• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eshnar said:
Am I the only one to use it? :eek:
I think so. :)

Another trait is the use of this:
tumblr_mcosyeqNxE1ryt074o1_1280.png

IOW you'd be easy to spot if you had a suckpuppet :p

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Eshnar said:
tappa.png

T_T
I knew changes were coming... :eek:
As far as I know stage 3 is also changed, with the second last climb suppressed and substituted with another further from the finish...
And ofc there will be more changes here and there

Yes, stage 3 changed also.

The Mercato Cilento has been replaced by the San Mauro Cilento. It more or less in the same position. 8km long and looks a bit steeper than the other one. The stage now though is 222km long instead of 212km.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Stage 11 is slightly different as well. They won't be finishing on the flat section on Erto e Casso. Instead it will be right on the top of the last climb with no flat running off it. The stage is therefore 2km shorter.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be a few other changes as well in the length of some of the stages. The official programme now says stage 7 is 176km and stage 13 is 254km.

As well stage 9 is shorter at 170km. There is a shorter quicker descent coming off the Vetta Le Croci. Plus the finish into Firenze kicks up slightly in the last km or 2.

gooner said:
There seems to be a few other changes as well in the length of some of the stages. The official programme now says stage 7 is 176km and stage 13 is 254km.

As well stage 9 is shorter at 170km. There is a shorter quicker descent coming off the Vetta Le Croci. Plus the finish into Firenze kicks up slightly in the last km or 2.
Where do you see all that? :confused:

Argos preselection...

Bert de Backer, Thomas Damuseau, John Degenkolb, Patrick Gretsch, Cheng Ji, Koen de Kort, Tobias Ludvigsson, Luka Mezgec, Tom Peterson, Georg Preidler, Matthieu Sprick, Tom Stamsnijder, Albert Timmer.

Let's hope for Degenkolb at least :eek:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Where do you see all that? :confused:

The official programme. I presume these are the right ones. The Napoli stage which you showed has changed is the exact same one as the one in the programme. It says here that is 130km.

Stage 17 is now longer as well at 214km. It's practically the same profile but longer in length.

gooner said:
The official programme. I presume these are the right ones. The Napoli stage which you showed has changed is the exact same one as the one in the programme. It says here that is 130km.

Stage 17 is now longer as well at 214km. It's practically the same profile but longer in length.
You have the program? Any chance to find it somewhere on the internet? :eek:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ferminal said:
If they kept the finish the same for 13 that's good, with that length it could be interesting.

Hopefully they added another hill to the finish of 7.

Small bit of difference in stage 7 which won't really affect the race too much if at all. Between Casacanditella and Villamagnia it is a bit more lumpier but not too much difference either. The Villamagna is now a categorised climb(GPM 4) where it wasn't in the provisional profile.

That has the makings of a good stage.

Just one difference actually to stage 13. The climb to Diano D'Alba is now gone and the big climb after it the Tre Cuni is now categorised(GPM 3) where it wasn't before. The descent is slightly different but otherwise the run in is very similar. A bit of downer about that first climb missing. It looked a nasty short sharp kick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS