• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro D'Italia, Stage:3 Sorrento - Marina Di Ascea 222 kms

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 4, 2013
Visit site
hfer07 said:
you should re watch the race- because Nibbs did force the selection along with Hesjedal- but he was wise enough not to keep pulling on the last Kms where it was evident the descent was not steep & long enough to attempt such move-that's why he sent Agnoli first to see the other's reactions....

I was just rewatching it and what you explain makes sense. Nibs was playing it wise - very satisfied with his ride.:)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
contessador said:
I was just rewatching it and what you explain makes sense. Nibs was playing it wise - very satisfied with his ride.:)

yep send Agnoli ahead to see if any other big favorites having weakness to follow, very smart move much better than wasting energy yourself when you still have cards in your hand.:D

Dekker_Tifosi said:
turns out in the corner where Blanco guys fell a lot of guys fell, there was oil on the road

good one

where is ryo?:D:D

scarponi indeed was stupid for staying in their wheels. i think we can assume with almost 100% certainty that good old michele doesn't read the cyclingnews forum. and the bible of pro cycling either:(

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
good one

scarponi indeed was stupid for staying in their wheels. i think we can assume with almost 100% certainty that good old michele doesn't read the cyclingnews forum. and the bible of pro cycling either:(

Apperently he got locked up for beating up the GM of vacansoleil.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
hfer07 said:
you should re watch the race- because Nibbs did force the selection along with Hesjedal- but he was wise enough not to keep pulling on the last Kms where it was evident the descent was not steep & long enough to attempt such move-that's why he sent Agnoli first to see the other's reactions....

I'll watch it again this evening. I know Nibs did work earlier to force the selection. But I also think he could have continued to press the attack. Maybe a rewatch will change my opinion, though.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Viking said:
I'll watch it again this evening. I know Nibs did work earlier to force the selection. But I also think he could have continued to press the attack. Maybe a rewatch will change my opinion, though.

No rewatch necessary. Nibali failed today.

That simple.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
good one

LOL good one
this is direct quot from Sirotti photo "Michele Scarponi lost one minute today after two Blanco riders crashed in front of him on the descent. Listen learned: NEVER follow Robert Gesink on a technical descent."

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why Nibali should have wasted energy making a predictable attack a) this early in the race and b) for the slim pickings offered by this stage.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
LOL good one
this is direct quot from Sirotti photo "Michele Scarponi lost one minute today after two Blanco riders crashed in front of him on the descent. Listen learned: NEVER follow Robert Gesink on a technical descent."

How about not ever sitting in his wheel, in any situation when it's not uphill?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
taiwan said:
I don't understand why Nibali should have wasted energy making a predictable attack a) this early in the race and b) for the slim pickings offered by this stage.

Because every second counts, and to beat Wiggins he'll need to get every second he can get. Not trying anything might end up being the smart move, it might not. We'll have to wait and see.

Afrank said:
Because every second counts, and to beat Wiggins he'll need to get every second he can get. Not trying anything might end up being the smart move, it might not. We'll have to wait and see.
No point going too deep attacking for seconds at this stage. Nobody can win this in the first week but they certainly can lose it.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:

I applaud Ryder make the stage exciting, but frankly the opportunity is not quite there to gain seconds. Feel like Ryder is more or less trying too hard to make a statement. Maybe he do have a deep reserve, according to him he is always better in the third week.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
HiCadence said:
Guys i'm a little worried about Rujano did he come in with the main contenders?? I have a £3000 bet on Rujano to win overall so i'm a tad bit nervous.

Wow... you should have bet me the 3k quid and I would have given you a thousand back after the inevitable... :) ...

maxmartin said:
I applaud Ryder make the stage exciting, but frankly the opportunity is not quite there to gain seconds. Feel like Ryder is more or less trying too hard to make a statement. Maybe he do have a deep reserve, according to him he is always better in the third week.

Ryder has an endless well of reserves. He knows what he's doing, and he's gonna win the Giro.
Thing I like most about him is his desire to animate a race.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
the delgados said:
Ryder has an endless well of reserves. He knows what he's doing, and he's gonna win the Giro.
Thing I like most about him is his desire to animate a race.

LOL sounds like wishful thinking, I hope u are right, i don't mind cheering for my neighbor:D

TRENDING THREADS