• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Wonder how this decision influences Wiggins season. If this news is true, and prompts Wiggins to drop the Giro this year then Sky would be more formidable come July. That would not be in Alberto's favour, with a Giro already in his legs

Cimber said:
At the same time Majka says his major goal is the Giro (Stage win, top 10 and youth jersey):

http://www.feltet.dk/nyheder/rafal_majka_klar_til_nyt_stort_giro-sats/

Tbh I think that atm Bertie wanna do the Giro, but Riis doesnt want him too (the Tour is too important for the sponsors and for Riis himself)

My Italian ain't all.that but vengo al giro per vencer lo.is pretty definite. Its not - id like to do it. Or if i feel good i might go to the giro, if bjarne lets me.

Its - see you there mother****er

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
So aquaroen knew about this days ago and tweeted it and we are only finding it out now:eek:

Ye I wouldnt trust an italien site to get quotes right, especaially in this regard. But we will see. Really seems weird if he does the Giro, especially considering MAjka has been told he will be able to ride his chance. But as said, we will see. Hope he will skip Il Giro

Cimber said:
Ye I wouldnt trust an italien site to get quotes right, especaially in this regard. But we will see. Really seems weird if he does the Giro, especially considering MAjka has been told he will be able to ride his chance. But as said, we will see. Hope he will skip Il Giro
On that very page there's the audio file of the interview. It's 16 minutes long so I didn't check it. Maybe someone can and confirm us.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Eshnar said:
On that very page there's the audio file of the interview. It's 16 minutes long so I didn't check it. Maybe someone can and confirm us.

Ye someone who is really good in Italian should go translate that. I very subtle mistranslation can change the whole meaning (hug difference between would like to, will definately do it etc). Got a feeling he might have answered a question about if he would do the Giro as solely preperation and maybe answered he would only ride the Giro to win it. But I dont speak italian so some1 who does pls translate the audio file.

Cimber said:
Ye someone who is really good in Italian should go translate that. I very subtle mistranslation can change the whole meaning (hug difference between would like to, will definately do it etc). Got a feeling he might have answered a question about if he would do the Giro as solely preperation and maybe answered he would only ride the Giro to win it. But I dont speak italian so some1 who does pls translate the audio file.

it's spanish. I'm currently listening, but I'm not very good so you shouldn't trust me :(

Cimber said:

I think this is what happened

nvm I was right. Here's Marca:
"Está esa posibilidad y quizás lo más probable sería hacer Giro y Tour. Este Giro, por su recorrido, menos exigente que el de 2011, es mejor para hacer la preparación para el Tour, pero está claro que si voy es para ganarlo. Una carrera de tanto prestigio no se puede plantear de otra manera", declaró el del Saxo Tinkoff, que tampoco quiero descartar la Vuelta: "Si no hago Giro, veré cómo de cansado termino el Tour porque será una Vuelta realmente dura, aunque es cierto que el equipo se ha reforzado muy bien con corredores que tienen opciones de hacer podio en las grandes vueltas, así que no todo va a ser trabajar para mí".
http://www.marca.com/2013/01/20/ciclismo/1358691274.html

Status
Not open for further replies.