• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2010 Tour of Turkey 2HC

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
HTC has missed the move here.

[edit] Spoke too soon, a group of 15 or 20 has bridged up to the chasers, and I think I spotted Van Garderen in it.

All the little groups seems to have come together on the descent to form g2. Far from a full peloton, though. I guess now Kern and Wilmann now have a good chance of staying away? I'd be very disappointed if Greipel came back and won this as well.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
HTC has missed the move here.

[edit] Spoke too soon, a group of 15 or 20 has bridged up to the chasers, and I think I spotted Van Garderen in it.

Yea...that is van Garderen!! He is riding pretty well...I hope Kern and Wilmann make it!!

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Anybody have the faintest idea what Cofidis's game plan is?:eek:

Id say they have the same idea as you (and me)....not a clue! I do hope we get to hear whatever spin they put on it when its all done and dusted.
Only thing I can think is they are after the team classification prize, but not sure if thats available outside the big tours, or here for that matter.

I remeber when millar rode for them and he lost the TT in the tour, and he eluded to them needing serious reshuffling, given their fall out of the top pro ranks and the way they are approaching this race/stage looks like it hasnt happened yet, you'd have to put it on the DS shoulders, its a bit of a mess it seems.

This has been a cracking TOT, thought it was a new race :eek:
cracking racing (mystifying at times :D) cracking scenery, cracking weather, refreshing out of the box tactics.

I think Greipel gets back. Lets see if Colbumia begins to chase the two leaders. It would be really really hard work for them. Perhaps they should wait for the last two stages.

//edit
hehe funny situation. I think Columnia talked to ISD. ISD waited then because Columbia promised to chase then ;)

Well, the gap coming down fast, now..still hope and think they'll stay away, but wouldn't dare to bet much against you. Glad it's not a given, at least, this is actually exciting now, even if it does end in a bunch sprint. very good, unpredictable race overall, this tour of turkey.