2012 Vuelta a España: Tarazona – Jaca, 175 km

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
LaFlorecita said:
Alberto says he suffered a cramp. I don't believe him though.
I do. Lack of race miles and intensity and suddenly you're riding at race pace in the mountains. It's a viable reason. He's never been one to come up with fictitious reasons for his performances. Some days he's got it and some days he doesn't. I just hope that he gets his race legs under him and comes back strong. I just don't think I could take any more Sky success and anything that leads their "dominating" the sport. That would be sickening.:(

Edit: I guess the potential for cramping was always a possibility when you come back straight into trying to compete at the highest level from such a long time away from racing.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Angliru said:
I just don't think I could take any more Sky success and anything that leads their "dominating" the sport. That would be sickening.:(
In other words, you are agree to accept only your rider's domination?
 
Oct 31, 2009
115
0
0
Well thats the "Contador" Fear factor up the Spout.. Froomy will be quietly Confident now.. Froomy is better suited to the long Climbs , Today was a Test.. All looking Good..
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
Hopefully Contador gets his good legs back saterday.

I really can't live with this dominance of sky. And the only guy who can do something about it is him.
 
Jan 11, 2010
12,582
0
0
Angliru said:
I do. Lack of race miles and intensity and suddenly you're riding at race pace in the mountains. It's a viable reason. He's never been one to come up with fictitious reasons for his performances. Some days he's got it and some days he doesn't. I just hope that he gets his race legs under him and comes back strong. I just don't think I could take any more Sky success and anything that leads their "dominating" the sport. That would be sickening.:(

Edit: I guess the potential for cramping was always a possibility when you come back straight into trying to compete at the highest level from such a long time away from racing.
Cramping can be the result of dehydration.
 
Jul 4, 2011
248
0
0
Miburo said:
Hopefully Contador gets his good legs back saterday.

I really can't live with this dominance of sky. And the only guy who can do something about it is him.
He will have his legs. Remember, the NEXT Saturday is when he will really need them. Froome, Bertie fans need to calm down after today. This thing is just getting warmed up. :D
 
Jul 25, 2011
2,007
1
0
After this year, every training camp will have a swimming coach. Cancellara and Martin on ITT and Contador (surely Andy too) on climbs:D
 
Oct 10, 2011
408
0
0
El Pistolero said:
I think we just have to accept that Froome will be the new Armstrong. Both of them didn't show any results what so ever in GTs before their late breakthrough, they both broke through in the Vuelta, they both almost never got tired during their career, they both obsess with tiny details what some call marginal gains here, they're both terrific time trial specialists despite having a very bad position on a time trial bike, they're Anglophone, etc
One big difference: Froome seems to be a nice guy ;)
 
Aug 29, 2010
298
0
0
(on the subject of Henao)
roundabout said:
He was brilliant today.
He really does look good, looked good in the Giro and possibly even better here although obviously he has a more defined role here. A couple of off days in the Giro but at his age I don't think it's too unexpected, he's going to be really good.
 
burning said:
And he didnt win any one day race before his rise
Yes. Say what you like about everyone's favourite Texan, his late rise to stage race prominence came after a distinguished career as a top level one day racer. Froome's late rise to prominence comes after a career as a mediocre domestique with no results of any note to his name. Apart from the Anatomic Jock Race.
 
airstream said:
In other words, you are agree to accept only your rider's domination?
How you get that out of my posting is representative of your own personal issues. I'd be content with anyone from any other team. I'd be content with Froome if he were on another team. It was pretty clear to me that my post indcated that Sky's hopes of dominating the sport are what prompted my statement. What's your problem?
 
Oct 10, 2011
408
0
0
Contador explains

From Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank site:
http://teamsaxobanktinkoffbank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3753&lang=uk

Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank captain explains:

“I'm happy because I saved the day quite well. Due to the heat and the high temperatures, I suffered some cramps on the last climb and I told myself, hey, Alberto, go as far you can. I think I managed quite well. For me it's not the best climb but normally I would have been in front without any problems even to fight for the stage but I'm happy because the loss has however been minimal”, said Alberto Contador and concluded:

“I like the action of this race because it is important for everyone that the favorites attack. It's good for the race and I'm looking forward to my opportunity later on in the Vuelta.”
 
Mar 22, 2010
908
0
0
jyhjyh said:
From Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank site:
http://teamsaxobanktinkoffbank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3753&lang=uk

Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank captain explains:

“I'm happy because I saved the day quite well. Due to the heat and the high temperatures, I suffered some cramps on the last climb and I told myself, hey, Alberto, go as far you can. I think I managed quite well. For me it's not the best climb but normally I would have been in front without any problems even to fight for the stage but I'm happy because the loss has however been minimal”, said Alberto Contador and concluded:

“I like the action of this race because it is important for everyone that the favorites attack. It's good for the race and I'm looking forward to my opportunity later on in the Vuelta.”
Yes, but according to our resident know it alls, this is the first professional athlete to ever cramp during a race. He's got a lot to learn.
 

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
5,123
0
0
Angliru said:
How you get that out of my posting is representative of your own personal issues. I'd be content with anyone from any other team. I'd be content with Froome if he were on another team. It was pretty clear to me that my post indcated that Sky's hopes of dominating the sport are what prompted my statement. What's your problem?
No problem. I was just asking on the part I didn't get. Thank you.
 
Jul 29, 2012
11,703
3
0
jyhjyh said:
From Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank site:
http://teamsaxobanktinkoffbank.com/ny_news.asp?n_id=3753&lang=uk

Team Saxo Bank-Tinkoff Bank captain explains:

“I'm happy because I saved the day quite well. Due to the heat and the high temperatures, I suffered some cramps on the last climb and I told myself, hey, Alberto, go as far you can. I think I managed quite well. For me it's not the best climb but normally I would have been in front without any problems even to fight for the stage but I'm happy because the loss has however been minimal”, said Alberto Contador and concluded:

“I like the action of this race because it is important for everyone that the favorites attack. It's good for the race and I'm looking forward to my opportunity later on in the Vuelta.”
Alright let's put the fanboy-mode up on and believe what he says.

But based on what i've seen there's no reason to not believe him. We'll see saterday what He will do. Yes "h" in caps lol
 
Angliru said:
I do. Lack of race miles and intensity and suddenly you're riding at race pace in the mountains. It's a viable reason. He's never been one to come up with fictitious reasons for his performances. Some days he's got it and some days he doesn't. I just hope that he gets his race legs under him and comes back strong. I just don't think I could take any more Sky success and anything that leads their "dominating" the sport. That would be sickening.:(

Edit: I guess the potential for cramping was always a possibility when you come back straight into trying to compete at the highest level from such a long time away from racing.
Spanish cows disagree with you...:D
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY