• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Fleche Wallonne (17 April)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Fleche Wallonne?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
al_pacino said:
Has Quintana raced this before? CQ seems to suggest not.

Its a very tough finish to judge first time around.

It's a good point, we don't see many first time winners here. But if Valverde has tought Quintana one thing, it's how to wait...and wait...and wait. Which is how you win Fleche Wallone.

iZnoGouD

BANNED
Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Hey Now.

I hope Alberto can finish top 5

hFA642266

Wilba60 said:
Other....OGE have played the Gerrans card and it will be Albasini's turn on Wednesday. Noticed he finished 2.16 down at Amstel, which means he would have done some hard riding to look after Gerro and then eased off late in the race to save himself for Wednesday, much like they did last year.

My guess is that Gerrans will sit out Wednesday and have another crack at Liege.

I think I read that all 3 races are the #1 priority of Gerro this season so I think they will be racing for him in all 3. Alba might have 2nd rider status in case there is an issue but I expect him to work for Gerro in the final.

I would also have Gerro as a much better chance than half the people in the poll

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Tigerion said:
I think I read that all 3 races are the #1 priority of Gerro this season so I think they will be racing for him in all 3. Alba might have 2nd rider status in case there is an issue but I expect him to work for Gerro in the final.

I would also have Gerro as a much better chance than half the people in the poll

I agree,I dont know why he isnt in the poll...:eek:

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Tigerion said:

When did Gerrans shown anything in Fleche? It's not to his liking especially, more suting to proper climbers, well with few exceptions ofcourse.

Top 10 for him here would be achievement I'd say, at least for me.

theyoungest said:
If it plays out like that steep hill in Pais Vasco, he ain't got nothing on Henao.
Quintana i think was viewed as more of a GC threat than Henao- maybe why Contador attempted to follow Quintana a bit more.

Also Quintana rode very well at Emilia and GDL- on the steep hills, even though he may not have the same acceleration as Henao, on hills- he still has quite a big chance.

As I mentioned earlier I am sure OGE will take in the same plan as last year and Albasini will be the designated rider. He is in similar form to last year and his ride to cover moves at Amstel will have been with Flech Wallonne in mind. My feeling is that they will save Weening for support for Gerrans at Liege and someone like Sulzburger or Clarke will go on the attack and let Alba cruise in the peleton. Or they will leave them to look after Alba and use one of the Meier, Meyer's to go up the road.