• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Giro d'Italia Stage 9: Sansepolcro - Firenze 170 km

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
no but maybe the were feeling it with the pressure astana were putting on. My point is I notice an unreal expectation in riders very often on here (aka expectation of nibbles to attack on basically every hill... yeah ok, others are attacking and failing, nibbles is in the race for 3 weeks, let him race his own race).

I never said they should attack.

They had a 45 second gap on him, that was an awessome opportunity to put time into him, and they ****ed it.

Hahaha, Betancur.

Hesjedal had a bad day last year too, but they spared his life. We'll see. This might be confirmation that, when he was so trigger-happy a few days ago, it wasn't because he was very confident and felt super strong, but the opposite.

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Well, I think you can take two things from this.

- If the weather doesn't improve then Wiggins is completely done. There's no way he can win with such hopeless descending.

- If it does improve then the others might regret not kicking him when he was down, if (big if) he is not bluffing about how he is even stronger than last year. It looks like slippery descents are by far the easiest way of putting time into him (probably for his "buddy" the Dawg too, btw).

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
I never said they should attack.

They had a 45 second gap on him, that was an awessome opportunity to put time into him, and they ****ed it.

I know, my point is if you feel like you're on the limit you wont put riders to help push the pace. Not saying that is what happened, but just a possibility.

My comments were more tongue in cheek though, like I said I've noticed unreal expectations on this forum, not necessarily this stage.

jamesmasters said:
Well, I think you can take two things from this.

- If the weather doesn't improve then Wiggins is completely done. There's no way he can win with such hopeless descending.

- If it does improve then the others might regret not kicking him when he was down, if (big if) he is not bluffing about how he is even stronger than last year. It looks like slippery descents are by far the easiest way of putting time into him (probably for his "buddy" the Dawg too, btw).

Hopefully the weather won't be so miserable on Tuesday and we'll know how his climbing stands exactly...