• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 12: Fougéres - Tours 218 Km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I think Froome is very anxious regarding last minute pile ups. cant really understand why he is so nervous.:confused: he has 3.5 min lead.

murali said:
I think Froome is very anxious regarding last minute pile ups. cant really understand why he is so nervous.:confused: he has 3.5 min lead.

He was just following Stannard tbh, plus he didn't get caught up in any of the big crashes so far so he must be doing something right.

And a big lead is totally useless if you go down and break you collarbone.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
yes. getting a broken rib is not going to help his cause.

but he should have been coming behind valverde, not flying for the sprint finish.

May 23, 2013
Visit site
murali said:
EBH is a very good rider. was hoping tht he will get a chance to go on his own on some hilly stage

Well this way you can still hope that he would have had the chance if he'd ridden on. Whereas if he'd completed the tour you'd merely have had the opportunity to get frustrated that Sky were keeping such a good rider in Froome's train.

It was something about a compression fracture in his shoulder blade or something, couldn't quite understand what the French doc said. She seemed to talk abut two fractures then focused on the compression fracture.

Bad news, I had hoped he would have his climbing legs back in the third week. Now it looks like I'll never know if I had it right.:(

The King is dead, Long live the King?

Always liked Cav because he was such a freak. Now it looks like sprinting is just down to who's got the biggest thighs again, zzzz

With luck Sky are having, Froome will probably get second degree burns off a faulty shower or something tonight. Just as stannard seems to be returning to his magnificent best, they lose EBH :mad: