• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2012 Vuelta a España: Tarazona – Jaca, 175 km

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Do I look like I care?

That's hilarious on so many levels.

AC will be fine. Once he gets more racing in his legs he'll be the old AC. He might not win this Vuelta but it won't be for not trying.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
How many Ks did Froome pull for Wiggo exactly in the TDF, 15 at most, he'll be fine, unlike Bertie who'll end up making a fool of himself like on the 2011 TDF.

I agree that Froome may not be as tired as everybody thinks, but I'm not sure why you think that Alberto made a fool of himself in the 2011 TDF. He's one of the only riders who respects every race he enters. Without riders like Alberto, cycling would be boring.

One good thing about having Froome around is that we don't have to count on the Schleks or entertainment value.

hiero2 said:
Personally, I think Rodriquez was the biggest winner today. I wouldn't be too surprised if he manages to continue to make things interesting over the next 2 weeks. Also interesting to see how Froome is handling the AC threat.
He will increase his lead day after day. Counting on Spanish Armada to ambush Froome and put him out of contention at some point. Only Contador, Valverde and Gesink have a podium chance.

hiero2 said:
I wonder what it takes for you guys complaining "boring" to find it interesting. No, take that back, I don't really wonder. I think y'all are just complaining too much. Sigh, well, you are entitled to your own opinion.

Simply a race in which another outcome than a forgotten long break or a sprint for the line in the last (2) km, or in case of mountain stages, 5 km, would help.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Panda Claws said:
Even if you like how Froome acts in interviews, then you should still be extremely bothered by his awful riding style.

20 look-downs a minute.

hahaa :p I don't mind, whatever way he likes to put out those watts :D

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
&quot said:
That probably was the reason why Saxobank went so hard. A scenario you usually dont see. They tried to protect him as long as possible. Sadly they were finished at the worst possible moment and left AC uncovered on the foot of the climb.
I think he really intended to win the stage so Saxo worked. No one just can guarantee that he will feel very well all the climb. He cracked literally 300 meters to go.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
cineteq said:
He will increase his lead day after day. Counting on Spanish Armada to ambush Froome and put him out of contention at some point. Only Contador, Valverde and Gesink have a podium chance.

lol you do know what happened to the Spanish Armada don't you?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Froome: I saw something in Contador today that showed he was not great.

Interviewer: Was it a look in his eyes?

Froome: No, it was the large stretch of tarmac between me and him at the finish.

(This may or may not have happened, I didn't listen to any interviews.)

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Woo, go Froome!

Didn't catch the stage today, but seeing the result made me smile. Would be sooooo funny if Froome stole this Vuelta from Bertie.

roundabout said:
They did all they could. Perhaps a bit early, but you didn't really expect Saxo to be setting the pace on the last climb, did you?

Contador was left in a good position to start the climb and was in the last 4 when the action really kicked off. His legs quitting in the last 500 is not the team's fault.

Well with all the facts we have now the bolded part seems to be the wisest thing to do if they suspected something like what happened to occur. I would have at least saved Sörensen and Navarro but they were all cooked at the climb.

But then again i am a bit caught by surprise here. I didnt expect this to be honest even if it is far from over.

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Perhaps I am not really smart. Or not.

Perhaps I am just ****in ****ed off because I've been waiting for this race for 6 months and yes, if Alberto is not gonna win I will be angry and sad and disappointed.

? I have waited also, and yes I'm not happy either because what have I seen today. BUT! I have seen Contador a few times on bike, and I really don't see why should I think it's over. It was a hill ridden with an almost sprint tempo all the way up. He doesn't like this type of climbs, and he also not a good sprinter. When we watch his face and riding style at the finish then the cramp thing looks really believable.
So take a breath and try to remember, that there are still many real moutain stages what are Contador's true terrain. He is only 35 sec behind which is nothing. When you won't see his name on the first place in the GT after Bola del Mundo, then you can say it's over, but until that you shouldn't do that.

TRENDING THREADS