• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Fleche Wallonne (17 April)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Fleche Wallonne?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Hitch said:
no, i dont expect anyone to do 1994 type performances for pretty obvious reasons.

The point of my post is just me laughing at is your belief that you know who is talented and who isnt.

Like how you come out and say Vino and Pantani were the most talented riders in the world and their wins were 100% talent and effort, while at the same time chiding others for being fakos with 0% talent. What formula do you have to decide who was real and who wasn't?

Really missed you over the last month btw. Especially was looking to see your take on whats going on with Rujano.

Actually I'm more curious about the greatest team of all time

Colombia.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
I think Kreuziger (and Hesjedal last year ... almost) just showed how to beat Purito, Phil etc. We can expect some fireworks and it should be a great race. I dont think the whole/big pack will start the Mur de Huy together.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Jancouver said:
I dont think the whole/big pack will start the Mur de Huy together.

I fear that exactly will be the case, and a big group, even a really big one, will reach the foot of the Mur alltogether. The race is too short and there are too many strong teams with a captain relying on the Mur itself to avoid this.

Sunday, however, showed that surprises can happen, even though Amstel is 50k longer.

Certainly good chances for Gilbert to be the next winner in WC jersey after Evans 2010.

RHRH19861986 said:
I fear that exactly will be the case, and a big group, even a really big one, will reach the foot of the Mur alltogether. The race is too short and there are too many strong teams with a captain relying on the Mur itself to avoid this.

Sunday, however, showed that surprises can happen, even though Amstel is 50k longer.

Certainly good chances for Gilbert to be the next winner in WC jersey after Evans 2010.

if riders wanted, they could open up FW big times, there are enough tough climbs along the way to do that. Add pace from the start and the vast majority of riders would be gone before the last hill.

But I don't see it happening. The DSs will inform their riders to save the energy all the way to the end, thereby aiming for a good placement in the uphill sprint against J-Rod, Gilbert and Valverde.

25 teams takes part, many will be disappointed without even showing the jersey once in the race.

And then we have hope, just a tiny little bit.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
if riders wanted, they could open up FW big times, there are enough tough climbs along the way to do that. Add pace from the start and the vast majority of riders would be gone before the last hill.

But I don't see it happening. The DSs will inform their riders to save the energy all the way to the end, thereby aiming for a good placement in the uphill sprint against J-Rod, Gilbert and Valverde.

25 teams takes part, many will be disappointed without even showing the jersey once in the race.

And then we have hope, just a tiny little bit.

Maybe there´s something in the air this week, and riders agree to give a seven minute winning gap to the early escapees, inspired by Trentino yesterday.

Well, unlikely, but would be the next big story after M-SR and Trentino 1a. ;)

RHRH19861986 said:
Maybe there´s something in the air this week, and riders agree to give a seven minute winning gap to the early escapees, inspired by Trentino yesterday.

Well, unlikely, but would be the next big story after M-SR and Trentino 1a. ;)

lol, dunno whats worse? A break nobody gives a sh!t about or a hilly stage where everybody waits for the uphill sprint.

I am almost calling for Sky to dominate and destroy the peloton.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
no, i dont expect anyone to do 1994 type performances for pretty obvious reasons.

The point of my post is just me laughing at is your belief that you know who is talented and who isnt.

Like how you come out and say Vino and Pantani were the most talented riders in the world and their wins were 100% talent and effort, while at the same time chiding others for being fakos with 0% talent. What formula do you have to decide who was real and who wasn't?

Really missed you over the last month btw. Especially was looking to see your take on whats going on with Rujano.

rujano what is wrong with him?

I've never said vino was the most talented rider. pls show me any evidence I did. pantani was and that is a fact.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Except for angry man van Goolen (Paris-Tours), rather weak break, not only by numbers, but also by names.

That could be good for an open race with counter attacks towards the end.

Great for someone like Lang, being in the break of a race like FW is s.th. you never forget, also good for IAM, who will be 100% satiesfied after this spring.