• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Jerseys Thread

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Steel4Ever said:
One stripe and solids, that's all you ever need.

sl371636_600.jpg

It's a pity Quickstep didn't swap to these last year. Would have made telling the difference between Quickstep, Katushka and Fuji-Servetto riders easier.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
sl371636_600.jpg

It's a pity Quickstep didn't swap to these last year. Would have made telling the difference between Quickstep, Katushka and Fuji-Servetto riders easier.

Blue kit + red bikes = huh?

I truly hope they will give them matching bikes.

J.

A

Anonymous

Steel4Ever said:
If this be the case, Mr. Januss, then I would suggest the current batch of DS's start rummaging around in the back of their closets if they want to create a kit anything near as awesome as these:

Awesome 1
Awesome 2
Awesome 3 (I know...I couldn't stop staring either!)
Awesome 4 (quite possibly the single most awesomest jersey I have ever witnessed!)

Awesome 3 is possibly the best jersey I have EVER seen. AWESOME!!

6BA68415-CA5A-4CB7-A9CA-B19B25E55045.jpeg

A

Anonymous

Jancouver said:
Blue kit + red bikes = huh?

I truly hope they will give them matching bikes.

J.

I reckon it looks great. Maybe make the red lines on the jersey a little more solid and visible and i reckon we have a winner for kit/bike combo

I wonder what Hincapie is going to do to the BMC jersey. He originally said that it needs a lot more red in there... anyone seen them?

A

Anonymous

Steel4Ever said:
Yeah, I would have to give Le G-men the forever #1 Ugliest Ever award -- ever. Wow.

One stripe and solids, that's all you ever need.

nope that award still goes to castorama

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:

They wanted to, at the RVV to make it a special occasion....of course they "forgot" that they have to register the jersey with the UCI first to see if it conforms to regulations. So, obviously, when they showed up at the start line with it they were told they had to change back to their usual (legal) shirt.

They ended up just barely making the start of the race.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
mikeNphilly said:
I loved the zebra train, I have the full kit and wear it once in awhile. My vote for best kit ever is Rock Racing, my closet is full of thier stuff.

you should be stoned.....................:eek:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
That picture is nothing. They looked far more hideous while the riders were bent over their bikes racing.

And when the kits were wet with rain....oh man they looked so much worse even. The 1991 kit was the worst of them all.

Then again, Brochard makes any kit look worse :D

Brochard,%20Laurent%2093.jpg

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
A few years ago my father bought me that aqua and sapone zebra print... It´s one of the winter ones though. It´s a very good shirt/jacket. I have a suspicion theyt fellows he bought it off( i think it was mail order) cheated him a bit he was telling me it was a fass bortolo shirt(although why he´d want to buy me this is a mystery) so i think he ordered one shirt and they gave him this one cause no one else wanted it.....

I quite like it but even I feel a bit odd wearing about and about especially as it is quite puffy too:S

christmas present btw... not sure it is always the best idea to give winter clothes for christmas though. I think you´re through the worst of winter by christmas..

ah 2010 jerseys I like katushas. is pozzattos national champions shirt staying the same. It looked good... The rest of the shirts are standard rubbish though.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Here's my entry for worst jersey ever.
yoko89.jpg
Whoever came up with the idea of using that shade of green should have gotten a lifetime ban from the UCI.

im going to miss the elk-haus jersey. with that dark green and red it was like the ultimate christmas jersey year-round

and i wonder if plaza's national champion jersey will be like valverde's with a few red and yellow stripes, or like rodriguez's from two years ago that was all red and yellow...personally i hope it's like rodriguez's, that was probably my favorite national champion jersey all-time

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
aarnold517 said:
im going to miss the elk-haus jersey. with that dark green and red it was like the ultimate christmas jersey year-round

and i wonder if plaza's national champion jersey will be like valverde's with a few red and yellow stripes, or like rodriguez's from two years ago that was all red and yellow...personally i hope it's like rodriguez's, that was probably my favorite national champion jersey all-time

Like Rodriguez's no doubt. Valverde's was different only because he was the big name on the team and the sponsor demanded he always wear their colours. The same happened with Induráin when the team was named Banesto.