and are back competing clean, amongst clean rivals. As long as these four don't get busted, they are a big success story for the image of the sport.
Pat McQuaid approves this message.

2nh0xtu.jpg

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Great ride for Thommy Frei. 11tth on the stage and now 6th overall for bmc.:)

Bad news for Tommy Frei, BMC and ACF.
As Ryo Hazuki says, we now all know why. (except apparently ACF, who's gone missing:eek:)

auscyclefan94 said:
He's going to be handy for the giro.
He may well now have the completely opposite effect.

Anyhow, awful highlights. Only saw the peloton for the last 2km, as they caught the breakaway. Then the sprint for the line, that Ceramica Cobra won easily.
Gibo strolled over the line, in front of a dawdling Franco Pellizotti.
No sign of Venezuela's answer to Berto Contador......

Now that BMC has 3 riders on the inactive list and a very heavy schedule coming up, I wonder if they'll even have enough riders to fill out their roster for all the races they are scheduled for? Once again, Cadel has to be kicking himself as he gets ready for his first GT of the year and this happens.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Highlander said:
Now that BMC has 3 riders on the inactive list and a very heavy schedule coming up, I wonder if they'll even have enough riders to fill out their roster for all the races they are scheduled for? Once again, Cadel has to be kicking himself as he gets ready for his first GT of the year and this happens.

Yea...this is getting rather comical...even though it is pretty pathetic. Something has to give...

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Highlander said:

Riders out for the moment at bmc: kroon, ballan, santambrogio and frei

All riders were vital for evans on the climbs. 19 riders currently available for them. They will have to pull out of at least 1 race imo.

auscyclefan94 said:
Riders out for the moment at bmc: kroon, ballan, santambrogio and frei

All riders were vital for evans on the climbs. 19 riders currently available for them. They will have to pull out of at least 1 race imo.

I had forgot about Kroon. I was only thinking about those riders that were pulled for 'other' reasons.