• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Tour of Turkey 2HC

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
They've kept the break in check without too much difficulty. Stunning scenery doing its best to make up for the endless road kms......
Gruppo Compato at the finish and half the sprinters have already packed.

Still, it's better than the non-existent Castilla y Leon.:eek:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greipel again. First boring stage of the race so far. I thought Columbia had gone from too far out, but Greipel managed to hold on just long enough.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I was watching at work so without sound, does anyone know what 'tempers flare in bunch sprint chaos' subtitle of the CN report is referring to? Did someone get cut up?

Isaychev (Xacobeo) was having to fend for himself, and was trying to get in line. Coming up to the final corner it looked like he felt the CSF train was crowding him into the barriers, they felt he was trying to barge in on their train, it was a bit of six of one and half a dozen of the other, Isaychev threw a punch at Frapporti, the CSF guys got rather heated about it and one of the CSF staff was more or less holding back his riders.

Yes, a Galicia rider couldn't get up the inside, a couple of kms out, so he got miffed and clobbered a Colnago CSF dude on the back, with his fist. (see LS's post for names)
After the finish we had a lot of finger waving, latin, hand baggy stuff, from all those involved.

I thought Kenny vH did well, considering he flatted, about 8kms out, when Skil were chasing and had a bad change.
On the overhead, he lost ground as soon as AG opened up, but came back to almost nick second.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cofidis have been all over this race so far, but they don't have much to show for it. They had a rider in the break today and on Monday, and were represented in the winning move by one man on stage 3 and three men on stage 4, but the best they have managed to do is a pair of 3rd places. They said they were just using this race as a training ride but you have to think they will be disappointed to have been so aggressive without managing to win.

Wearing the leader's jersey for a day offers some small consolation I'm sure, but they let it slip and I think Moncoutie is out of chances to improve his 3rd place. There's a potentially nasty climb tomorrow, but it's 70km from the finish with the last 30 along a nice flat dual-carriageway, and Saturday's climb is less steep and even farther from the finish. Barring high wind or crashes Visconti should be able to hang on to his lead without too much trouble.

If Columbia are willing to work to pull back breaks every day (and they'll have to do most of it themselves) there is no reason why Greipel couldn't leave Turkey with six wins in eight stages. That would really put the pressure on Cav to produce the goods in front of all the sponsors in California and repay the faith his team has shown in him, although he'd never admit it of course.

luckyboy said:
Worst stage so far. At least Cofidis have a jersey to get out of this :eek:

Noticed over the past few weeks that Harmon & Backstedt make a good commentating team.

Magnus is the best of anyone I've heard this year.

stage6.gif

Another sprint :(

The ridiculously "steep" bump there must be only 10km @ 5-6%.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
A fair chance I think.
According to the profile, they should be on the climb any minute.....
Hah! 8.5kms at 5.9%:eek:
Ferminal called it.

Ahhh... got a stream working!! I am now happy.