• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia Field Discussion

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2013 Giro?

• Other/Garzelli

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
henao was fully rounded and developped before he ever went to sky. thney don't deserve any praise. antioquia and colombia es passion have developped him. he didn't need any adaption time at all when going to sky. in fact bakc in 2011 he was already kicking everyones *** in utah against top wt riders and he was also the best u23 rider worldwide in 2009, also in europe he won almost every race he took part in.

and the vuelta colombia is way harder than any wt race save the 3 gt's perhaps. winning that is something you don't just achieve. it';s more than 2 weeks and looking on the winners list says more than enough. all top class riders

Clueless:rolleyes:, look at the roll of honour lol put them in any race they coulnt keep in the peleton on a flat stage. Of course Henao has improved look at his results lol, same with Quintana anything Quintana has done this year is the best in his carear surely? The winners list is nohing special imo if im wrong people call me out on it .:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
wwabbit said:
You said < 3 mins, I said > 4 mins, and you want to set the cut-off at 4 mins? I'm not stupid. 3:30 and we may have a deal

Ok deal.There is a chance that he won't ride it 100%,but I can risk it:D...so 3'30,and whats your avatar pick?

To the topic:
As for Kruiswijk x Gesink thing...Imo Kruiswijk has more potential for GT races,but he has to go elsewhere,Blanco is not right place for this talents:eek:

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
TANK91 said:
He cant win TDF so maybe he do Giro Vuelta and win Vuelta imo?

Yeah,I think the same,but he unfortunately doesnt stand a chance against Sky leader if its whosoever (Wiggins,Uran,Porte or Henao).He-Sammy is very bad this year,i hope he can improve:)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
serfla said:
I can agree about adaptation, but can't about development. Every young rider, like he is, has space for improvement.
Vuelta Colombia certainly is a hard race. Probably harder than majority of European races physically wise, but the competition there and everything what racing with the best and already established professionals brings must be below European level. That's why so much South American talents couldn't live up to expectations, I think.

name them?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
TANK91 said:
Clueless:rolleyes:, look at the roll of honour lol put them in any race they coulnt keep in the peleton on a flat stage. Of course Henao has improved look at his results lol, same with Quintana anything Quintana has done this year is the best in his carear surely? The winners list is nohing special imo if im wrong people call me out on it .:D

quintana has improved yes. he also left colombia when he was 20 :rolleyes: henao left when he was already fully rounded and winner in colombia(still only 23 years old then). same with soler who hit the scene immediately and climbed with the best, or rujano. all 3 of those I predicted to be on top as soon as they hit european scene and they did. I also preducted quintana winning avenir and becoming a big star and perhaps first colombian tour winner

what colombians drop in the flat? no riders drop in the flat unless they are very bad and unprofessional or injured. the wind maybe, yes. but these are professional riders. colombian flat stages are driven just as hard as europe. only less hectic, no sprinttrains, no echeclons.

I remember interview with pevenage after 2009 vuelta in colombia how shocked he was at the colombian level even on flat lands when duarte had a flat tire. 2 teams starting riding over 50 km/h for 2 hours until duarte and his team were dead.

Bizzare and pointless discussion - Henao joined Sky as a neo pro and has not raced any of the races on his schedule for any other team, so whilst he has clearly improved year on year as you would expect any younger (I know he's not 20) rider to do, there's no benchmark to say what is Sky and what is not.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Bizzare and pointless discussion - Henao joined Sky as a neo pro and has not raced any of the races on his schedule for any other team, so whilst he has clearly improved year on year as you would expect any younger (I know he's not 20) rider to do, there's no benchmark to say what is Sky and what is not.

his itt improvement is sky. the rest is colombia. simple as that and of course he's still improving. he would've improved in colombia as well. that's normal for a talent his age

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
What are the options?

Hesjedal
Wiggins
Nibali
Evans
Santambrogio/Pozzovivo
Sanchez/Gesink
Scarponi/Basso
Cobo/Pellizotti
A South American
Vino

Nibali
Wiggins
Hesjedal
Sanchez
Gesink
Betancourt/Henao/Uran
Scarponi/Basso
Pellizotti/Rujano
Intxausti/Capecchi/Cobo
Vino/other

2late nvm.

serfla said:
I'll name one - Rujano.
You know better who the rest are.
Did you see Giro '05?

First GT in his first year racing in Europe.

Joaquim+Rodriguez.jpg

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Strange that Ryo is so indecently shy with his pro- Rujano Giro campaign :)

I think separate stages suit Jose much better than GC, so I wish him to win some of them,

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
that's not the point. you argue that riders from south america aren't on same level as europeans or even higher, wel you bringing up rujano only prooves my point.
No.
A single result proves the potential we've already known he has.
Entire career is what we should take in account when comparing general level.

Status
Not open for further replies.