• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 60 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
Most of us expect that too. The poll asks who'll win though ;)

Someone should create a poll for who will make the final podium spot, since almost everyone assumes the winner will either be Nibali or Wiggins. Something like "who will be best of the rest?"

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
i'm looking all over this startlist and i can't find a rider who will lose less than 3 minutes to wiggo on the long ITT, can you help me?

durbridge maybe tuft but i doubt it...

Phinney should quite easily I'd say.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I read on here today that Malori isn't doing the Giro.

Anyway, now I think about it Dowsett, Gruzdev, and Kessiakoff all should get within three minutes depending on if they take it seriously or not?

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
offbyone said:
I am surprised how much Hesjedal is getting written off. He will have a strong team and is a smart rider. I would expect he will podium at the very least.

He hasn't shown anything yet. Yes, he looked good in ardeness and trentino. But the competition is fierce. I do want hesjedal as the dark horse. Would be awesome if he can smoke everyone in the mountain.:D

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Jelantik said:
He hasn't shown anything yet. Yes, he looked good in ardeness and trentino. But the competition is fierce. I do want hesjedal as the dark horse. Would be awesome if he can smoke everyone in the mountain.:D

It takes some creative thinking to imagine how this scenario could unfold.

He did beat worlds number 1 last year, the same one who threatened Contador in the vuelta.

Just saying. I don't think Hesjedal is any worse than Nibali uphill or against the clock. And I think Hesjedal's 3rd week recovery is way better, he always seems great there. Wiggins will be hard to beat though if he's near TDF 2012 form

Jelantik said:

his prep last year was very simliar to this year, a poor tt in tirreno, pulled out early of catalunya and a really solid lbl and the other 2 classics.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
richtea said:
It takes some creative thinking to imagine how this scenario could unfold.

I really hope you are right. I want nothing but a good show down between not only nibali/wiggin but also hesjedal. I'm hoping for picasso :p end of 3 weeks from hesjedal. *crossed my finger*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS