• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour de France, Stage 13: Tours - Saint-Amand-Montrond (173 km)

Page 48 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

The winner of the stage will be...

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
martinvickers said:
As some one just said to me, it's "game of thrones" on saddles -you ride or your die! - So far we've had 'contenders' Tejay, evens, porte, schleck and now 'valverde' completely destroyed in one days racing - each a different day (Porte is Renly baratheon - i haven't worked out who the demon imp is yet!).

Froome's clearly the best single rider on fomr so far, and he has one TT left but his team has gone to pot (a lannister of some description, me thinks) - meanwhile quintana was shelled in the TT, but with VV gone, it's up to him now; Contador (the last dragon) is arguably the weakest he's been, but his super strong team, and racing nous keeps dragging him back into it; Belkin/Blanco/Rabo have two guys up there, and mollema just put down a big marker. And Dan Martin (the king in the north ) and Garmin (the second sons!!) keep sniffing around looking to cause mayhem. all while, sitting on a couch with his Froomie voodooo doll, Wiggins, the king across the water, laughs. And nibali thinks of 2014, and plots.

And that's before i even think of the green and white jerseys.

It's been absolutely cracking stuff.

Does that mean that once they hit the Wall of Ventoux, we should expect Mikel Snow to lead an motley assault of wildlings that will be semi-non-GC contenders that somehow get enough time to be able to threaten the stopgap defences of Sky?

Jul 21, 2010
www.cyclingquotes.com
jaylew said:
Hopefully. Although I might actually believe him when he said they didn't know the cause of Valverde being behind, just that he was back there.

True. Bet the whole peleton was super nervous due to the echelons. It would have surprised few teams if a GC rider was left alone in the wind. Doubt that mechanical problems (concerning Valverde) was the first thing that sprung to the minds of the Belkin riders.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Valverde already said he doesn't blame Belkin, because they were already on the front when he got a mechanical. He was more puzzled by Europcar riding.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
in the netherlands people are hystericlaly euphoric. mollema is bad at long climbs as we already saw in the first mountainstage where he almost dropped with still 25 riders in the group. he can easily blow on ventoux and lose 10 minutes. ten dam I have more faith in, but he doesn't have the class

Mollema didn't look especially bad on Albulapass, what is long climb for sure.

autologous said:
1. It wasn't Riis that was interviewed and said they wouldn't work while Valverde had his flat, it was the Saxo DS
2. When did Saxo pull while Valverde had his flat?

You must be new to intelligence.

Riis represent everything that is wrong with cycling (save the face of Fat Pat). Most of what comes out of mouth (regarding cycling) is pathetic, the guys is a lying cheater and will always be.

And yes, I am fine, thanks.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
martinvickers said:
As some one just said to me, it's "game of thrones" on saddles -you ride or your die! - So far we've had 'contenders' Tejay, evens, porte, schleck and now 'valverde' completely destroyed in one days racing - each a different day (Porte is Renly baratheon - i haven't worked out who the demon imp is yet!).

Froome's clearly the best single rider on fomr so far, and he has one TT left but his team has gone to pot (a lannister of some description, me thinks) - meanwhile quintana was shelled in the TT, but with VV gone, it's up to him now; Contador (the last dragon) is arguably the weakest he's been, but his super strong team, and racing nous keeps dragging him back into it; Belkin/Blanco/Rabo have two guys up there, and mollema just put down a big marker. And Dan Martin (the king in the north ) and Garmin (the second sons!!) keep sniffing around looking to cause mayhem. all while, sitting on a couch with his Froomie voodooo doll, Wiggins, the king across the water, laughs. And nibali thinks of 2014, and plots.

That was a valiant effort sir. Allow me to contribute. Valverde as Stannis perhaps? After all, nobody likes Stannis, he can claim to have been cheated, and he is now miles away. :cool:

Desperately trying to think who is Hodor...

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
batchuba said:
That was a valiant effort sir. Allow me to contribute. Valverde as Stannis perhaps? After all, nobody likes Stannis, he can claim to have been cheated, and he is now miles away. :cool:

Desperately trying to think who is Hodor...

I'm going to go with Jack Bauer :)

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:
that is the tour de suisse. I think he was worse there than van garderen, costa and some more. that says enough

Worse then Tejay? Why? I think he was actually the strongest there, only he lost contact on downhill than he chased TJVG and Costa down on his own on the flat. I wouldn't call this worse...
Actually he was the best one on the longest climb ;)

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Worse then Tejay? Why? I think he was actually the strongest there, only he lost contact on downhill than he chased TJVG and Costa down on his own on the flat. I wouldn't call this worse...
Actually he was the best one on the longest climb ;)

was that the final moutnainsatge in suisse right? mollema imo wasn't one of the strongets there, but still him being worse than costa prooves enough. costa himself isn't exaclty a guy for high long mountains either. suisse had horrible competition as usual

Poursuivant said:
I seen a Stannard interview where he said something like Froome was a little bit boxed in at the wrong moment, bad positioning.

Seeing it on ITV4 you can see Cav in the background scuttling across with Froome on Kwiatowski's wheel. One Sky rider was trying to move up as Saxo started to put the pressure on.